collapse

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: What is WoDish fear?  (Read 4982 times)

Offline Nosferatu Numbers Station

• Concealer of a dead language
  • Methuselah
Re: What is WoDish fear?
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2013, 05:17:12 AM »
Now that Disney shut down Lucas arts and is licensing SW to various GD studios I wouldn't be surprised if there is another SW MMORPG or 10
Give us back Star Wars Galaxies, pre-"Combat Enhancements".

This...though as much as I hate to admit it, they'd probably make a new one with the 'Combat Enhancements' already in place.  If only because a player shaking their ass in a bar as a class is not logical of disney to make a feature into their game.
If you put your head to a pipe, you can always hear ringing.  But whether it's the pipe or your head that's ringing is the question.

Offline Ventrueloquist

• Methuselah
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2013, 12:19:27 PM »
Now that Disney shut down Lucas arts and is licensing SW to various GD studios I wouldn't be surprised if there is another SW MMORPG or 10
Give us back Star Wars Galaxies, pre-"Combat Enhancements".

This...though as much as I hate to admit it, they'd probably make a new one with the 'Combat Enhancements' already in place.  If only because a player shaking their ass in a bar as a class is not logical of disney to make a feature into their game.
To make it more Disney-approvable they'd instead have to dance awkwardly and embarassingly bad, like all cartoon characters do whenever they decide to dance. That kind of dancing won't offend anyone, or at least not anyone Disney cares about :P. That they shut down Lucasarts is one thing (I haven't seen anything interesting coming from them in ages) but I do hope they'll let companies that match Bioware and Raven Software to develop other Star Wars games, because there is a disturbing lack of good ones out there. At the same time I hope CCP will let other companies develop interesting WoD computer games.

Offline _username

• Got Stront?
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2013, 07:19:07 PM »
For what it's worth, the last time I enjoyed a Star Wars game was Episode One: Racer.  Most people remember the N64 version, but the Dreamcast version looked better and had smoother controls *pushes up Hipster glasses*
LUNA NOBIS PROVIDET

Offline Frothy

• Ancillus
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2013, 06:26:19 AM »
Pod Racer was awful.

Admittedly, I only played the N64 version.

I almost bought a dreamcast because of Resident Evil: Code Veronica, though.
It was a direct sequel to RE:2, which I loved to death.

Offline _username

• Got Stront?
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2013, 11:23:28 PM »
RE:CV definitely looked pretty good, and the continuation of the RE2 arc was neat.  Unfortunately (and maybe it was just me), the controls were simply awful.  Like...you'd have an easier time using a Kinect as a Guitar Hero controller.

But back on topic, I think a major point of WoDish fear is the fear of losing power.  In the context of a game, this would be the fear of seeing your hard work burned to ash by a slightly more clever, slightly better prepared or slightly more lucky foe.  The paranoia that accompanies power is a formidable aspect in politics (both real life and in something like Eve's 0.0 space), and it lends very well to both pvp gamers and the WoD.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 11:36:13 PM by _username »
LUNA NOBIS PROVIDET

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal