collapse

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Reviews of currently popular F2P Vampire MMORPGs  (Read 1244 times)

Offline [archive] Skyra_to_Hollow

• Antediluvian
                Since World of Darkness® is Coming Soonâ„¢, I thought I'd whet everyone's appetites with reviews of the games that will be totally pwned by said upcoming Triple-A MMOG.

• Bitefight
  • posted:
    Bitefight is a popular browser based game by Gameforge, the same publisher behind Ogame, Ikariam, and Gladiatus. The game is most similar to Gladiatus but has a horror theme where players chose to play as either a vampire or werewolf. PvP plays a large role in Bitefight and players can be attacked by others at anytime. Like most browser games, Bitefight is slow paced and thin on gameplay options but is ideal for those without access to decent computer hardware.

• City of Eternals
  • posted:
    The majority of games currently available on Facebook are simple. In fact, some of them lack any depth of any kind and aren’t fun to play for more than few minutes — if that. Now a group of developers who worked on games like EverQuest, Planetside, and Free Realms is planning to deliver what may seem impossible – a true MMORPG on Facebook that will appear to both the hardcore and casual audience, and that game is called City of Eternals.

• DarkEden
  • posted:
    Every self-respecting geek has dreamed of being a vampire at least once in their lives. Immortality, incredible power, and drop-dead gorgeous good looks are all temptations that might draw a person to live the life of the undead. In Joymax's horror-based MMO Darkeden, you're given the opportunity to play as a vampire or a vampire slayer, and the PvP possibilities are endless. The game has been on Cody "Micajah" Bye's radar for a long, long time, and he finally took the game for a spin. How did it fare? Read his Darkeden review to find out more!

• Empire of Night
  • posted:
    Empire of Night is deeply social game that capitalizes on the bonds that form in the horror-genre. In EoN, players take on the role of modern-day vampires, sexy superheros with dark origins. They fight to control the blood pools and ultimately rise to the top of their clans.

• Immortal Night
  • posted:
    Hey readers, today’s post is about a new mmorpg (Massively multiplayer online role-playing game) I came across recently called Immortal Night. The game already has thousands of players and better yet, it’s free. With the economy sucking as badly as it does having a free video game to play rock all sorts of awesome (especially if you’re a broke nerdling like me).  And video games about werewolves versus vampires kick even more ass. What hardcore werewolf fan doesn’t want to lay on some serious pain to those vamps?

• Reign of Blood
  • posted:
    This is a text based RPG focussed on vampires. You start off in the imaginatively named Dead City and have to battle your way through the anarchic world that awaits you. It is free but it is also very simplistic. You play in your browser and each hour you get given a certain number of turns which you can use to train up, explore or battle. I’ve played a lot of these text based browser RPGs and they are all much the same. This one is not round based and there are no periodic resets. The lack of art or interesting storylines means that it will not likely hold your attention for long. You can check out the game at the Reign of Blood website.

Offline [archive] Skyra_to_Hollow

• Antediluvian
    Re: Reviews of currently popular F2P Vampire MMORPGs
    « Reply #1 on: March 07, 2010, 08:38:00 pm »
  • Best Answer
  •                 Outstanding info.  Thanks for posting this collection, Raneth!                        

-----signature-----
               Regards,
     Skyra to Hollow
     Site Director, www.PlanetVampire.com

Offline [archive] Valamyr

• Methuselah
    « Reply #2 on: March 07, 2010, 09:27:00 pm »
  • Best Answer
  •                 Alright, then, we ought to share our experiences with these games and compare the pros and cons.

Of these, I tried Immortal Night, which I wouldnt really agree is a MMORPG. Its a menu-driven progression-based game where the player is limited by how often he visits the game and perform a set of repetitive tasks rather than real ability. Given someone is willing to log in daily, sometimes more, and do all his actions and spend all his points, his growth is ensured - skill only comes in to choose who you duel with or maybe at playing the auction house market to become rich. It has few truly vampiric elements; it has a little theme, but you could rename most buttons and find yourself with a different themed game. Nothing screams "I am a powerful Vampire" here. Overall; if you liked BBS "RPGs" you might find something that reminds you of them here. Also, if you are a Facebook game junkie it might be for you, because many work like that mechanic wise. Otherwise, meh.

I also tried City of Eternals and found it a bit more promising, but too early beta-ish to be really enjoyable. Mood is hurt by a less than stellar crowd and very weak thematics "Socks of Flame" and the ability to run around in daylight doesnt really scream gothic horror to me. I guess I should count myself happy that I didnt sparkle.

Naturally Im more interested by the games I havent tried yet. Empire of Night seems to have 3d visuals and looks at least semi-professional at first glance. Can someone who played it share its pros and cons?
     Edit: Well it looks nobody will qualify to reply as that game doesnt appear to be released or playable. Furthermore given how the company presents several projects without having delivered anything, "Empire of Night" looks nice but it also look quite vapor-ish. I question whether it should appear on a list of "current" popular online games.                        

Offline [archive] Cahalith

• Methuselah
    « Reply #3 on: March 08, 2010, 03:26:00 pm »
  • Best Answer
  •                 I think some of you guys could be interested in Forsaken World. Looks like another asian grind-tastic MMO but it has vampires this time! And I guess if you're into anime you'll enjoy the graphics.                        

-----signature-----
               - Cahalith

"When a person's heart beats faster, it is because of a biological and emotional reaction.
     When a Blood Talon's heart beats faster, it is because he is the chosen son of Creation's fiercest killer."

Offline [archive] non_applicable

• Methuselah
    Reviews of currently popular F2P Vampire MMORPGs
    « Reply #4 on: March 09, 2010, 06:31:00 pm »
                    I could only play City of Eternals for so long. The graphics were all wrong, the mood was non-existent, and the whole world was a flimsy pretext for grinding. Diablo had more of a story than that steamer. Diablo.                        

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal