collapse

Author Topic: EverQuest Next: Truly dynamic world?  (Read 4934 times)

Offline Valamyr

• Kindred
  • Antediluvian
Re: EverQuest Next: Truly dynamic world?
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2013, 05:03:07 AM »
Turns out my post above was inaccurate after all, or at least it is now that they backpedaled. Apparently there was a 'misunderstanding' (ie, they backed down). No cash shop in ESO for as long as there's a subscription fee, thankfully, they're spinning it by saying they meant out of game / RL stuff like the Bethesda Store ( http://store.bethsoft.com/ )

I think I'll really love that MMO. In addition to the great IP/lore, I was totally hooked on DAoC and they're going to lengths to make PvP resemble it, hired many ex-Mythic folk. PvE seems solid, I had lots of fun on the beta weekends, and its highly likely that Vampires and Werewolves will be in, which is a big selling point to me. Visually its pretty great too and I had a hard time imagining that it won't be very popular. May end up playing that one alot.

Offline VampireBill

• Neonate
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2013, 05:34:16 PM »
Can you make attractive characters? Aside from bugs/instability, hideous characters has always been one of my biggest problems with Bethesda games, and why I would never play on a console where I can't get mods to rectify that, haha. Maybe it's different since it's not actually Bethesda making ESO

Offline Rick Gentle

• Gangrel Playboy
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2013, 12:17:58 AM »
Not sure if this is a violation of my beta agreement (I finally got into TESO beta, by the way. Huzzah!), and I've only made an Argonian so far, but the [female] characters I've seen can be pretty hot. Though Bethesda does love an equal share of ugly and old-looking people to round out the population.
Remember: It's not the size of your fangs that matters; it's what you stick them in.

Offline Valamyr

• Kindred
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2013, 02:59:38 AM »
Can you make attractive characters? Aside from bugs/instability, hideous characters has always been one of my biggest problems with Bethesda games, and why I would never play on a console where I can't get mods to rectify that, haha. Maybe it's different since it's not actually Bethesda making ESO

It sure is alot better than Skyrim. Vanilla Skyrim is HIDEOUS. Well modded, its beautiful. But easily unstable :(

Offline VampireBill

• Neonate
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2013, 04:01:11 AM »
Well that's good to hear. An MMO with only Bethesda's standard appearances would get... painful, ha.

http://www.complex.com/video-games/2011/09/10-really-ugly-good-guys/everyone-oblivion#gallery

Offline phonixor

• Methuselah
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2013, 08:00:51 PM »
were do you guys live?
... its totally not related to the fact that i want to steal your beta keys!
please help me attain a negative reputation
i love RPing the jerk :)