collapse

Author Topic: Eve Fanfest 2014  (Read 3358 times)

Offline Nigama

• Dead
  • Antediluvian
Eve Fanfest 2014
« on: February 07, 2014, 07:54:28 PM »
So presale tickets have sold out and regular tickets are on sale.  There's still no public information about events posted and Chris McD hasn't said anything on Facebook or Twitter concerning whether or not he'll be giving an WoD MMO presentation.  His last words on FB were: "Showing or not showing anything at Fanfest is not an indicator of anything. First off, it is Eve Fanfest.  Every year, we debate about showing anything because WoD is not Eve related. :) The choices about whether we show anything at Fanfest are complicated for many reasons. Either way, the game is looking great at the moment and we continue to do internal testing whether we show anything or not. I'm glad you guys are still hanging in there. Thanks for being great fans!"

Maybe one of you kids with the Eve accounts can login here: https://secure.eveonline.com/Fanfest/?_ga=1.154485437.424401859.1385401741  and tell us if anything is listed there. 

That'd be cool.  Thanks.

Nigama
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 08:11:10 PM by Nigama »
"You may not remember us, but we may be responsible for your lack of memory."

Offline Rick Gentle

• Gangrel Playboy
  • Antediluvian
Re: Eve Fanfest 2014
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2014, 12:48:54 AM »
... why would you preorder tickets for something that doesn't even have any events listed...?

(And by "you", I mean "people".)
Remember: It's not the size of your fangs that matters; it's what you stick them in.

Offline PANZERBUNNY

• Ancillus
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2014, 10:25:06 PM »
Curious why they don't rename it "CCP Fanfest". It would do away with the BS excuses why nothing else is being shown.

Offline _username

• Got Stront?
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2014, 11:58:24 PM »
That link is just to the ticket purchasing screen.  The available events are...

LUNA NOBIS PROVIDET

Offline dbs

• Fledgling
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2014, 11:16:55 AM »
I expect them to keep us on ice as per usual until the final schedule gets released, usually around April, to confirm or deny the World of Darkness presentation. The decision to do so is obviously being debated internally going off of Chris' comments on Facebook.

I'm not even sure what I expect to see if they do intend to have one, nor do I even know what I would call 'proof of progress', but I do know they need to show us something.

Also, if anyone else uses the Q&A bit of the presentation to ask a question that has been asked before, or is really just beyond asinine (here's looking at you OpenGL guy) OR they pull the coy stunt again and show footage, but don't stream it I'm going to throw myself in front of a train.

Offline Rick Gentle

• Gangrel Playboy
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2014, 07:24:49 PM »
Curious why they don't rename it "CCP Fanfest". It would do away with the BS excuses why nothing else is being shown.

I'm curious as to why they don't rename it "CCP Showcase". Aren't we fans, too? But we get nothing at this event that's supposed to... fest... us?

Fest it. Fest it good.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 07:26:38 PM by Rick Gentle »
Remember: It's not the size of your fangs that matters; it's what you stick them in.

Offline PANZERBUNNY

• Ancillus
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2014, 08:42:46 PM »
I think not giving "semi official" time tables to the public is having a worse effect on production. It seems they have no solid goal in their mind of when to have things on their way to the public. In my eyes things have been scrapped and delayed with ease because of that.

I'd be surprised if they even had deadlines behind closed doors for their own piece of mind and motivation.

Who's cracking the whip? Soggy noodles don't count.

Offline Valamyr

• Kindred
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2014, 04:41:39 PM »
CCP internals from 07 showed them targetting shipping a product by Q4 2010, so they did have internal dates in mind, even if that one was probably a bit aggressive. They just proved utterly unable to deliver an engine that made them even remotely possible.

The reason why they dont make these dates public is that they know its still a long ways off and more things could go wrong.

Offline dbs

• Fledgling
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2014, 07:54:25 PM »
They've updated the official CCP homepage with a little WoD button to change the top banner to some new art.

The previous job positions at the Atlanta office has also been closed and they opened up a new one for an Applications Database Administrator.

Offline Rick Gentle

• Gangrel Playboy
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2014, 05:05:45 AM »
I don't think that the new art picture for the CCP site was in that slew of pictures they released a couple years ago... That means they're making new art, at least.

"A special dedication ceremony for the “Worlds Within a World” monument to EVE players. This unique event, taking place in picturesque Reykjavik Harbor where the monument will be installed, will feature the monument’s creator, Reykjavik city officials and players from around the world."
I'll be the one to say it: Is Iceland a little starved for monuments? I mean, sure, it's great that gaming finally gets a public statue, but... seriously? Is CCP/EVE Online that integral to the country's economy?

"Further updates on CCP’s transmedia projects, such as the company’s collaboration with Dark Horse and its partnership with director Baltasar Kormákur on an EVE television series."
They have enough money and manpower to sponsor a TV show.
But they do not have enough money and manpower to get the WODMMO out in a reasonable amount of time.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 05:08:09 AM by Rick Gentle »

Offline _username

• Got Stront?
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2014, 12:36:37 AM »
Some facts and figures I learned while Googling around just now:
- CCP employs 600, or about 0.2% of Iceland's population.  I'm not sure how many of those are in Iceland, the US, China or elsewhere.
- It generates around 1% of the nation's GDP.
- Practically all of the revenue is from US Dollars, Euros and Yuan, which made it uniquely stable throughout recent volatility in the the native currency (Icelandic Krona).
LUNA NOBIS PROVIDET