collapse

* Notice

Important notice (31 July): We have recently recovered from a nearly two day downtime due to an attack. No data was lost or stolen but the server has been reinstalled as a precaution. Please let us know if you encounter any issues. We apologise for the unacceptable inconvenience. Please read here for more information.

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: CCP's "The Grey Ghost Masquerade" - Los Angeles by Night 2013  (Read 3999 times)

Offline Nigama

• Dead
  • Antediluvian
http://www.labynight2013.com/

Being told that this is NOT a replacement for TGM and that TGM may return. 

That said, anyone going?  Anyone think they will announce anything this year?

Nigama
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 12:05:35 am by Nigama »
"You may not remember us, but we may be responsible for your lack of memory."

Offline Valamyr

• Kindred
  • Antediluvian
Re: CCP's "The Grey Ghost Masquerade" - Los Angeles by Night 2013
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2013, 02:13:50 am »
Well, thats a nice improvement over last year. An official page and plenty of advance warning, I guess the event will at least be higher profile this year.

That also means that the sliver of info we'll get in May will likely be... "Its super cool but we cant tell you much because then we wouldn't have anything left to say in September!!" :p

Offline Claudia Vonigner

• Antediluvian
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2013, 11:25:34 am »
Right in the middle of school year, again. Idiots can't seem to gather up the idea that foreigners (or even NYorkers) flying 18 hours can't take a week off their EXAMS or mandatory classes.

I do hope they're going to announce something Bloodlines related, I mean, this IS Los Angeles.

Offline _username

• Got Stront?
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2013, 12:28:02 pm »
Blah.  It looks fun, but it's the third trip that I would like to take this summer/fall, but probably won't be able to get time off for.
LUNA NOBIS PROVIDET

Offline Rick Gentle

• Gangrel Playboy
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2013, 06:36:01 pm »
I was hoping for the same, Claudia, but then I read it's aboard the Queen Mary. I wonder if they'll say something like "Welcome aboard the Elizabeth Dane" or something to make it more atmospheric.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 08:39:31 am by Rick Gentle »
Remember: It's not the size of your fangs that matters; it's what you stick them in.

Offline Nigama

• Dead
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2013, 07:04:43 pm »
Hmm... it *would* be fun to do a LARP based on Bloodlines that you actually go to the different locations in LA for.   :cometome:   

Nigama

Offline _username

• Got Stront?
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2013, 07:47:30 pm »
Easy picks: the Santa Monica Pier and the Griffith Observatory.
LUNA NOBIS PROVIDET

Offline Valamyr

• Kindred
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2013, 12:56:16 am »
I do hope they're going to announce something Bloodlines related, I mean, this IS Los Angeles.

Dont hold your breath. They're really not into single player games. The last time they were asked about the possibility they were -very- dismissive. I'd love a new SP WOD RPG of course. Something with full mod tools and maybe even a ST client would be amazing.

Offline Rick Gentle

• Gangrel Playboy
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2013, 08:40:52 am »
^ Redemption with better graphics.
Yes.

The Nod SDK is one of the few toolkits I ever managed to get a working grasp of.
Remember: It's not the size of your fangs that matters; it's what you stick them in.

Offline Radical21

• Antediluvian
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2013, 04:07:43 pm »
Dont hold your breath. They're really not into single player games. The last time they were asked about the possibility they were -very- dismissive. I'd love a new SP WOD RPG of course. Something with full mod tools and maybe even a ST client would be amazing.

I think they are better off focusing on a ST client/server model.

The singleplayer aspect of redemption was nice because of the voice acting, art and animation but what made me revisit the game over the years was the Multiplayer mod and it is by far the best introduction to P&P.

Offline Valamyr

• Kindred
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2013, 04:28:36 pm »

I think they are better off focusing on a ST client/server model.

The singleplayer aspect of redemption was nice because of the voice acting, art and animation but what made me revisit the game over the years was the Multiplayer mod and it is by far the best introduction to P&P.

They probably are, yes. There's more cash to be made in online, ofc, especially the way CCP milks them. But damn if I don't love a good single player game. I was especially fond of the Neverwinter Nights model of a SP game with MP capabilities, a list of online games available at all times, a good toolset that includes everything the game was made with and a DM client to run the equivalent on online P&P play. Theoretically, CCP could liscense such a project away while focusing on their MMO and only get black ink from it at trivial effort, but I admit the odds are low.

However, online play does not always preclude toolsets and ST options. MMO 'Neverwinter' will launch in a few months and comes with a Foundry to create side adventures, though itll likely be more constrained than what NWN offered. I.. really don't think that's anywhere in the WODMMO plans though, nor would it mesh perfectly well with the kind of gameplay that's been hinted at so far.

Offline Radical21

• Antediluvian
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2013, 08:04:48 pm »
MMO 'Neverwinter' will launch in a few months and comes with a Foundry to create side adventures, though itll likely be more constrained than what NWN offered

To Clarify I believe its the same Foundry from Star Trek Online(STO) dressed up for the NWN settings, made by Cryptic Studios who are owned by Perfect World: In the other words its nice but limited , unmodable and not as versatile as VTMR's or NWN's multiplayer mod.

The Foundry mod in STO is aimed at people who want to make custom missions, it doesn't have Storyteller tools and entering the custom mission instance is limited to a team of 4-5 players, so while it is better than nothing, don't expect too much of it.

Offline Claudia Vonigner

• Antediluvian
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2013, 04:57:55 pm »
Clearly CCP did not see the results of Ubisoft with their AC franchise... Even if they have multiplayer, it's mostly dingle player. Should I mention Mass Effect, Bioshock, Heavy Rain, the latest Tomb Raider and a shitload more of successful non multiplayer games ? >_>

Offline Radical21

• Antediluvian
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2013, 06:03:25 pm »
Clearly CCP did not see the results of Ubisoft with their AC franchise... Even if they have multiplayer, it's mostly dingle player. Should I mention Mass Effect, Bioshock, Heavy Rain, the latest Tomb Raider and a shitload more of successful non multiplayer games ? >_>

The titles you mention are great for the cinematic experience but would you honestly go and replay them? were the DLC for them worth it?

Im not saying singleplayer is unsuccessful, Assassin's Creed and Mass Effect had a huge impact on the gaming community but in terms of replay-ability: well i'll rest my case by saying that you are not posting on the Mass Effect or Assassin's Creed forums.

Mass Effect for example is successful because its Star Wars for adults without Medichlorians or Jar Jar Binx so by now I won't be surprised if there is a community and some ill-balanced P&P game associated with it, but that is because it is a successful IP more than it is a Singleplayer experience(and by now according to rumors it is transitioning to Multiplayer).

Offline Nigama

• Dead
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2013, 02:28:16 am »
"Following Queen Mary's permanent docking in California, the ship became a subject of haunting rumors. Since the 1980s, the supposed "haunting" has figured significantly into the marketing and promotion of the ship, with various attractions and tours presenting the theme for visitors.

Anecdotal reports of paranormal activity have included children crying in the nursery room, used as the third-class playroom, and a mysterious splashing noise in the drained first-class swimming pool.
In 1966, 18-year-old engineer John Pedder was crushed by a watertight door in the engine room during a fire drill, and his ghost is said to haunt the ship. There is also said to be the spirit of a young girl named Jackie Korin who drowned in the second class pool and continues to haunt the first class pool room on board the ship. A young woman by the name of Sarah was said to have been murdered in the first class women's changing rooms by an unknown man and haunts the first class pool with Jackie. Some visitors say they have seen women wearing early 1930s bathing suits in the pool areas. It is also said that men screaming and the sound of metal crushing against metal can be heard below decks at the extreme front end of the bow. Those who have heard this believe it to be the screams of the sailors aboard HMS Curacoa (D41) at the moment the light cruiser was split in half by the liner.

The ship and its disturbances, including those thought to be related to the Curacoa collision, were detailed in an episode of Unsolved Mysteries. In 2005 TAPS (The Atlantic Paranormal Society) investigated the ship for the TV series Ghost Hunters, the case was covered in the eleventh episode of the second season."

Nigama
gettin' threads on track and doin' free promo

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal