collapse

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Trying to tweak AoR.  (Read 488 times)

This topic contains a post which is marked as Best Answer. Press here if you would like to see it.

Offline Marble Gargoyle

• Fledgling
Trying to tweak AoR.
« on: July 05, 2018, 05:47:58 AM »
Hello! I recently grabbed AoR 2017 and I'm very pleased with it, it fixed a bunch of the issues I had when I last played the 2015 version. My only complaint is that I'm not a fan of getting an addiction to kindred vitae by diablerising vampires. I realize that in the WoD setting, and in the PnP, this can occur. But I'm personally finding this addition to be a bit clunky and hindering my fun.

So my question would be if there is a way to disable this. I was looking through the files hoping there was something I could change a value on, like "Kindred Vitae Addiction 1" and change it to a 0 or something. But if it's there, I couldn't find it. Could someone help me out? I'd really appreciate it!

Edit: Just to clarify, in addition to going into the files I tried turning off Blood Quality Rules and Kindred Feeding Rules in the config.exe. But neither helped.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2018, 05:57:33 AM by Marble Gargoyle »

Offline Javokis

• Horse's Dick
  • Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
Re: Trying to tweak AoR.
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2018, 09:56:00 PM »
If you already caught kindred vitae addiction then turning off the feature wont help an existing character unless you enable console. Control the character who is addicted to kindred vitae, activate console, type 'revive' without ''. Should remove the effect.
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." Signo

Offline Marble Gargoyle

• Fledgling
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2018, 03:25:53 AM »
Thanks for the reply! Unfortunately turning the options off doesn't seem to stop the addiction debuff from appearing. I started up a new character and still got it when I had Kindred Feeding Rules and Blood Quality Rules both turned off. Is it another option I'm missing? Typing 'revive' removes it, which is nice. It's a work-around. I'll definitely be using it for now until I can get it disabled entirely.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2018, 03:28:33 AM by Marble Gargoyle »

Marked as best answer by Marble Gargoyle on July 08, 2018, 02:51:47 AM

Offline Javokis

• Horse's Dick
  • Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2018, 02:11:46 AM »
Yup. That's a bug. I found the script that is causing it. I'll be sure to post an update, but I need to sort some things out with my ftp. Till then try downloading the attached zip file containing the fixed script. Should solve the problem. I included a readme.txt in the zip for further info.
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." Signo

Offline Marble Gargoyle

• Fledgling
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2018, 02:44:42 AM »
That's awesome! Thank you so much. =) And thank you for keeping such an old and atmospheric game relevant. I tend to revisit it every few years and your work has definitely contributed to that.

Offline Marble Gargoyle

• Fledgling
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2018, 07:00:01 PM »
Ah, I'm sorry. I was trying out the fix and I don't seem to be able to commit diablerie anymore. I tried turning Kindred Feeding Rules back on just to try both ways, but neither one was giving me a notification that diablerie had failed like it did before. Unless maybe I'll only get a notification if it's successful?

Edit: Trying again I got a notification for a failed diablerie when I had Kindred Feeding Rules on. However after I saved and restarted the game I tried it again with the Kindred Feeding Rules off and got the kindred vitae addiction again. I do have Blood Quality Rules on, though. I'm not sure which feature is tied to which option.

Edit2: After playing around with the options I turned Blood Quality Rules off and Kindred Feeding Rules back on. I was able to diablerize again but I was subject to blood bonding and the feeding addiction was present again as well. Additionally using the console to use revive doesn't seem to remove the addiction anymore. Seems I'm a little worse off than I was initially. I was hoping to be able to avoid the kindred feeding rules entirely but now it seems required to diablerize, only now I'm stuck with the addiction. I'll have to switch back to pre-fix for now.

Edit3: Aaah, after removing the codex folder I can once again diablerize without dealing with the kindred feeding rules, but now the vitae addiction isn't removed with 'revive'. I don't think I imagined it working before!
« Last Edit: July 08, 2018, 07:40:38 PM by Marble Gargoyle »

Offline Javokis

• Horse's Dick
  • Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2018, 07:56:54 PM »
If you commit diablerie, you are actually permanently addicted to kindred vitae [it's permanent even with revive]. But don't worry. If the Blood Quality Rules are turned off, it does nothing to you. Just ignore it. I actually forgot that it's actually permanent - it is noted in the readme of aor. Not actually a bug. Probably best to go back to an earlier save before you became a diablerist [which modifies a permanent hidden aura attribute for you character].

[edit]

You can actually change your aura in console to something other than diablerist. Just type 'aura undefined' then use the revive command again.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2018, 08:07:02 PM by Javokis »

Offline Marble Gargoyle

• Fledgling
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2018, 08:33:07 PM »
Ah, alright, I'll try that aura thing!

Do you think future updates might include an option to keep diablerie without having to turn on Kindred Feeding Rules? (I'm assuming the fix you made the game closer to how you wanted it to be) The whole blood bond thing is a bit disruptive while playing through the story even if I set blood quality rules to be disabled. In the 2015 version I didn't have to worry about any of this, but it also had some glitches that kept me from progressing. I'm mostly just aiming for a smooth run but with the option of lowering my generation and increasing my blood pool without any other further complications. But if I can customize how that diablerie thing works in a new release it's totally worth waiting for.  If, of course, that's your vision for the future.

Offline Javokis

• Horse's Dick
  • Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2018, 08:46:14 PM »
Blood Bonding is not part of the Blood Quality Rules; it's the Kindred Vitae Rules tied into balancing Diablerie. Diablerie has consequences and several aspects added for balance. Those rules aren't changing just to make a super over powered low-gen run easier. If you want things simple, then just turn it all off and use console to bypass the mechanics to create the stats you want. If I made it easier, you mind as well be cheating.

Offline Marble Gargoyle

• Fledgling
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2018, 08:57:14 PM »
Alright. I was just hoping it'd be something I could customize since the configuration for AoR already allows a lot of customizing options to make things easier or more difficult depending on how the user wants to play. If I wanted to make the game super easy, it certainly seems like I already have the option. =P But oh well. I can manage with the pre-fix, I think. Thank you for taking the time to help me.

Offline Javokis

• Horse's Dick
  • Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2018, 11:11:29 PM »
Extra tip:

The readme does say there is a resistance factor against blood bonding. The specifics are this:

-Your generation is your base percentage chance per second you will have to make a blood bonding check [so lower gen means less frequent blood bonding checks].
-Your intelligence is the percentage chance you will RESIST blood bonding [so higher is better and 100 intelligence will make you immune to blood bonding].

So spend on intelligence. ;)

Offline Marble Gargoyle

• Fledgling
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2018, 12:15:10 AM »
Haha, well for now I'm gonna stick with the pre-fix so I can have my fun drinking vampires without worrying about blood bonding. But that's a good tip! I'm sure one day I'll feel compelled to upgrade because you've added so much cool stuff (Really blown away by the items you've added. It's like a whole new game with much more variety) and I'll definitely have to toss in a bunch of intelligence. Thanks for letting me know! I had given the readme a quick once-over but totally missed that part.  :vampsmile:

* Game Files