collapse

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: First VTMR Playthrough  (Read 1226 times)

Offline Battow

• Fledgling
First VTMR Playthrough
« on: January 02, 2014, 02:46:06 AM »
What's up guys?

I've been playing VTMB for quite some time (since 2006, I think), but only now i decided to do a Redemption playthrough. So for my first playthrough I'd like to know if there are any "must have" mods, like the unofficial patch or clan quest, for VTMR.

Thanks. :vampsmile:

Offline Javokis

• Horse's Dick
  • Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
Re: First VTMR Playthrough
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2014, 09:15:19 AM »
The content at E-Mods.net would be a good start. Specifically, the Age of Redemption mod which aims to modernize much of the gameplay and add AI enhancements. The vanilla AI is horrible, but AoR improves it quite a bit. It's really the only mod available that truly sets out to support single player and even adds multiplayer co-op support.
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." Signo

Offline Battow

• Fledgling
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2014, 08:29:33 PM »
wow...I've just tried the mod AoR and it is totally unbalanced, i couldn't get pass the monastery quest, the enemies are ridiculous strong.

Offline Javokis

• Horse's Dick
  • Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2014, 11:32:56 PM »
You can use the config options to stem down the difficulty.
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." Signo

Offline YamiRaziel

• Fledgling
  • Redeemer & Destroyer
    • Citadelata - a fantasy based fan site
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2015, 11:24:45 PM »
Javokis is this mod you speak of changing the content or just fixing the mechanics?

I've never finished Redemption Vanilla and now I'm planning on giving it another try.

What mods or patches should I have that will not change the content too much, but just make it less buggy?

Can you please provide some changelogs or anything that make help me make up my mind?

Offline Javokis

• Horse's Dick
  • Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2015, 05:45:30 AM »
Change log is included with the mod download. The aor download page at e-mods.net gives plenty of jist on what the mod does. Basically, it changes mechanics, but in a way that modernizes the gameplay through improved AI, rebalanced disciplines, ect. Age of Redemption is the only mod that made an attempt at altering single player. It has a config app with lots of options to bring things [closer] to vanilla, but it's not vanilla. So don't play if you're a purist.

Offline Veritas Volpe

• Fledgling
  • The Ultimate Slayer
    • Coffe with Reading
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2017, 08:21:47 PM »
I never went far in this game, but I remember I loved the way it's play. It reminds me a lot of another great game called Dark Stone.

I got stuck in the first dungeon for a long time without not knowing what to do, in the medieval era yet.   

Offline The Shadow Man

• Untrained Bokor
  • Methuselah
  • Here be shadows
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2017, 01:56:49 PM »
Loved the storyline, its a bit like what Twilight would be if it wasn't written for teenage girls, but hated the gameplay, it may be the worst gameplay I've ever come across in a 'modern' game. The enemies are way too hard and there's way too many of them, its like the endgame and sewer mission of Bloodlines turned up 11 for the entire game. I had to use cheats to even finish one playthrough, I only played it once.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 01:59:22 PM by The Shadow Man »

Offline Raving_Neonate

• Ancillus
  • Raving somewhere....
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2017, 04:26:23 PM »
Actually, I found the story charming. ;) The characters are for the most part memorable, Christof is really cool (Nicholas Guest voiced him perfectly) - I love many things about VTMR, though Shadow Man you are right: the game is brutal. I wrote about it around the forum, so my bottom line is: a great, story-driven, insanely hard game. ;)
Rave.Period.

* Game Files