collapse

Author Topic: AoR Mod question  (Read 271 times)

Offline Charity322

• Fledgling
AoR Mod question
« on: April 11, 2019, 04:03:55 PM »
I downloaded the Age of Redemption mod, but I'm not really fond of a lot of the features. I mainly got it because I wanted Serena in the Modern times. Is there any way to get just Serena, without all the rest?

All the Nosferatu in Josef's Tunnels are wearing helms and they look ridiculous. That was kind of the final straw, but I think I had a damage bug anyway as the golem was doing no damage to Christof when he threw him into the air and Christof was stuck with his Frenzy not going away for ages after battle. DX

Offline Javokis

• Horse's Dick
  • Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
Re: AoR Mod question
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2019, 02:13:50 AM »
You can configure those effects in VTMR>AoR>Config>config_npceffects.txt file. You can also change npc loadouts through the config_npcloadout.txt file in same directory. Lots of additional configuration options in the config directory that wouldn't be covered by the config app.
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." Signo

Offline Charity322

• Fledgling
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2019, 07:00:21 AM »
Thanks. So do I just delete the line ef_item_wearskullcap?

Is there any way to remove the attempt at diablerie if you happen to completely drain a vampire of blood?
« Last Edit: April 13, 2019, 07:32:21 AM by Charity322 »

Offline Javokis

• Horse's Dick
  • Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2019, 01:40:25 AM »
That option is already in the config app and explained in the readme.
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." Signo

Offline Charity322

• Fledgling
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2019, 09:23:56 AM »
I think I phrased the question badly.

If Kindred Feeding Rules are turned off, will feeding on a vampire until they die do anything at all? I have them turned off, yet Wilhem still got a notice that he had failed diablerie.

Thanks for your help.

Offline Javokis

• Horse's Dick
  • Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2019, 03:35:45 AM »
That's a bug. Ignore it. No attempt at diablerie actually took place. I haven't had access to my site so I wasn't able to apply the patch, but the patch for that minor bug I'll attach here:

Offline Charity322

• Fledgling
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2019, 06:58:03 AM »
Thanks a lot! I'm getting used to the mod now and it's going well.

Offline Charity322

• Fledgling
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2019, 02:17:57 PM »
Might as well keep using this thread instead of opening a new one. I seem to have a bug in the Teutonic Knights' Base where the items taken from me that are now on the knights include the items I had safe in my vault back at the haven. Including plot items like Ardan's Manifest.

Offline Charity322

• Fledgling
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2019, 10:26:40 AM »
One more bug I found. When we went back to the Order of Hermes guy to give him the tremere amulet he behaved as if he'd never seen us before and went through the introductory cutscene again, before doing the amulet cutscene. We'd definitely visited him before and had seen the cutscene already.

Offline Javokis

• Horse's Dick
  • Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2019, 01:44:09 PM »
Actually nothing I can do about the inventory bug. The java api doesn't include anything for me to see the difference between inventory and storage. With that stated, there is another bug [exploit] you can use; place all your ammo in storage. You will still be able to fire it from there.

As for the Order of Hermes, didn't see anything wrong with the script so must have been some kind of memory glitch with the engine. Beyond the control of the java api if that's the case. Minor bug considering you were still able to advance the story.

Offline Charity322

• Fledgling
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2019, 01:50:53 PM »
Thanks for the reply. I ended up setting loot drop to 100% for the Teutonic Knight part, instead of 50%, so I got all my stuff back.

I just did the final battle with Etrius at Haus die Hexe and I wondered if there was a way to stop him from summoning elementals until the cutscene is over. All I could see during the cutscene was elemental butt. XD Also, he totally cheats. I had number of enemy pets allowed at 2 and he still summoned 3 elementals.