collapse

Author Topic: Age of Redemption 2015 v1.3 LAUNCHED  (Read 10195 times)

Offline Javokis

• Horse's Dick
  • Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
Age of Redemption 2015 v1.3 LAUNCHED
« on: June 02, 2015, 09:19:51 PM »
Age of Redemption 2015 v1.3 has launched with the following content:

Fixes

-Serenity items and the sire finger, which were intended to reduce frenzy rating, were bugged [since vanilla] and didn't reduce frenzy rating.
-Polished up player spawn points and lock exits when using the ST Scene pane in the Age of Redemption chronicle in MP.
-Fixed an issue with the Coterie using certain disciplines when idle even when Complex Coterie AI is off. [Now called AI Fully Aggressive under the Player tab in the new config app]
-Coterie was using blood healing while idle even when Auto Healing was shut off in the Settings>Coterie AI Controls.
-Fixed an issue with the Coterie AI permanently switching weapons when out of ammo thus not allowing the weapon to be unequipped.
-Quell The Beast has been fixed to work on both targets and self [when no target is selected].
-The follower weapon equipment orders effect icons will now be removed when you have no followers.
-Addressed an oddity in the followers scripts causing certain summoned beings to vanish shortly after summoning.

Features

-Age of Redemption config app has been overhauled with considerably more options. Check the updated README for info.
-Sire finger no longer reduces frenzy rating, it now reduces the frenzy stat over time for as long as it is worn.
-Anezka will now give you another blessing if you talk to her a second time after giving her the Amulet.
-Blood quality rules have been implemented. Check readme for details.
-Diablerie, Blood Bonding, and Kindred Vitae addiction features have been added to the Feed discipline. Check readme for details.
-Blood quality can be modified easily by accessing the AoR>Config>config_bloodtypes.txt file.

You can check it out here:
http://e-mods.net/modules/mods/about_aor.php
« Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 02:33:28 AM by Javokis »
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." Signo

Offline SpoCk0nd0pe

• Fledgling
Re: Age of Redemption 2015 v1.3 LAUNCHED
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2015, 01:47:05 AM »
There are several announcement threads in several forums, this one is the first google hit for me so I thought I'd post here.

First of all thank you very much for all your work and effort to renew, fix and expand this classic!

I wanted to report some bugs:

Frenzy rating keeps resetting to 0 when starting the launcher.

The game stability seems mediocre, it's mostly playable but hoppers like to crash the game for me.

Sometimes loading a save will spawn additional minions. This is mostly a problem with save scumming.

I've seen summoned wolves (animalism discipline) pick up items which then seem to have vanished. I might not have seen things correctly though.

You equipment doesn't reliably spawn on guards in the teutonic knight base. This seems to correlate with spawn settings, this occurred when I used a high respawn timer (1200) and disabling respawn when cleared. This might also be a random correlation though, I only tested it 3 or 4 times.

Some further suggestions:
I'm not to fond of the closing of the Vienna Hideout. Maybe it would be better to disable Walk the Abyss in the Teutonic knight base and Stephansdom 3.
Having played the PnP and using a slow play style, I think Fortitude and Potence could use further duration buffs. I mean all the minion spells are permanent (due to Enemy AI use?). I also think the Enemies could have pre-used summon spells. Tremere Lords could have an Elemental (but maybe cut back on the Hoppers) etc.
Prison of Ice and Theft of Vitae seem a little OP. I've yet to see a Tremere Lord use prison of ice, that could spice things up a bit.
The Enemy AI doesn't seem to resurrect their comrades very often (I have yet to see that happen, maybe I just missed it).

A readme or a small video on what the options in the launcher do would also be helpful.

A small spoiler question:
Does Wilhelm keep his disciplines? More specifically: does he keep Obtenebration?
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 01:54:17 AM by SpoCk0nd0pe »

Offline Javokis

• Horse's Dick
  • Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2015, 08:18:04 AM »
Sorry for late response. Work has been hectic lately.

There is a readme in the AoR directory. Should also appear in start menu>Age of Redemption 2015. I am considering adding an option in the launcher to open the readme through a help menu. But there is a readme and it does include info about the mod and the launcher's features.

I may need to do some new testing of the hoppers, but never had issues with their programming in the past other than people whining about being "face raped" by them. :P

Additional minion spawns from saving was an issue with prior versions of AoR, but that bug should have been [mostly] fixed. Used to be much worse in the past. A cleanup script should be removing the [extra] minions so usually they should only appear for a moment.... unless something has broken in the save.

Wolves aren't supposed to pick up gear, but looking at the code... you may be right. That's a bug.

Interesting discovery with the respawn system not always playing nice with the equipment loadout system. I'll have to look into this later.

Vienna Hideout? The desecrated church? That isn't supposed to lock up. Walk the Abyss is supposed to be disabled for the duration of the stephansdom & teutonic base missions [as per vanilla]. It's supposed to be enabled after those missions are done [as per AoR].

There's a number of ways I could have solved issues with duration and initially found that 5 minutes was definitely better than 10-30 seconds [in vanilla]. I thought I was being greedy enough... guess not. :P Can you believe there's people out there that think that 5 minutes is OP? Rebalancing disciplines is a constant work in progress and not everyone is gonna be satisfied with decisions. Here is one thing to note about Theft of Vitae:

Since the 1.3 version of AoR, the feed discipline has actually grown more powerful because now you can buff from feeding off of pedestrians based on their various blood types and qualities. You may want to find that readme I mentioned for more info about this. Theft of Vitae [and Tongue of the Asp too] doesn't include the communion in AoR game mechanics so only the feed discipline will work. Prison of Ice was rebalanced to at least be resistible [it is more OP in vanilla].

AI resurrection behavior is actually a rare thing. It's normal that you wont observe it much since it requires that the AI be idle when surrounded by dead allies. They wont attempt a resurrection in the middle of a fight.

Sorry but Wilhem wont retain any of his abilities when you meet up with him a second time [game engine spawns a new template & thus a new character].

Hope that helps.

"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." Signo

Offline DarkDan1100

• Fledgling
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2015, 02:53:12 AM »
I'm having a little trouble, not sure exactly if it's a bug or if I'm doing something wrong, but I can't get diablerie to work at all.
So far I've only tried with Christof but the Cappodocians refuse to be diablerized. I'm not getting a message saying I failed, but I'm definitely not succeeding either. All the other blood stuff is in effect though so I have been blood bonded a few times while attempting to commit diablerie.

Offline Javokis

• Horse's Dick
  • Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2015, 05:29:42 PM »
One big thing I should have noted in the readme is that the process of Diablerie requires that you must sustain feeding for at least 30 seconds or else no diablerie calculations will occur. So you need to grab someone who isn't severely injured and near death to begin with.

Offline DarkDan1100

• Fledgling
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2015, 10:56:43 PM »
That's the thing, I've done that.
Perfectly healthy Cappodocian, no damage done to them, used Awe to drag them in, had Wilhem stand way back and held on to them for 30 seconds and still no message or bonuses.
Is there a level Feed needs to be at to commit Diablerie?

Offline DarkDan1100

• Fledgling
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2015, 11:11:25 PM »
Actually, I just tried again and after counting I found out I can't even hold on for the full 30 seconds, they die before they get there and no one else is damaging them but my diablerie attempt. Is there a way to bring the required time down because they don't seem to have enough health to even be diablerized.

Offline Javokis

• Horse's Dick
  • Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2015, 11:25:28 PM »
The system was setup to balance out Diablerie. Not every vampire will provide the needed rush that comes with Diablerie buffs and perks especially on the first mission. At higher difficulty, you may be able to get more out of them, but Diablerie can make things OP if too easy to achieve.

Offline DarkDan1100

• Fledgling
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2015, 12:49:41 AM »
Damn, I just wanted to get some extra disciplines and blood to use against the Jew Golem.
I hope Mercurio will have enough health for me to diablerize him at least.

Offline Acleacius

• Antediluvian
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2016, 06:13:58 PM »
Tried asking this in "Ask Thy Questions" thread but it's been 3 months and no reply.

Thanks for your work on this great mod! 

Do we need to do a fresh install before installing v 2015 or can we just upgrade from our previous version?

Thanks

Trust me, most of the names I have been called you can't translate in any language...they're not even real words as much as a succession of violent images.

Offline Javokis

• Horse's Dick
  • Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2016, 04:30:28 AM »
You'll need a fresh install with 2015 since it no longer has save stability with any version before that.

Offline Acleacius

• Antediluvian
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2016, 09:34:45 PM »
Thanks for the reply.

Got it installed now and see it in the Readme.txt. Before knowing I needed a fresh install, when downloaded from your site, it only had ReadFirst.txt and ChangeLog.txt. You might consider putting the Readme.txt in with the download too.

Looking forward to trying the new configuration settings. Even though I only play the single player, iirc it's better to start a multiplayer game, which gives you access to skin choices, console commands and ST mode, correct?

Btw, I downloaded White Rabbit from your site, when getting the new AoR. With this new install, I don't have anything unpacked so I'm not sure where to put the .nob file. According to the Readme of White Rabbit, we can uninstall it (didn't see a install path) here, but I don't see these paths at least with fresh install.
\misc\mpcharacters.txt
\misc\Templates\Multiplayer.not
\strings\system.nls

Hey can we change the AoR settings at will in the single player game (i.e. save, exit, change settings, load game) or is it set at game creation?

Thanks for any tips.   :vampsmile:
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 09:38:01 PM by Acleacius »
Trust me, most of the names I have been called you can't translate in any language...they're not even real words as much as a succession of violent images.

Offline Javokis

• Horse's Dick
  • Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2016, 10:01:06 PM »
All nob files from most mods can go into the root of your VTMR directory where the vampire.exe is located.

You can change AoR settings at anytime during single player, but some effects might take time to settle in [e.g. respawn timer].

The READFIRST.txt should have hinted about a "fresh" playthrough in the save stability clause. Though fresh installs are usually recommended, they aren't always required during certain upgrades. If you were upgrading from 2012 to 2015 then yeah, that's usually a good time to fresh install.

Offline Acleacius

• Antediluvian
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2016, 10:00:40 PM »
Thanks again for all your work on this great mod!

There seems to be an issue with Enchanted Pets, not sure if it's random. In Josef's Tunnels before going on the Path of Caine, I popped up on Golden Lane to unlock the gate. The enchanted Nossies came with and when I zoned back inside to continue seems a set stayed on Golden Lane, even though they followed me back in, duplicates? So I had Pets with me ready to do PoC and Pets still on Golden Lane, once I completed the level and zoned back out. I killed the pets in the sewers before I zoned back out into Golden Lane but those originals were still there at the zone out. The real problem is, they are detached (i.e. not considered pets in the UI) so I can't UI kill them or target them.

I just left them and have continued on with the story. Quitting the game seems to be the only way, to kill them.

Edit: Something strange is happening, I made to Arden's Chantry with my Humanity in tact. Defended Humans against Prince Brandolf so had 80 Humanity entering. About 3/4 through level 2, I saw Christoff diablerized  a Tremere. I had turned off Blood and Feeding AoR Rules in the settings. So I look at my Humanity and it's 20 !  :facepalm: 

SOOOOO glad I had a save at the start of level 1, I've only been using 3 save slots. Anyway I checked the config UI and it looks ok, so no idea how or why this happened, any idea?

Since this happened I tried to use the command, Humanity 80 with no luck to fix this. Didn't the Humanity command get turned on in Single Player, with your mod? Or am I going to have to start a multiplayer game to play the original story campaign?

I might have missed this in the ReadMe and I checked the forums threads too. Is there a fix for the NPCs and Player heads being chopped off in videos?

Ooc, what changes did you make to Lure of Flames? It wasn't an 'exacting' test, just tried to hit some Tremere and they seemed to have taken 0 damage, 5 out of 5 casts. Even if they resist, seems they should take some damage, maybe half. It doesn't seem like an average Tremere, should survive 5 Lure of Flames.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 09:42:59 AM by Acleacius »

Offline Acleacius

• Antediluvian
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2016, 04:46:49 PM »
I'm a little confused about Luther Black, when I refused him, didn't get + Humanity. He fought us, dropped his book but no Humanity, any ideas?

Didn't you turn on the Humanity console command in AoR, really needed it twice now? As before, when I was getting hits for Diablerie on the Tremere, even when I had Kindred Feeding Rules turn off. Luckily I only had to replay a couple levels, this time checked immediately after the Luther scene.

Bug, broken or am I doing the fight incorrectly?

Thanks for any help.

Edit: Didn't get Humanity for Destroying Father Leo's Blood instead of killing him. Humanity is broken in Single Player, is there some file I can edit to fix this?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 10:59:20 AM by Acleacius »