collapse

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Level ranking in Redemption?  (Read 6315 times)

Offline Acleacius

• Antediluvian
Level ranking in Redemption?
« on: June 23, 2016, 03:17:28 pm »
Tried looking this up but can't find the 'level to XP' for each rank.
Edited: Think I got it figured out, though only tried up to 5 million to see if there was a Antediluvian rank.

Fledgling        1 - 4999 XP
Neonate          5K - 9,999 XP
Ancilliae        10k - 49,999 XP
Elder            50k - 199,999XP
Methuselah       200k -
Antediluvian      -   

Thanks for any help
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 03:34:53 pm by Acleacius »
Trust me, most of the names I have been called you can't translate in any language...they're not even real words as much as a succession of violent images.

Offline The Shadow Man

• Antediluvian
Re: Level ranking in Redemption?
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2016, 05:30:59 pm »
I don't know whats up with Redemption myself. Theres too many enemies, just enemy after enemy like your playing a zombie survival game. I found it really difficult, far harder than Bloodlines, I consider Bloodlines to be superior in pretty much every way. I actually cheated and made Christoff highest generation possible, did a similar thing with some of the other player characters and it was still really hard, surely if your such a high generation shouldn't it be a lot easier? In any case I don't remember what the XP is for Antideluvian.

Offline Acleacius

• Antediluvian
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2016, 06:07:00 pm »
Yeah, it was the first real attempt at a VtM PC game, released way back in 2000. It got rushed out like Bloodlines, before it was ready, typical activision bullshit. The best way to think about it is a VtM hack and slash, with a great story (well I really like it).

If it's a bit too difficult, not sure generation will help much. Probably better off, giving yourself XP and good gear. Then you can balance out the challenge and enjoy the story more (well if your into good stories). Give yourself several of the discipline tomes and add XP to get them all up to 3 dot. Then play around with them to get more comfortable and find what you like using. Theft of Vitae is good, if your always running out of Blood...try adding:
addthing tomebloodpath
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 06:10:39 pm by Acleacius »
Trust me, most of the names I have been called you can't translate in any language...they're not even real words as much as a succession of violent images.

Offline The Shadow Man

• Antediluvian
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2016, 09:29:42 pm »
Yeah I like the story too. The story is much more linear than Bloodlines, no real room for side quests because of how determined he is to get his girl back. I'm not saying that bad necessarily because if Redemption had been made by the people who made Bloodlines (after Bloodlines or instead of I suppose, for technologies sack) it would have been awesome even with that linear storyline. It's ironic that Redemption was a commercial success while Bloodlines wasn't.

To be honest Dark the new Vampire stealth game kinda reminds me of Redemption, with both there's potential but the problems make it into not a good game where as Bloodlines is good despite its problems.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 09:35:41 pm by The Shadow Man »

Offline Acleacius

• Antediluvian
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2016, 01:19:54 am »
I was blown away by the story, back in 2000, one of the best I had ever played. Yeah, haven't tried Dark yet, might check Steam since the summer sale started today. Personally, I think Obsidian's secret project is Bloodlines 2 or at least another game in VtM world.   :rock:

I'll be so pissed if it's in Requiem, well pissed and sad. :irritated:

Offline The Shadow Man

• Antediluvian
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2016, 02:16:11 am »
I was blown away by the story, back in 2000, one of the best I had ever played. Yeah, haven't tried Dark yet, might check Steam since the summer sale started today. Personally, I think Obsidian's secret project is Bloodlines 2 or at least another game in VtM world.   :rock:

I'll be so pissed if it's in Requiem, well pissed and sad. :irritated:

Well I think a remake of Bloodlines is more likely than a sequel since it didn't sell well first time around. Well I played Bloodlines first which had given me too high expectations. I personally prefer the format of Bloodlines i.e. less linear and XP for quests rather than XP for killing people since it allows you to play the game in more ways than just a total slaughter. I wasen't very impressed with Dark gameplay wise, your basically forced to sneak through most of the game, if you don't sneak or you get found then you get seen and if you get seen you get shot and die really quickly, hail of bullets and then dead. Also Dark has XP and "Power points", power points are used to level up powers and XP well I honestly have no idea what XP is for in Dark couldn't work it out.
I have heard some stuff about Requiem and I think Masquerade seems better even if Requiem has more options or seems too.

Offline Acleacius

• Antediluvian
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2016, 02:51:39 pm »
Ouch, yeah saw how terribly Dark has been rated in Steam and I'm not even interested at a sale price. Yes, most everyone like Bloodlines better, being  made by masters or RPG design didn't hurt it either. Redemption was made in a much different time and atmosphere. 16 years ago release, 18 years ago design started, 19 years ago concepts began. So think about all the games back in 1996-1997, probably the biggest success was Diablo. So Nihilistic wanted to merge the great VtM with the gameplay of the most successful game atm, with an amazing story (imo). Then think about how activision are a bunch of dicks and you get the picture. There's a really great Post Mortem around here somewhere, with great insight into Redemption. Here it is, in case you missed it.
Nihilistic Software's Vampire: The Masquerade -- Redemption

In case you weren't around at release Bloodlines was caught up in the Half Life 2 code theft. Lack of sales really had nothing to do with Bloodlines. Well the game breaking nossie bug at release probably did, but much more activision stop work on development. Troika wasn't able to finish the game, just bug fix at the end.

Edit: Another thing that made Redemption was the Novella, we all got with the game. So we all knew about Christoff's loss of Faith and his corrupted commander. All the things  Ecaterina was talking about before the Embrace.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 02:58:58 pm by Acleacius »

Offline Raving_Neonate

• Rave.Period.
  • Antediluvian
  • Raving somewhere....
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2016, 02:29:55 pm »
It goes without saying that Redemption is difficult - I found myself cursing everyone and everything because of the poor hit detection in the game. I remember jumping out of my chair in ecstatic joy when I saw the credits appearing on the screen after sweating my palms like there's no tomorrow. The sheer amount of punishment coming from the Tremere chantry first, then the Teutons and the Setites made me erratic to the point of braking my keyboard in two. Also, the tendency of all members of my coterie to remain stuck in the walls or to take a nosedive into the floor really adds to the frustration factor (bashing "r" does not help).
However, the story is something unique, not seen before. Though being without background, all characters bring life to the plot that is essentially a romantic drama in my opinion. Christoff is by far my favorite character, simply because he denies the beast at every turn, keeping his humanity as much as he can in one piece throughout the ordeal. Of course, he can lash out, but the aura of "humanity" that he radiates kept me going on, despite the beating I was receiving. Another good character is Lily in my opinion with all of her Toreador charm and humane approach.
Maybe some would judge me for this insistence on humanity and mercy in a world of undead monsters, but that is the point from where I'm standing: fighting against the beast by retaining humanity. The entire struggle that Cristoff is going through confirms that. :vampsmile: 
Me: "I love lollipops!"
WoD ST: "We don't allow lollipops, because we are too dark!"

Offline sundog005

• Fledgling
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2021, 08:59:53 pm »
I don't know whats up with Redemption myself. Theres too many enemies, just enemy after enemy like your playing a zombie survival game. I found it really difficult, far harder than Bloodlines, I consider Bloodlines to be superior in pretty much every way. I actually cheated and made Christoff highest generation possible, did a similar thing with some of the other player characters and it was still really hard, surely if your such a high generation shouldn't it be a lot easier? In any case I don't remember what the XP is for Antideluvian.

Ehh so why even comment if you have no idea how to help and are just trashing the game? lol...I mean if it was a thread about how Redemption sucks I'd understand but its not its a query about mechanics and you didn't even have an answer for the problem

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal