collapse

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: I hate this game...  (Read 369 times)

Offline Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
I hate this game...
« on: February 04, 2021, 03:09:51 PM »
...and yet I think I would still recommend it.

CAUTIOUSLY... recommend it.

I think my favorite moment was right before the finale, right where you check out "Anezka's diaries". Her theme plays again as you listen to her notes throughout the centuries and... it just turned my heart to mush.

Seriously though, the gameplay can be quite excruciating at times. I knew it wasn't gonna be Bloodlines but holy hell the first half of the game is just broken.

Anyways, just my little opinion after finishing the game.

Offline thewarsend

• Ancillus
  • BOOM! Love Jack :)
Re: I hate this game...
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2021, 09:53:24 AM »
It is a flawed game, but it is still a VtM game. It has a decent enough story and some memorable moments.

I always wanted to improve this game a little bit, fix the camera, controls, game balance, improve models, textures etc. It is certainly doable, but I couldn't figure out out to permanently change the camera view. I really hate it when a game wont allow you to see ahead and forces you to constantly look down.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2021, 12:07:36 PM »
I always wanted to improve this game a little bit, fix the camera, controls, game balance, improve models, textures etc. It is certainly doable, but I couldn't figure out out to permanently change the camera view.
Have you ever contacted Javokis, the author of the Age of Redemption mod? It looks to me as if he is for Redemption what I am for Bloodlines ;), so he might know more about that game.

Offline thewarsend

• Ancillus
  • BOOM! Love Jack :)
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2021, 01:36:08 PM »
Have you ever contacted Javokis, the author of the Age of Redemption mod? It looks to me as if he is for Redemption what I am for Bloodlines ;), so he might know more about that game.

I hadn't even considered contacting him. Maybe he might have an idea about how to do some of the things I am thinking of. Thank you.

Offline Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2021, 01:42:27 AM »
From what I hear, the Age of Redemption Mod does fix a lot of issues.

Despite the frustrating experience, I would certainly play it again... modded of course... heavily modded !

Offline Talyn82

• Antediluvian
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2021, 06:57:01 AM »
I played this game ages ago and remember enjoying it.  Never got to finish it though, made it all the way to modern times.  I never got to know Christof's and Anezka's fates.
Vae Victus! -Kain

Offline Barabbah

• Antediluvian
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2021, 09:44:22 AM »
Never got to finish it though, made it all the way to modern times.  I never got to know Christof's and Anezka's fates.
Spoiler for Hiden:

"Some quotations," said Zellaby, "are greatly improved by lack of context."
― John Wyndham, The Midwich Cuckoos
"fuck the hole in the face"
― me

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal