collapse

Author Topic: Can't Play - Cursor flies off the screen  (Read 320 times)

Offline timberwolf

• Fledgling
Can't Play - Cursor flies off the screen
« on: February 10, 2019, 10:43:34 PM »
Can anyone help?

It starts up fine...goes to main menu and then the cursor literally flies off the screen and I have no way of selecting anything. This happens each and I every time I try to run the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVpaIDylrww

Offline Signothorn

• God Hates Fangs
  • Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
Re: Can't Play - Cursor flies off the screen
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2019, 11:01:03 PM »
What (if any) mods are you using?

Offline timberwolf

• Fledgling
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2019, 11:09:17 PM »
Short on time at the moment but here's a link of the same topic I posted on steam....will give you an idea of some of the stuff I've tried already with no luck...a friend suggested I try posting here. Sort of a last ditch effort before I completely abandon the game..and just go back to playing bloodlines....or vampyr.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/2600/discussions/0/1733217528122058918/

Offline Signothorn

• God Hates Fangs
  • Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2019, 01:03:41 AM »
I'm on my 2nd playthrough of Vampyr right now, love it. Anyway, my guess is also that it's either a resolution or scaling issue, but most likely the widescreen fix not working correctly on your machine. I'm afraid the only way I can think of fixing this is to not only uninstall the game, but to also delete any remaining content left in the directory, then reinstall. If you simply uninstall, parts of the widescreen fix may still be in the directory. Then you can reinstall the game without the widescreen fix. If one part of the widescreen fix is left in the directory after uninstalling, it can cause this issue.

The game engine camera and mouse actions go nuts when it doesn't like many things, as it did during my tutorial for the reshade. If you were in game when you filmed the mouse in the menu, the camera would have gone crazy, because the mouse directs it. It will do this if I were to remote into my computer with Teamviewer to play remotely from another computer too. Other than crashing, this is the game's way of spitting out a mod or custom settings like a bad liver transplant. It will do the same using Steam overlay, but closing the overlay stops the issue.

If you do a clean install with nothing left in that folder at all, I think (well I hope) that problem will be resolved. Just launch the vanilla version of the game first, no widescreen fix or dgvoodoo, then add dgvoodoo, and test again. If that's all clear, you can try widescreen again if you wish. I hope this helps, I know the game can be very finicky. 

PS. Never under any circumstances use the 1.2 unofficial patch for Redemption. It was intended to fix something in multiplayer, but wasn't even the solution to the problem. We keep it hosted at PlanetVampire for historical purposes, but didn't know patches-scrolls also decided to host it lol.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2019, 01:27:54 AM by Signothorn »

Offline Nanaloma

• Antediluvian
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2019, 03:31:56 AM »
This isn't related to the original post but ----  did Vampyr ever get that upgrade that de-emphasized combat for story? 

Offline Signothorn

• God Hates Fangs
  • Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2019, 04:41:15 AM »
This isn't related to the original post but ----  did Vampyr ever get that upgrade that de-emphasized combat for story?

Not that I can tell, seems no different now than when I bought it just after launch.

Offline Nanaloma

• Antediluvian
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2019, 03:37:49 AM »
Thanks; I'm more of a story person but it looks quite good anyway.  Besides, I like Redemption and it's all combat  :) . 

Offline Signothorn

• God Hates Fangs
  • Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2019, 04:28:11 AM »
Thanks; I'm more of a story person but it looks quite good anyway.  Besides, I like Redemption and it's all combat  :) .

Yeah, decent comparison. The story and choices are actually pretty close to what you'd expect from an old school Bioware game, it's great. There is a lot of repetitive combat throughout though. Enemies too often respawn the next night after you've cleared them, but it doesn't detract too much from the great story.

Offline timberwolf

• Fledgling
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2019, 11:30:59 PM »
I think I DID uninstal the game but will try giving it another shot....forget which patch I installed lol...might have been the one you said not to. I haven't even got into the game yet to even tr anything  :(   Can't get past that title screen.

Re the question that was asked of vampyr they DID do an update. There is now 3 possible ways to play the game. The 'normal' original game setting a story mode which from the brief bit I played on it just makes all the enemies a LOT easier and the other setting (forgot what it's called) basically gives even LESS exp than normal and makes the game harder.

I just finished that game myself and did also enjoy it  :D which is partly why thought would go back to trying to run THIS game...but if can't get it runnign may just have to stick with bloodlines...weird though that can't get this one to work.

Hopefully I will have more time to play around with the game this weekend and *fingers crossed* get it working....tomorrow will be a busy day though so we will see...

Will let you know what happens when I get a chance to try this and thanks for your replies  :D
« Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 11:36:07 PM by timberwolf »

Offline Nanaloma

• Antediluvian
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2019, 01:51:08 AM »
If you do get it running, I do highly recommend loading up whatever the latest AoR mod is.  It sticks to the story and a lot of it is optional or can be set (like, I believe, the spawn rate).  It's worth it just for the better use of blood by your companions. 

Offline timberwolf

• Fledgling
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2019, 11:14:34 PM »
Finally had a chance to do a complete uninstall and reinstall. Added nothing...and have same results....cursor just zips off the screen   :(

Offline timberwolf

• Fledgling
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2019, 05:45:45 PM »
Anything else I can try?  Or maybe I should just give up....stick to playing bloodlines and vampyr