Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Off Topic / Re: Sonny Toussaint Kindred: the Embraced
« Last post by Raving_Neonate on May 15, 2018, 01:50:50 PM »
I think that here is the keyword: "compromise", made in both places where it should have been and where it should have not been done.
I am not bothered by the sunlight thing at all - I mean it is important, but I can understand why they did what they did. However, the one thing I find perplexing is the scope of the show or if you rather the scope of a single episode as such: to fit in the larger portions of the lore with the look at the characters as individuals in their own right is a hard thing to do. Within the eight episodes of the 1st season a lot has been put in if you would write it down on the paper: the jyhad, clans, characters, fragments of past, contemplation about the nature of death etc. It would have been much more beneficial to have started on a bit more smaller scale, but maybe the producers would have liked to expand on the given universe in the second season but for the already known reasons we will be denied of that speculation.
Bloodlines Games General Discussion / Re: Favorite Quest and Why
« Last post by Raving_Neonate on May 15, 2018, 01:27:19 PM »
Let's get back on track.
Does anyone have any impressions to share regarding the quests given by Mr.Ox?
In my opinion, they are certainly original... maybe the rewards are too generous for a simple retrieval or implantation, but heck, the bonuses are sure handy.
Bloodlines Games General Discussion / Re: Multiplayer Plot/Mechanics?
« Last post by Raving_Neonate on May 15, 2018, 01:20:58 PM »
I absolutely agree, I never liked the "kill-switch" phenomenon in the first place, especially if it had been coerced from the very beginning of the set scenario/story. With H.P. Lovecraft, you pretty much know what to expect: supernatural terror that you can do nothing about, despair everywhere around, solitude in terror and all of it told from a narrator that is either insane or will commit suicide upon the completion of his story. In fact, the timer ruined my last game of vampire to the point of me not wanting to roleplay anymore, so I only either play Bloodlines or Redemption to get my "fix" of WoD.

I think that ShadowMan is right, I do owe a bit more detailed answer on the hunter issue. What am I certain of is that a single game could not possibly offer a player to chose to play as either a hunter or kindred and still deliver a quality punch. There are many out there that want to play with, let's assume, a werewolf, ghost, changeling or a mage... to cut those people out would also seem unfair. For a decent start that would please more than push away, I would recommend developing a game solely devoted to roleplaying a certain being from the lore like kindred (they come off as a sort of an iconic race of WoD so it would be a good start) with an addition of werewolves and ghosts. Let the other races/beings come as DLC-s or in that manner to build up on the game as time progresses. However, the most challenging part of a creation of such a project would be certainly quests and the process of aligning them to the lore: I mean, what would a werewolf typically "quest for" as well as a ghost? Kindred and mages are more or less manageable in that regard, but the above mentioned are a bit vague.

Also, one more thing. The hunter games are not in ample supply as it would seem at first glance: the only true hunter game in my opinion would be the "Incredible adventures of Van Helsing" that actually has a trophy system and a bestiary of note. The market is apparently not flexible enough to accept it... the opportunities for quality storytelling would be awesome.
Bloodlines Games General Discussion / Re: Extension of the Favorite Quest
« Last post by Raving_Neonate on May 15, 2018, 12:56:22 PM »
And "Carnival of Death" takes the lead by a single vote... thought that "LaCroix Must Die!" would at least get a single vote with its flamboyant action and a Hollywood finish, but sadly no.  :chinscratch:
Off Topic / Re: "Diablerie" a vampire the masquerade fangame
« Last post by lhide on May 15, 2018, 04:11:29 AM »
This is frankly amazing and quite heartening to see.
I hope for the love of god Paradox doesn't slap ya with a C&D, and I look forward very eagerly to whatever you post next.

Just one question: How many clans?
Thanks Mamita, maybe with some help Paradox will even greenlight us, who knows?
As of now the game will feature the same clans from bloodlines,(i've posted a picture of the clan selection screen earlier in the thread) because i'm using how they build their code to concept things like disciplines and such, but maybe more will be added later.

Next video will be a discipline showcase. Take at look at how i've set the hacking/character sheet interaction:
link: https://youtu.be /N7ZasTfgX1s    (delete the spaces)

Apparently I have been summoned here. From what I see, things are looking quite promising!

Project Vaulderie was always a Unity project. Only Resurgence was on Source and briefly on UDK. But since I know my ways around Unity the most, I'm sure joining forces would bring this project forth a lot faster. So consider this as me being very interested in helping.

Nice use of ProBuilder. It's really helpful to prototype and create placeholder assets fast. Oh and I appreciate what I see on the screen there. ;)

Hi atrblizzard, the virgin sacrifices and sigils seems to have finally worked! :cometome:
The easter egg on the screen was meant for quite a few people and you are one of them, so thanks for noticing.

Let me know what needs to be done. You could add me over Steam or Discord.  :rock:

It is my great pleasure and honor to welcome you to the team atrblizzard and darkgodslair, so here are my profiles so we can discuss it further:

Steam: steamcommunity.com/id/luanmakeshahas
Discord: lhide #1599

And here is another video to showcase the armor prefabs:
Link: https://youtu.be /K3aedjZOyGE  (delete the spaces)
« Last post by deicide on May 15, 2018, 03:46:20 AM »
...a refreshing change of pace from the masquerade mechanic and the struggles against the beast, especially the redundant OP principle of inevitable degradation of humanity in a vampire.
Is it neccessary to go as far as playing a hunter just for that? The campaign could easily be about anynthing else than humanity loss and all... In fact, I consider making "the obligatory succumbing to the Beast in the end" the focus point of a story a bad taste and the sign of incompetent ST. Just change the mechanics, make checks sparingly or dump them at all and focus or RP, problem solved.
VtM, as seditious as it may sound, is not a survival horror game like The Call of Cthulhu, it's a game about politics and intrigue in gothic horror setting. Sure, it includes similar mechanics of Path rating, but latter serves an auxiliary role of character development meter rather than a bomb timer.
« Last post by deicide on May 15, 2018, 01:45:34 AM »
There was no reason for the Police detective, if anything he was just a nuisance, but as far as I can work out Americans are obsessed with cop shows for some reason so I guess that explains that.
Cops and fags / Make good-looking models (c). Should apologize for quoting a top notch one, but just couldn't resist.
« Last post by The Shadow Man on May 15, 2018, 12:36:43 AM »
Well Raving Neonate your answer doesn't really address hunters, all it does is say what you don't like about VTM and there are other game-lines in the World of Darkness other than the Masquerade and the Reckoning. There are lots of games you can play the Monster Hunter but in World of Darkness its about playing the Monster, its as simple as that, that's literally the premise. Being the Monster dosen't necerasily mean completely Monstrous but it means your Dracula not Van Helsing, a Demon not an Angel etc.
« Last post by The Shadow Man on May 15, 2018, 12:28:30 AM »
Well it was a bit soap opera-y to start with, thankfully it became less so as it went along. Some more moral ambiguity would have been appreciated.

The whole Clan wars bit kinda fell flat because as you said most of the Clans didn't have much in the way of identity nor the right identity. The Nosfeartu primogen Daedalus really stands out, though if he looked more disfigured/inhuman that would have made his great performance more convincing.

There was no reason for the Police detective, if anything he was just a nuisance, but as far as I can work out Americans are obsessed with cop shows for some reason so I guess that explains that. The whole supernatural cop combo works much better in Lucifer but then again Frank isn't in the vampire world, he's just an outsider complaining about it and winning about the law.

The whole sunlight thing bothers, ok letting vampires go out in sunlight is fine but then using it as an excuse to kill them sometimes? I know they couldn't always do night shoots because of money but the excuse being that blood protects them is just lazy and implies they don't really have to feed which is naff.
Off Topic / Re: "Diablerie" a vampire the masquerade fangame
« Last post by atrblizzard on May 13, 2018, 09:47:04 PM »
Apparently I have been summoned here. From what I see, things are looking quite promising!

Either that, or it is some kind of spam protection and user can only post links like that after they were around for some time here. Anyway, it looks cool, but here comes the usual warning: already the menu looks quite close to Bloodlines which is copyrighted by Activision as the whole WoD is by White Wolf. So unless you cleared your game with them, sooner or later a C&D might get to you, as happened with Project Vaulderie. Read more in the thread below yours, or at least join forces with them ;)...

As long as you are using Bloodlines as a placeholder or inspiration, it should be fine. Bloodlines is more Activision's gig than White Wolf, but for a new WoD game you should definitely clear it out with them, but they are really cool about things, and I'm certain they would be glad to hear about it.

Okay, I didn't know this. Project Vaulderie was started on Unity too, so you should talk with atrblizzard, whom you can PM here, about it! He actually got to talk with WW about making a new WoD game, but it never went anywhere. Maybe you could join forces and create something new together?

Project Vaulderie was always a Unity project. Only Resurgence was on Source and briefly on UDK. But since I know my ways around Unity the most, I'm sure joining forces would bring this project forth a lot faster. So consider this as me being very interested in helping.

Here is an update to quench your thirst:

Nice use of ProBuilder. It's really helpful to prototype and create placeholder assets fast. Oh and I appreciate what I see on the screen there. ;)

Let me know what needs to be done. You could add me over Steam or Discord.  :rock:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]