Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Bloodlines Modding / Re: World War 2 Mod
« Last post by argikt on November 14, 2018, 12:59:28 PM »
Hi guys!

Berlin (last hub in the ww2) won't be present on next release but I would like to add animated traffic too, not cars like Zurich, this time will be a classic trolley car...
Bloodlines Modding / Re: [WIP] X20 Mod
« Last post by Wesp5 on November 14, 2018, 12:44:23 PM »
Higher resolution deck cam display on the Elizabeth Dane. These are 4x the resolution of the originals.

This sounds as if it could be something for the patch! I can probably move the sarcophagus camera myself, but how do you manage to do higher resolution images? Would this be possible for all in-game cameras?
Bloodlines Modding / Re: Clan Quest Mod
« Last post by Barabbah on November 14, 2018, 12:28:56 PM »
Have you tried extract the .mdl and .vtx files of the last armor and copy it on the directories of the other and renaming those copies as the armors?
Bloodlines Modding / Re: Clan Quest Mod
« Last post by SatelliteSkin on November 14, 2018, 10:52:21 AM »
Awesome mod, it breathes fresh air into the late-game for sure. Thank you sincerely for your work!

I have a question about clandoc000.txt for CQM, it doesn't seem to work for me and I'm wondering if I'm the only one. For example, I'd like to have it so that the last Gangrel armour model is used regardless of the armour currently equipped, so I did something like this:

"M_Body0"      "models/character/pc/male/gangrel/armor_3/Gangrel_Male_Armor_3.mdl"
         "M_Body1"      "models/character/pc/male/gangrel/armor_3/Gangrel_Male_Armor_3.mdl"
         "M_Body2"      "models/character/pc/male/gangrel/armor_3/Gangrel_Male_Armor_3.mdl"
[...]
         "F_Body0"      "models/character/pc/female/gangrel/armor3/Gangrel_female_Armor_3mdl"
         "F_Body1"      "models/character/pc/female/gangrel/armor3/Gangrel_female_Armor_3.mdl"
         "F_Body2"      "models/character/pc/female/gangrel/armor3/Gangrel_female_Armor_3.mdl"

Unfortunately, it doesn't work, and the gangrel look to have their original armor0 on character creation. I tried other things, like model swapping (through clandoc), without success. My initial thought is that CQM somehow uses some archived clandoc.txt and not the one in CQM/vdata/system, but perhaps some members have had no issue with their CQM clandoc? I'm using the GOG version if that is of any use. Any help would be much appreciated!
Bloodlines Modding / Re: [WIP] X20 Mod
« Last post by IanW on November 14, 2018, 10:02:49 AM »
As part of 0.10, I'm throwing in something that people have long been asking for: Higher resolution deck cam display on the Elizabeth Dane. These are 4x the resolution of the originals.

Camera 1 and Camera 2 are matched to the original views. Camera 3 (the Sarcophagus) was far enough away from the camera that, even in high resolution, you still couldn't tell what was going on. So I moved to a new angle that places the Sarcophagus a lot closer, so you can actually see the Sarcophagus in enough detail to plausibly report back to the prince.

(Attached screenshot is test footage; I'll probably add faint scan lines for the final release.)
Bloodlines German Board / Re: Inoffizieller Fanpatch 10.0 erschienen
« Last post by Wesp5 on November 14, 2018, 09:57:00 AM »
Blöd gefragt könnte Chunk nicht wie Ash beispielsweise verschwinden?

Ash braucht zur Flucht in der Society fünf Scripted Sequences und hat den Vorteil, dass er nicht sichtbar verschwinden muss! Das wäre mir für Chunk einfach viel zuviel Aufwand...

Ach ja das erinnert mich an was. Ist es normal das die normalen/namenlosen NPCs im Giovanni Anwesen respawnen, wenn man sie getötet hat und das wieder verlässt und dann wieder neubetritt?

Ja, das wird gehandhabt, wie in den Clubs, wo auch immer alle zurück kommen. Ich könnte das aber für das Anwesen ändern, weil es kein öffentlicher Ort ist. Sollte ich das machen?
Bloodlines Tech Support / Re: Poster Session / Tap Hotel Issue
« Last post by IanW on November 14, 2018, 08:17:46 AM »

I am not sure that Troika followed that strictly WoD lore. By the time of VTMB the only survived Sabbat Tremere are Telyavs nevertheless one you met is well versed in Lure of Flames. It seems to me that they also mixed somehow Masquerade and Requiem - after all they had a Requiem consultant.

Justin Achilli was developer of Vampire: The Masquerade, and everyone was aware that the new Vampire game, Vampire: The Requiem, would be out by the time Bloodlines was released, so they mentioned his role in that as well. But there's nothing about Requiem's setting which was adapted for us in Bloodlines.

This brings into mind Bruno with his Celerity.

Any vampire as old as Bruno Giovanni is would likely have learned other Disciplines. Very few elder vampires stick to their clan's three default Disciplines.

Clan Disciplines define what you start with and what's easiest to learn, but it's not a limitation. Anyone can learn any Discipline, provided they have a teacher.

Yes, I missed the date of the publication but Bonsam fits so perfectly to the Sheriff as Troika predicted the invention of the bloodline decade earlier except that the Sheriff has Fortitude Level 5 which could be explained quite easily or points towards Akunanse.

Possible explanation for the choice of the Sheriff 'clan' is that Akunanse was synonymous with "Laibon" among Cainites prior to the appearance of the Bonsam but they modified the clan like the most enemies clans outside Camarilla 7 clans.

You're free to headcanon whatever you like, of course, but the Sheriff is intended to be a Nagloper.
Bloodlines Modding / Re: VTM: The Final Nights (Team Camarilla International)
« Last post by Zer0Morph on November 14, 2018, 07:17:43 AM »
It really just depends on what kind of kindred you want to play. Each Feat (except for Intimidate) can be a viable base to build your character around. Each Feat has it's own special ability attached to it that gives you some sort of incentive to master. With XP being limited, you will probably only be able to level up 1 (maybe 2) feats to 10, and 1 or 2 disciplines to 5. The game manual goes into deep detail of each Feat and is a good source for min/maxing.
Bloodlines Modding / Re: VTM: The Final Nights (Team Camarilla International)
« Last post by ArchmageJoda on November 14, 2018, 07:00:34 AM »
I kinda figured it'd be something like that if at all, but didn't think it'd hurt to ask. That said, while I'm slowly watching your Let's Play of TFN 1.5 as an Assamite to look for tips and whatnot, is there any advice you could share with me here for character creation? I'm still too used to building in regards to the OG or Clan Quest Mod...
Bloodlines Tech Support / Re: Poster Session / Tap Hotel Issue
« Last post by Pumma on November 14, 2018, 05:41:23 AM »
Please, don't change the warform for the enemies on the Venture Tower roof - it's make sense how it is and is based on this:

This is the true form of Bonsam: https://whitewolf.fandom.com/wiki/Bonsam

The Sheriff is not a Bonsam. The Bonsam are all long, long gone by the time of Bloodlines. They've been gone for several centuries.

I am not sure that Troika followed that strictly WoD lore. By the time of VTMB the only survived Sabbat Tremere are Telyavs nevertheless one you met is well versed in Lure of Flames. It seems to me that they also mixed somehow Masquerade and Requiem - after all they had a Requiem consultant. This brings into mind Bruno with his Celerity.

Also, we didn't even invent the Bonsam until a decade after Bloodlines had come out, so it was certainly not Troika's intent.

Yes, I missed the date of the publication but Bonsam fits so perfectly to the Sheriff as Troika predicted the invention of the bloodline decade earlier except that the Sheriff has Fortitude Level 5 which could be explained quite easily or points towards Akunanse.

Possible explanation for the choice of the Sheriff 'clan' is that Akunanse was synonymous with "Laibon" among Cainites prior to the appearance of the Bonsam but they modified the clan like the most enemies clans outside Camarilla 7 clans.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10