Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Is the AoR patch just a exe file that you download and execute or is it more complicated than that to install?
Bloodlines Games General Discussion / Re: Jack as a Sabbath
« Last post by Nanaloma on May 22, 2018, 01:26:07 AM »
I might have missed something but it seems to me that Jack simply trusted "Samuel" who himself was insane after being locked in a cave with Caine in Turkey.  Everything thing this Nossie did, once a close friend of Beckett, was to frame Becket (he killed Victoria Ash too) who he thought took his good time in getting him out of the cave.  In game terms, Jack was sneak killed. 
Bloodlines Tech Support / Re: Unofficial Patch 10.0 released!
« Last post by Wesp5 on May 21, 2018, 10:18:33 PM »
One odd thing I've noticed from the last couple of version of the patch -- it may go back further but I only noticed it recently -- sometimes it won't register a mouse click by itself, but if you're moving the mouse and clicking, then it registers.

That's the Windows 10 issue that the file I mentioned above should fix!
« Last post by IanW on May 21, 2018, 08:17:30 PM »
One odd thing I've noticed from the last couple of version of the patch -- it may go back further but I only noticed it recently -- sometimes it won't register a mouse click by itself, but if you're moving the mouse and clicking, then it registers.

So navigating the world isn't necessarily a problem because you're moving the mouse all over, but clicking dialogue boxes and such might be, because the mouse tends to be more stationary.
« Last post by deicide on May 21, 2018, 05:55:26 PM »
It could have felt less awkward if his death was the part of some scheme considering he was going to die either way. I'm sure he'd sold his unlife dearly. Wouldn't make the novel any better though.
Discussing that BS is as pointless as puzzling over Spellplague I've mentioned, since the only explanation is beyond the fourth wall, the devs who wanted to sell the whole book set all over again.
« Last post by Wesp5 on May 21, 2018, 05:30:48 PM »
Anyway, yes I am using Windows 10... so I guess that it is it then.

Check out dinput8.dll and the description in the Patch_Extras/Player Mods folder. Maybe it will help...
« Last post by Raving_Neonate on May 21, 2018, 03:09:06 PM »
Jack let himself be killed...

That's the problem right here. Jack would never do that, for whatever reason! Letting himself be killed without a fight...

That's also a tough sell for me too.
Jack doesn't seem like an altruistic vampire or he is partially if there is something to be gained - even in Bloodlines he tutors the fledgling to fulfill his grand plan of derailing LaCroix's plan for domination via the sarcophagus... not out of the goodness of his heart or as a result of a similar sentiment.
The claim that he let himself be killed is pretty much anticlimactic and ridiculously contradicts his character and theme of anarchy unbound.
« Last post by Raving_Neonate on May 21, 2018, 02:38:29 PM »
When I began playing the newest 10.0 UP+ with a Ventrue, I get enormous amounts of delay between me clicking to continue when the tutorial instructions pop up and the window actually disappearing.

I never heard that before. Are you on Windows 10? Because this is known to have some input issues...

I know, it was really strange indeed: says "left click to continue" and then lag... the pop up remained frozen for the mentioned period about a minute.
Anyway, yes I am using Windows 10... so I guess that it is it then. I'll try compatibility modes, maybe it will work. Thx for the advice.
« Last post by Wesp5 on May 21, 2018, 02:34:43 PM »
Jack let himself be killed...

That's the problem right here. Jack would never do that, for whatever reason! Letting himself be killed without a fight...
« Last post by Wesp5 on May 21, 2018, 02:33:03 PM »
When I began playing the newest 10.0 UP+ with a Ventrue, I get enormous amounts of delay between me clicking to continue when the tutorial instructions pop up and the window actually disappearing.

I never heard that before. Are you on Windows 10? Because this is known to have some input issues...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10