Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Bloodlines Modding / Re: Icicle's MOON MOD Thread.
« Last post by Malkav on Today at 02:22:20 PM »
Be careful with the exorcist. Either it's a fraud and you lost your money for nothing, or every last bit of Microsoft software will be gone...
« Last post by Icicle-Baphomet on Today at 12:02:27 PM »
I don't care about derailing this thread, it would have to be a mod that cared. This is a long spammy thread deliberately so I don't create 10,000 tiny threads in its place.

What PsychoA probably means is:

1- There's a fullscreen where it stretches and FILLS your entire screen no matter what (loses aspect ratio)

2- There's a fullscreen where it doesn't stretch because you pick an intended resolution for your screen (keeps aspect ratio)

You want option 2, for obvious reasons, unless you just don't care.

So yeah, just keep picking a slightly wider resolution in Width but keep the Height the same.  (This will stretch it over the black bars, which are only there because there's not enough pixels being sent to the screen to fill it up, from the resolution being too low in terms of width.)

Oh I see, ok I get it, I do have tendency to make assumptions so apologies for that. Well regardless I tried it and it didn't seem to do any good.

This is a weird problem for sure.

Best advice I can give at this point is try other combinations of height and width resolutions.

If your:
- graphics card driver is up to date
- monitor/screen driver is up to date (yes even this, it alerts your computer to the specs of your monitor, in most cases this doesn't matter but some monitors are weird and need this)
- not using any integrated utilities while testing (such as video recording software or a graphics card driver's software suite)
- make sure any driver software suites, even if they can't be turned off, are set to all defaults

...then...

You shouldn't be having any problems. So hire an exorcist or maybe reinstall Windows at your own peril, jk
Off Topic / Re: Hey antediluvians and such!
« Last post by Oscar on October 21, 2017, 10:12:46 PM »
Sorry, can't remember if you had previous alias?
Bloodlines Tech Support / Re: Gay intro and other stuff
« Last post by Acleacius on October 21, 2017, 07:54:05 PM »
 You said you wanted to do the erotic sounds, so I mentioned just finding a sound file of both gay groups male/female with same sex, this would be to replace the ingame acting. Secondly, I mentioned this is how I fixed Jeanette's sex scene with my mod.

These are the only two things I talked about, doesn't seem confusing to me, but don't you think you could be more specific? Or are you just confused about where to find gay erotic sound files or how to replace, it's just extremely vague.
« Last post by The Shadow Man on October 21, 2017, 03:25:14 PM »
I don't care about derailing this thread, it would have to be a mod that cared. This is a long spammy thread deliberately so I don't create 10,000 tiny threads in its place.

1- There's a fullscreen where it stretches and FILLS your entire screen no matter what (loses aspect ratio)

2- There's a fullscreen where it doesn't stretch because you pick an intended resolution for your screen (keeps aspect ratio)

So yeah, just keep picking a slightly wider resolution in Width but keep the Height the same.  (This will stretch it over the black bars, which are only there because there's not enough pixels being sent to the screen to fill it up, from the resolution being too low in terms of width.)

Oh I see, ok I get it, I do have tendency to make assumptions so apologies for that. Well regardless I tried it and it didn't seem to do any good.
« Last post by Icicle-Baphomet on October 21, 2017, 02:19:27 PM »

« Last post by The Shadow Man on October 21, 2017, 01:45:16 PM »
Now I haven't thought of that. Ok changing the resolution on the options in game did help a little, its almost full screen but not entirely, there's still a strip of black at each size though it is more or less there.  Thanks for the help there. I appear to have derailed the threat a little apologies for that.
Just use "ScreenWindowedOn/Off.reg" files inside the Ptch_Extras/Player Mods/ of Unofficial patch setup. This toggles window state of game.
Or add -sw command line to game launch shortcut/batch for making it windowed, or -full to get it fullscreen.

Tried both. Like I said its fullscreen just not widescreen, these seemed to be aimed at making it fullscreen. Its fullscreen but not widescreen.
« Last post by Psycho-A on October 21, 2017, 09:34:21 AM »
Now I haven't thought of that. Ok changing the resolution on the options in game did help a little, its almost full screen but not entirely, there's still a strip of black at each size though it is more or less there.  Thanks for the help there. I appear to have derailed the threat a little apologies for that.
Just use "ScreenWindowedOn/Off.reg" files inside the Ptch_Extras/Player Mods/ of Unofficial patch setup. This toggles window state of game.
Or add -sw command line to game launch shortcut/batch for making it windowed, or -full to get it fullscreen.
I'm currently playing a Clan quest mod Malk with removed auspex, bloodbuff and bloodheal and added obfuscate (or malks do already have it?), celerity and fortitute. I'm also modding the Regent.dlg file to allow the Tremere haven when it's time (the apartment haven is tiresome to get to and quite often broken until restart of the game exec), and i changed vampire.py hunter spawn to always span max hunters when possible (by spoofing the 'number of broken masquerades' number without actually risking a cutscene death). Hunters make traveling in hubs... 'interesting' and are a reliable farm of money, which i use for... my 'college' mod variation, taken out from camarilla edition.

Auspex is a pretty boring discipline in-game, even if useful. And it combines badly with obfuscate into a horrible mess of shader effects (they actually cause LCD 'burn' - only it's not really lcd burn, just the illusion of it).

Bloodheal and Bloodbuff I'm convinced are the 'cheating' powers (along with obfuscate ofc) and shouldn't even be in the game imo - even if it's true to tabletop, i don't give a damn. Bloodbuff and Auspex trivialize computer and lockpick checks respectively and remove a significant part of the quest traveling salesman metagame. They aren't even needed.

I kind of regret getting obfuscate sorta (not removing it because xp investment and it feels like 'extreme' cheating to redistribute xp). I had gotten it to listen to the - many - unique dialog of guards in hubs that gets disabled if combat is triggered or if you savescum, but the combination of malk voices + obfuscate sound effects/voices and vomit shader filter make this not very enjoyable. Plus, CQM makes sure obfuscate isn't a god discipline later on by giving most vamps auspex, so it's even more trouble than its worth on the final maps.

Ventrue, Malkavian and Tremere (to a lesser degree) get custom dialog options not only dialog reactions (you can add Nosferatu to the high number of 'dialog' reactions).

But the ventrue dominate dialogs are usually pretty boring and most times lead to the same response as high persuasion. Tremere get screwed over on max physical stats and dominate dialogs - max check dominate 1 - (though dominate 5 on CQM is super powerful for mob management).

From this i concluded that i wanted (for my 20th replay or so) to get a Malk with 'extras'. Truth to tell this game is pretty much a dead horse to me, i occasionally beat a little on it to get a bit of minor enjoyment, just like fallout 2, but i'm pretty sure eventually i'll stop playing at all, unless there is a major mod release with new content.

I kind of lost hope for a meaningful revitalization with the shutdown of the fan-remake project. Now only through the greed of a publisher can the game get the technical base of the game be elevated to the point modular mods (as in 'multiple mods working on the same game session') be a possibility, not that i'm waiting holding my breath. Pretty sure if a remake was done by a publisher they'd manage to screw up the mechanics or xp balance even more than it already is and there is no guarantee at all it would be a better moding base than we already have.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10