Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Bloodlines Modding / Re: HD retexture project W.I.P. w/ normal mapping
« Last post by krispy on Today at 04:10:02 AM »
just have to adjust the window frame until I'm happy with it and redo the sink at least

I should be dropping a beta test version of this texture pack within 12 hours give or take the time it takes to pick someone up at Seatac airport and smoke a few joints.
Bloodlines Modding / Re: Clan Quest Mod
« Last post by deicide on July 16, 2018, 11:06:48 PM »
Bastardizing the past is a not uncommon. It is fairly understandable how a people who hold certain values so close to their hearts can try to implement those value systems on people long dead.
Like, the Germans should not shy away from Hitler just because he didn't succeed. The French do consider their Napoleon a national hero against all odds. Granted, he had gone down more gracefully and did less damage to his own country in the process.
If compared to that jealous paranoiac Stalin, who could not tolerate anything remotely more talented than himslelf, the first assembled an allstars team (which is quite a feat by itself) and his schemes before '38 were somewhat naive, yet courageous, daring and effective. And then the infamous breakdown followed by the freak show. Still, admirable effort in dragging his country out of the muck.
« Last post by Wesp5 on July 16, 2018, 10:43:19 PM »
was it silver or brass in vanilla?

I don't remember changing door knobs just because of their colour, but in some of the more recent patches I changed the inside knobs to fit to the outside ones wherever possible and this was probable a side result :)!
« Last post by MasterVampire on July 16, 2018, 10:18:15 PM »
Heater looks much better
« Last post by vampire_nonsense on July 16, 2018, 09:54:19 PM »
the doorknob from seemingly everywhere, almost finished redoing it.

I got to steal a getty images pic and remove their mark from it, which was actually pretty easy.

nice, I'm not the only one who does that :rofl:

anyone down to test a copy of the current version? a chance to give direct feedback that can influence the direction while getting a sneak peak at the stuff in playable form. Also looking for alignment issues and such.

I'm interested! I'll be giving as much time as I can spare to the boombox this week; I'd love to test it in this environment :D
I played a Gangrel a long time ago... I mostly picked him up due the awesome Protean, but once you are in the war form, the combat really gets clunky... near misses or wide swiping attacks that end up hitting the air. After the first, maybe second slash with your claws, just back away and start anew... no need going for the full combo since there is a hefty chance that yout third strike will be parried or broken in my opinion. Although, he can be an excellent tank, especially the Anda history.
Still Bertram favors the Cam, since it affords him protection - he did reference his sire and clan in that regard, but still in my opinion he serves as a world-introduction character more than anything else. He could be expanded upon with additional quests, pinpointing a bit more about his past and how his unlife came to be.
Jack, yeah, he is pretty much a loose cannon, working mostly to achieve his own ends that in my opinion happen to align with the ones that Anarchs cultivate... depose the Cam, seed chaos. That is why the cannon resolution of LA from the books that culminates with the Jenna Cross movement has some merit behind it, especially when Jack is concerned.
« Last post by krispy on July 16, 2018, 12:32:31 PM »
I think the new radiator turned out pretty believable. wasn't even planning to do it yet, then saw a pic with all the right parts to make layers to go with some other bits I had.

going all in to get this pack done ASAP.

« Last post by krispy on July 16, 2018, 08:42:24 AM »
glad I could be of some help by noticing the doorknob thing! :D I did notice the switch from silver to brass on 508's doorknob in the UP10.

Good call.

was it silver or brass in vanilla?

the texture path for the door in room 508 was pointing at wood/woodd where every other door frame has plaster/doora

mismatched textures in even the vanilla game bug me. oddly wood/woodd is the better fit for vanilla graphics but is only on 1 of the 4 doors.

posting a test version as soon as this window frame is lined up to my satisfaction.

no bugs that I know of or issues. just a straight up initial release of a texture pack.

so mod 1 of the set. next pack will have more models from here, more textures for the tutorial level, and most of the textures in the intro sequence.

working on the asylum too. but it's getting special treatment.
« Last post by Wesp5 on July 16, 2018, 08:32:27 AM »
Since I have to include the maps with bug fixes, I  fixed the texture path for the door frame in room 508 and adjusted the doorknobs to be in the same respective place on each door as they were quite inconsistent.

Okay, I have fixed the doorknobs for the UP as well now, but of course I won't touch the textures ;).
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10