Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Bloodlines Modding / Re: SDK Research
« Last post by thewarsend on Today at 02:51:50 pm »
As far as I remember he tried merging all SM maps which might have been too much in the end!

That's exactly what I mean. :)

Merging all SM maps would be way over the limit, but merging essential maps should still be possible, which is what I intend to do.

I will try to test how many of the SM maps we can merge together before issues appear. I am pretty sure exterior maps such as SM Hub, SM Pier, SM Beachhouse and Junkyard maps can be merged without any issues, but I need to test it further.
This was the patriarch Ravnos and he had fortitude, but he did not die from a nuclear strike, but burned out in the sun.
It turns out that one of the options would be to open the sarcophagus and leave it until sunrise. True, this prompted me to another idea, the essence of the Sabbat is the destruction of the patriarchs, they must open the sarcophagus and nothing else. That is, the option with the burning of the sarcophagus is also not suitable.
« Last post by Wesp5 on Today at 01:59:09 pm »
There is a limit for sure, but I believe you can't reach that limit just by combining SM Hub and SM Pier.
As far as I remember he tried merging all SM maps which might have been too much in the end!
а) Troika planned to make an ending for the Sabbath, but simply did not have time, so this is part of their concept.
This is what I figured out of only very few hints, but still all the assets around it would be not Troika.

b) But at least they are trying to destroy him, besides, as I understand it, the antediluvian is in torpor, so he may not have time to use fortitude and other disciplines. :cool:
I don't know much about antediluvians, but I remember that when one woke up, a whole continent was destroyed and some mages had to nuke him. I doubt just burning his coffin would do anything else than make him wake up annoyed! So dropping him into the ocean without waking him up seems like a reasonable solution...
No, it was covered by Oceans Of Slumber. Curious they called their cover "Solitude (A Candlemass)"
OH!  I thought Candlemass was the name of the band. :razz:
No, it's a Candlemass cover

@Barabbah:  Is that a cover of the Black Sabbath song by the same name?
Eh, it's a pity that the author of the mod is reluctant to give his developments, but I can understand him, this can close this question, but first I will answer your points.

а) Troika planned to make an ending for the Sabbath, but simply did not have time, so this is part of their concept.
b) But at least they are trying to destroy him, besides, as I understand it, the antediluvian is in torpor, so he may not have time to use fortitude and other disciplines. :cool:
« Last post by thewarsend on Today at 08:51:54 am »
Great work!  :funny:
Is there any info on SDK crashes caused by the lightning sprite? Superannoying.
Not on SDK (or not not?), but a similar problem: has anybody tried to extend BL engine limitations? When I tried to make an SM+pier unified map, at some point a piece of map simply failed to compile, it was absent in game. And reducing polygon count made it compile.

Thank you!

Since water doesn't work I never tested it fully, but I did try combining SM Hub, SM Pier and SM Beachhouse and compiling, seemingly without any visible issues. I did later add Diner and Junkyard maps as well, but never tried to compile as I know it would have taken ages.

Like I said, I didn't notice any issues, nothing seemed to be missing, but I never did test it fully.

As for other issues regarding crashes, I never looked into it. I have no idea what causes it.

This is about what atrblizzard told me when he tried to merge the SM maps for Project Vaulderie.

There is a limit for sure, but I believe you can't reach that limit just by combining SM Hub and SM Pier. I will need to test it further, but my compiled map seemed fine in game after combining a few maps together.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal