* Notice

Important notice: Currently emails from this forum are being automatically blocked by many email providers, claiming Planetvampire.com has a "low reputation". As such you may struggle to register and/or submit password reset requests. If you require help, please email admin@planetvampire.com for assistance. In the meantime we are continuing to work on this issue.

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
That's the point. Considering all, I'm not confident it will even be released without butchering the basic premises of the game.

And good that you understood what I wanted to say. English is not my first language. =)
Bloodlines Modding / Re: World War 2 Mod
« Last post by Soilie on Today at 05:04:59 am »
Here Ava this is my last one 5.3 version with all corrections --i'm not sure for Marion dlg....   Besides all is what i wanted to be...

LINK Here-----     https://ufile.io/1fuxw1fb
Can someone reupload file "SmallTalksforWarGames5.3.rar" please?
Nobody calls that a "proof of concept", baby.

Also I couldnt care less as long as the final game is good.

Bloodlines Modding / Re: HD textures - Overhaul project
« Last post by Wesp5 on September 24, 2022, 07:45:30 pm »
Wesp5, dude, come on... at this point I am starting to think you are not even reading..
No, it's probably more the case that I read so much that I keep forgetting stuff ;).
I am talking about the stuff that's already in the patch. Like the black monitor texture.
Ah, but I think this whole thread is about other things, especially dynamic NPCs.

I believe you stopped thinking of them as issues to begin with.
Could well be, because I am doing this too long. So please remind me of these!

Just not in Hammer, which is what I was talking about if you actually read my previous posts.
Okay, I got it. Still editing a map in any other way will still break all the saves which is bad.

And that's relevant how?
You claimed that nobody would be concerned with extra loading times for the sewers. Malkav and I think everybody will be pissed off when they play a Nosferatu and playing that clan is extra hazzle already in the first place :)!

I would still say that isn't the proper way to do it in this case.
I don't even know what Malkav has in mind. Malkav, can you elaborate? Is this only for hub NPCs?
You do realize NPC's are dynamic objects and you do not need to recompile the map to add bumpmaps to them. Same goes for every dynamic object.
Good, so a lot of the stuff that OmriKoresh is doing could be added without recompiling any maps.
« Last post by thewarsend on September 24, 2022, 07:00:31 pm »
Wesp5, dude, come on... at this point I am starting to think you are not even reading..

I don't think there are many unused textures left to restore and OmriKoresh is certainly talking about new HD textures of his.

I am talking about the stuff that's already in the patch. Like the black monitor texture. For example, I suggested just adding the second texture to the existing monitor file yet you wanted a new model file for it. That part of my comment had nothing to do with OmriKoresh's HD textures. Obviously.

What bugs and issues would these be? The outside layout not fitting to the inside, which nobody seems to notice anyway ;)?

Inside and outside layout not matching can be fixed using this, but that wasn't what I was talking about. If you seriously can't think of any issues related to hub maps, there is no point in talking about this. I believe you stopped thinking of them as issues to begin with.

Really? I thought I would need to basically edit all maps once to include this!

In a way, yes. Just not in Hammer, which is what I was talking about if you actually read my previous posts. This is to avoid breaking water in sewers.

Also, this was as a reply to other comments. You don't need to edit maps in hammer to do this.

I'm pretty sure almost everybody plays a Nosferatu at least once.

And that's relevant how?

I would prefer Malkav's way and I'm pretty sure he would write the scripts for OmriKoresh :)! Maybe for unused textures in the plus patch too?

You do you. I would still say that isn't the proper way to do it in this case.

As far as I know Malkav is right and Entspy just edits entities like VPKTools which breaks all the saves. Also it wouldn't help with bump maps...

You do realize NPC's are dynamic objects and you do not need to recompile the map to add bumpmaps to them. Same goes for every dynamic object.
Bloodlines Tech Support / Re: Unofficial Patch 11.3 has been released!
« Last post by Wesp5 on September 24, 2022, 03:12:27 pm »
I explained it better on the other thread about this, but what do you think moves the pony tail? It is connected to a bone, if it involves bones or animation you can't edit it. Because assuming it was rigged correctly, it was made this way.
Okay, I understand better now, but Norrwin managed to fix Flynn's ponytail just fine and it must also be connected to a bone.
« Last post by Wesp5 on September 24, 2022, 02:57:39 pm »
No, we talked about this, you just don't seem to remember it. What I suggested applies for some of the texture restorations and fixes you made. We are talking about things that are already in the patch, not new content.
I don't think there are many unused textures left to restore and OmriKoresh is certainly talking about new HD textures of his.

I find it strange you see no reason to do it at all, considering this would allow us to fix more bugs and improve a lot of issues.
What bugs and issues would these be? The outside layout not fitting to the inside, which nobody seems to notice anyway ;)?

Like I said, you neither need to edit the map nor need to use a script to do this.
Really? I thought I would need to basically edit all maps once to include this!

Like I said, most people never even play as Nosferatu.
I'm pretty sure almost everybody plays a Nosferatu at least once.

This isn't the best workaround, but it is the only one we got at the moment.
I would prefer Malkav's way and I'm pretty sure he would write the scripts for OmriKoresh :)! Maybe for unused textures in the plus patch too?

I thought Entspy didn't break saves or anything like that.
As far as I know Malkav is right and Entspy just edits entities like VPKTools which breaks all the saves. Also it wouldn't help with bump maps...
Bloodlines Tech Support / Re: Unofficial Patch 11.3 has been released!
« Last post by thewarsend on September 24, 2022, 02:47:07 pm »
It's not necessary to edit animations, for the female hunter e.g. it would be enough if her pony tail would stick out more from her head or higher up, like e.g. that of Flynn. I don't know if that works with the inquisitors sword though, but it would be cool if you tried!

I explained it better on the other thread about this, but what do you think moves the pony tail? It is connected to a bone, if it involves bones or animation you can't edit it. Because assuming it was rigged correctly, it was made this way. (Before when I said animation, I was truly refering to the movement of bones, my mistake. I should have explained it better.)

There is a trick that I could use, but it would not be the proper way to do it. It works well enough with objects that's supposed to be solid, but with a pony tail, it probably will not look nice. I will try it and let you know.
« Last post by thewarsend on September 24, 2022, 12:16:33 pm »
Not only that, it would clearly go into the mod territory to add new custom made skins or HD textures. I already got flak enough with my restorations so that I had to create the basic patch!
No, we talked about this, you just don't seem to remember it. What I suggested applies for some of the texture restorations and fixes you made. We are talking about things that are already in the patch, not new content.

That should work, but would mean a lot more loading screens, especially for the Nosferatu, so for now I see no reason to do it.
True, but most people never even play Nosferatu. And even for those who do, load times are not much of a problem on the modern systems.
I find it strange you see no reason to do it at all, considering this would allow us to fix more bugs and improve a lot of issues.

For now I would suggest to go with Malkav's idea to use scripts to swap NPCs. This could be a mod on top of the UP like the X20 mod!
Like I said, you neither need to edit the map nor need to use a script to do this. Not everyone is script savy. Lets suggest the best method first.

I could live with separating the hub maps into "street" and "sewer" if I play a "normal" character, but as soon as I play a Nossie or someone who has frequent runins with the police and wants to hide I'd hate it.
Like I said, most people never even play as Nosferatu. This isn't the best workaround, but it is the only one we got at the moment. Considering the things this would allow us to do, some additional load times is a small sacrifice to make if you ask me.

Concerning modeltools and Entspy; if I'm not mistaken Entspy works similar to vpk-tools or VTMBedit. So you still have to edit the map even if you don't compile. That means a player can't install or update the texture mod without having to start a new campaign.Okay using a script is kind of an ugly hack, but maintenence and integration into other mods is easier. And you can use a script to randomize the people in the hubs and clubs.
Main problem I considered was recompling the maps, which would break water in the map. I thought Entspy didn't break saves or anything like that. Either way, it is easier to do, so I would go with what I suggested.
« Last post by Malkav on September 24, 2022, 11:13:45 am »
I could live with separating the hub maps into "street" and "sewer" if I play a "normal" character, but as soon as I play a Nossie or someone who has frequent runins with the police and wants to hide I'd hate it.

Concerning modeltools and Entspy; if I'm not mistaken Entspy works similar to vpk-tools or VTMBedit. So you still have to edit the map even if you don't compile. That means a player can't install or update the texture mod without having to start a new campaign.
Okay using a script is kind of an ugly hack, but maintenence and integration into other mods is easier. And you can use a script to randomize the people in the hubs and clubs.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal