Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Bloodlines Modding / Re: An unnecessarily looong cutscene...
« Last post by The Shadow Man on Today at 12:33:48 AM »
I got to say I love the idea of an actual 'title sequence' for the Prelude like IanW's suggestion
« Last post by IanW on December 17, 2017, 11:41:36 PM »
One idea: While Bloodlines had an intro sequence, it didn't have a title sequence. If you're going to have a sequence which lingers on or zooms in on the sun, I think that'd be an excellent place for a "Bloodlines: Prelude" title to fade in and then back out. It also reinforces that something's happening, so no one will think that the screen is frozen or anything. It's thematically appropriate in a larger sense too: the Prelude is the metaphorical sun setting on the nighttime which is VTMB.
Bloodlines Tech Support / Re: Unofficial Patch 9.9 released!
« Last post by Acleacius on December 17, 2017, 11:10:07 PM »
We are not talking about IRL here, but inside the game and there it works in a few days!
I know, it was intended as irony since you and IanW both are basing your positions on the IRL time it takes to complete the game. There's no evidence from any Troika game or any of the developers' previous games of this existing. There's also no benefit to saying this game is completed in days. When the rules (afaik), say things like Ghoul feeding times completely disputes this narrative.  :vampwink:
« Last post by Acleacius on December 17, 2017, 11:02:54 PM »
I explicitly said that Bloodlines took place over the course of a couple of weeks so I'm not sure why you keep insisting that I can't do it in couple of days. I didn't say that was the case.

If I can finish the game in, let's generously say 20 hours, let's equally generously say that if I were to perform those same tasks in real life would take 10x the time (with most of that extra 90% being taken by travel time). So that'd be a very generous estimate of 200 hours.

Since the game takes place in October 2004, it's after the equinox, so night is longer than the day. But let's say it's just a straight 12 hours. That'd take 16.67 days, which is pretty close to the "a couple of weeks" I claimed, particularly since we've been very generous with our estimates.
Right, I wasn't quoting you, but it wasn't anymore generalizing than you using Troika. It's more the point, your saying days. While I appreciate your formula your still trying to create a precedent based on the IRL time it takes to complete the game. As I mentioned this doesn't apply because not only did all Troika games take place over months, so did all the previous games of those developers at Black Isle. There is no benefit to the game being completed in days, there is no precedent for their games being developed to do it either.

I'm not minimizing Troika. I'm just saying it's a specious argument: just because they didn't do something in their other games, that isn't really an argument that they couldn't have done it in another game. No company is beholden to following the same formula over and over again.
It's absolutely not, you are creating a false narrative where there is no evidence of it's existence. Then when it's pointed out there's no evidence, it's in no way specious, it's completely opposite.  :vampwink:
Bloodlines Modding / Re: Bloodlines Prelude
« Last post by The Shadow Man on December 17, 2017, 07:26:12 PM »
Blade oh god.... next we will have mantis mouthed vampires, vampire jesus and anti-sun mush
« Last post by Malkav on December 17, 2017, 06:41:05 PM »
Wesp, I've just installed the beta2. It seems you have made the deaf history homosexual too. Probably a leftover from testing.
« Last post by Wesp5 on December 17, 2017, 06:31:32 PM »
I can always add new camera movements. That's a good idea.

I agree. Maybe show the faces of the player, Bach and others too. Or just move the camera around. I was for a shorter cutscene because at first I thought my PC had frozen when it kept on the sun for several minutes ;)!
Bloodlines Modding / Re: Bloodlines Prelude
« Last post by Malkav on December 17, 2017, 06:26:02 PM »
So we'll have a daywalker mod soon? Can someone create or reskin a model to look like Wesley Snipes?
« Last post by Malkav on December 17, 2017, 06:22:04 PM »
Hm, I probably couldn't listen to it for more than half a minute or so, but since it is possible to skip any time I'd say go ahead.
« Last post by Entenschreck on December 17, 2017, 06:07:36 PM »
Just a suggestion but what if it used the map a little more? Like if it moves around the monestry first, got the idea cuz it makes me think of the Credits sequence from the Jack the Ripper DLC for Assassin's Creed Syndicate.

I can always add new camera movements. That's a good idea. I was too focused on the sun and didn't even think about the rest of the environment.
I'll see what I can come up with.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10