Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Bloodlines Modding / Re: [WIP] X20 Mod
« Last post by Wesp5 on Today at 03:41:08 PM »
"Ice-Chi" was just used for that particular illustration, and doesn't appear in-text.

So did you just make that up yourself because it's a cool play of words ;)? Also the Erg Cola button doesn't really fit with all the Chi drinks there. Don't you want to go full way and turn the other dispenser into a pure Erg Cola and co machine?
« Last post by IanW on Today at 01:09:40 PM »

Looks cool! But what is the background of Ice-Chi?

"Ice-Chi" was just used for that particular illustration, and doesn't appear in-text. It's supposed to be paired with the non-blurry text at the bottom right.

The Five Elemental Dragons are sort of the Asian counterpart to the western Technocratic Union. Among them, the Zi Guang have created special vending machines located on ley lines which collect and store Chi (aka Quintessence, the fuel mages use for their powers).

For the most part, these vending machines are exactly what they seem to be. But in an emergency, an Agent of the Elemental Dragons can press an implant in their wrist against the side of the machine, and it will recharge them with up to 10 points of Chi.

Most such vending machines also dispense high-energy fruit drinks (although they're usually the mundane kind). When recharging an Agent, the drink dispensed uses special herbal concoctions to make the Agent more alert, and acts as a meal replacement.

The vending machines are varied and widespread -- while 60% dispense beverages, they could really be for any product. Ice-Chi was convenient because there's an illustration showing what the machine looks like.

Erg Cola is a similar concoction invented by the Technocratic Union. Except instead of the vending machine doing all the heavy lifting, it's the drink itself. It's like the ultimate energy drink. Caffeine, nutrients, sugar, and a point of Quintessence. Boosts an agent's body for up to six hours. Although it was only available to Agents of the Technocracy in 1998, they were considering a mundane version for the mass market.

Given their close association, I figured the Elemental Dragons and the Technocracy might have collaborated to get both their vending machines and their cola a wider distribution net by 2004.
Bloodlines Modding / Re: World War 2 Mod
« Last post by argikt on Today at 11:45:26 AM »
Hello!

Thanks for your comment!
It's too soon to say when the mod will be finished, there's a lot of work to do.
For the next release I would like have signs in the hubs, models for weapons, improving translation, and bug fixes.
Malkav is working hard and helping a lot with bug reporting and translation.
I have the plot ready for almost all hub 3 quests and it will be included, but I will need to do about 20 more maps... I need time for this.
All that I can say about version 2 is that it won't be released this year.
« Last post by Wesp5 on Today at 08:14:48 AM »
With Erg Cola, with its "familiar bright yellow and green label":

Looks cool! But what is the background of Ice-Chi?
Bloodlines Modding / Re: World War 2 Mod
« Last post by bigbadwolf on Today at 07:00:01 AM »
Hello!
I finished the mod (I arrived in Zurich).
I'm impressed, amazing work for all of the team.
I really like the animated mill in the gas robbers' and Marseille quest. (I won't spoil the quest plot here).
Can I expect the mod will be finished in release 2?
« Last post by IanW on August 19, 2018, 11:34:56 PM »
Realized in-game, based on the design in the illustration above:

With Erg Cola, with its "familiar bright yellow and green label":

(might have to tweak that a bit; there's no indication in the source files where the edges of the button are, so some of the Erg logo skews over to the top and bottom of the button)

Hey Ian!

Long time no see. How you been buddy? I ran across your project and I wanted to say "Great job!". I love the new billboards as not only does it expand on the WoD but it also brings some new eye candy to an otherwise static 14 year old game.

Thanks! That's the hope. :)

Kudos bro. After your done with this project, and with your permission, perhaps TCI could incorporate your work into the latest version of TFN so others can admire your efforts. (Giving proper credit of course).  :rock:

Certainly, feel free! I don't know that I'll ever be done, per se; this is mostly a side project, an excuse to scratch an occasional itch I have to tweak Bloodlines. I'll post my progress periodically, though (see attached), so feel free to use whatever bits you like best for TFN.
« Last post by Zer0Morph on August 19, 2018, 09:09:44 PM »
Hey Ian!

Long time no see. How you been buddy? I ran across your project and I wanted to say "Great job!". I love the new billboards as not only does it expand on the WoD but it also brings some new eye candy to an otherwise static 14 year old game.

Kudos bro. After your done with this project, and with your permission, perhaps TCI could incorporate your work into the latest version of TFN so others can admire your efforts. (Giving proper credit of course).  :rock:
« Last post by argikt on August 19, 2018, 07:42:14 PM »
LOL...

We can retexture several cans...
Off Topic / Re: There is a Song/Video in Your Head...
« Last post by deicide on August 19, 2018, 07:28:21 PM »
Autumn - Gallery of Reality. And the story had written itself once more...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KBQ25m_KH0
Lyrics inculded.
Bloodlines Games General Discussion / Re: Is the masquerade doomed in the future?
« Last post by deicide on August 19, 2018, 06:11:07 PM »
And Ventrue would gamble on cryptocurrencies, own companies that develop mining hardware and sell drugs over darknet marketplaces (screw you, damn snakes), something in that vein. I think I understood what are you aiming at.
My point was that most of internet security techiques does not require a hacker's knowledge, I think 2-3 points in modern Computers (advanced user) will be enough in order to use the most.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10