Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Bloodlines Tech Support / Re: Unofficial Patch 9.9 released!
« Last post by Soilie on Today at 03:41:55 PM »
Is it possible to make atrium shortcut door locked for high level lockpicking (~10)? It can make high lockpicking more useful to the end. Now it seems that Andrei is careless enough to have it unlocked - only two spider chicks, one fat guy and usual sabbat...
This shortcut can be easily missed (1st chick stands near the stairs, not goes for PC, I kill another chick, try the door (nothing) and return to 1st chick. Now door is opened but I go upstairs... But it is more interesting in such way.
If I choose gomosexual history then some sounds in intro belong to other sex, usual intro has this bug too (PC is male, but scream belong to female). Guards have white eyes, I see their moving irides sometimes. Clothes is frequently moving too (Tremere skirt, Strauss clothes).
Bloodlines Modding / Re: Discipline image transparency
« Last post by Icicle-Baphomet on Today at 02:28:10 PM »
Photoshop. Just click the channels tab, then click Alpha ... it'll switch from showing R G B to showing a black and white image, which is the alpha channel.

paint.net reads the alpha channel to show transparency but it doesn't let you play with it directly, without plug-ins.  I heard of UnAlpha, but I've never used it myself.

GIMP can do it too, but it is weird! Open your image, look at your Layers list and click the Channels tab to switch to channels.  Now click every 'eyeball' symbol next to the R G B layers so only the alpha is showing. Notice that the alpha channel looks 'inverted'... it has its own transparency, and the alpha image is black instead of white. Why is Gimp this way? Don't ask me...

If you can muddle with Gimp and get all the pixels black that you don't want transparent, you can save the image to a format that supports transparency... (.PNG for instance) by using File > Export As... ...you could also save it as a .tga here.  If you can get it working as .tga here great, if not, save as .PNG, open in paint.net, make sure it still has some transparency in places you don't want to be solid (so it doesn't look like a rectangle in game), then save it from paint.net as a .TGA for converting to .ttz/.tth with the Bloodlines SDK...
Off Topic / Re: There is a Song/Video in Your Head...
« Last post by Satanu Reeves on Today at 11:31:41 AM »
Bloodlines Modding / Re: Gay intro and other stuff
« Last post by Satanu Reeves on Today at 11:26:46 AM »
Been awhile, I don't come around here often. I'm busy with other projects.

Role playing tip: Mother always said "Have you tried not being gay? It wouldn't kill you." But the one time you tried, it did.

Back in early 2005 I was hanging out with a friend when he tossed a copy of VTMB into my lap and said "If you can get it to work, it's yours!". Luckily I was one of the few that got it to work. I've been playing it ever since. It's my favorite PC game of all time.I guess someone has to make an anti-gay mod now to remove the gay content included in the base game to balance this out.
Bloodlines Modding / Re: Clan Quest Mod
« Last post by Soilie on Today at 09:29:34 AM »
The dialogue option that would allow me to get Christopher to open up (something like "you look troubled") is nowhere to be found. Is there a pre-requisite to make the line available?
Maybe your Humanity is below ~5? He perhaps feels evil in others... )) I remember this from UP+.
« Last post by The Shadow Man on Today at 01:23:44 AM »
Thanks for the response. Do you happen to know any editors I can do that with?
Bloodlines Modding / Re: particle effects for disciplines
« Last post by Icicle-Baphomet on November 18, 2017, 10:38:59 PM »

As you can see there are a lot of uses of the auspex sprites alone...

Unless someone here is a moder who has done things with the disciplines already, I'd say I'm the wrong guy to be asking about this issue...
Bloodlines Modding / particle effects for disciplines
« Last post by Icicle-Baphomet on November 18, 2017, 08:09:24 PM »
Anyone know the answer to SeKaLoR's question?

Hello, can you please tell me how to remove the particle effects from auspex/presence (5 dots in each)?? When i use these disciplines in first person view, my game starts to lag. Thank you in advance !!!

Before I go rooting through the particle effects files trying to determine this, which I'm not eager to do (lol), does anyone know offhand which particle .txt files in VpkContent/particles/ control the effects of fully upgraded Auspex and Presence?
« Last post by Icicle-Baphomet on November 18, 2017, 05:36:09 PM »
Yeah, you'll need a program that can alter the alpha channel of the images as .tga.

If transparent, the alpha's image will appear greyer than white. Make it completely white and it won't have transparency anymore.

edit: just to be clear, I meant the 'image' of the picture you're working with, but in the alpha channel. If you make the alpha channel completely white with no regards to that you'll wind up with an ugly looking box instead of just the discipline image.
Bloodlines Modding / Discipline image transparency
« Last post by The Shadow Man on November 18, 2017, 04:20:27 PM »
Hey is there a way to entirely remove the partial transparency on the Discipline images in game? I've tried altering discipline image notecards but that does no good.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10