* Notice

Important notice: Currently emails from this forum are being automatically blocked by many email providers, claiming Planetvampire.com has a "low reputation". As such you may struggle to register and/or submit password reset requests. If you require help, please email admin@planetvampire.com for assistance. In the meantime we are continuing to work on this issue.

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Bloodlines Tech Support / Re: Unofficial Patch 11.3 has been released!
« Last post by Wesp5 on Today at 09:42:07 pm »
That's what shows.
Thanks, I think I found the issue and can fix it.

And one more moment, when I pass by the place in the 2nd screenshot, the camera starts to shake a little.
I don't think I can do anything about this. Sometimes the player gets stuck a little on the terrain. I also can't fix the lighting in the elevator. I believe this happens because the light inside isn't really dynamic so between floors where it's dark the player will be dark too.
Another of the bugs, while moving through the floors in the apartment, the character can turn black for a second in the elevator (I managed to make a screenshot), and the elevator panel, where the arrows are shown, starts blinking sometimes. But I guess you know about this bug and it looks like it can't be fixed.
That's what shows.

And one more moment, when I pass by the place in the 2nd screenshot, the camera starts to shake a little. And the character slows down a bit, as if there is some kind of obstacle. Although it may be a feature of the terrain (such as a hill) on this piece of the map, I just always ran through this place in 1st person, so I didn’t notice.  :chinscratch:
Bloodlines Modding / Re: World War 2 Mod
« Last post by Stosh on Today at 07:25:51 pm »
Hello to all =)
Stosh, Malkav thanks for the reports!
Other stuff I ran into.

Moon Seeker.
Got kicked to the desktop at the gate.
Replayed and everything fine.

Vent to Moon Seeker.
Angle wasn't quite right and I got stuck. Noclip fixed it,
Replayed and opened it straight on and everything was fine.

Kranzler.
Flickering image on the outside floor under 2 tables where the 2 guys sit.

Machine.
Small textures missing.
Sorry I don't get what kinda maps you are talking about, can you make a screenshots of the problem places?

Moon Seeker is the Gaia Clan Hideout.
I replayed without any problems.
Must have hit the magic pixel. :)

Kranzler in Berlin.
I tried taking a screenshot but it didn't show.
It is a transparent flicker.

Machine in the Zurich hospital.
Missing textures show when it is rotating and only for a split second.
I missed them in my screenshots. This has been happening forever.

Bloodlines Tech Support / Re: Unofficial Patch 11.3 has been released!
« Last post by Wesp5 on Today at 06:52:31 pm »
But for some reason, Brian is still standing there, although other people successfully disappear.
Can you check if that is reproducable and if there are Python errors in the console and if G.Beach_Dead == 1? The game should remove all npc_VHumanCombatant NPCs and Brian is one of them...
« Last post by Malkav on Today at 04:34:41 pm »
Avadonica, concerning the variables in e.g. the Baker and radio quests. You don't need a script or something, just move setting the variables from the npc line to the player responses.
« Last post by Avadonica on Today at 02:16:28 pm »
Hello to all =)
Stosh, Malkav thanks for the reports!
Other stuff I ran into.

Moon Seeker.
Got kicked to the desktop at the gate.
Replayed and everything fine.

Vent to Moon Seeker.
Angle wasn't quite right and I got stuck. Noclip fixed it,
Replayed and opened it straight on and everything was fine.

Kranzler.
Flickering image on the outside floor under 2 tables where the 2 guys sit.

Machine.
Small textures missing.
Sorry I don't get what kinda maps you are talking about, can you make a screenshots of the problem places?
Did nobody notice that you can't finish the "radio UK" quest and don't get the discount from Baker? This is caused by G. variables set in the npc line of the dialogs. Using the "action" column of npc lines doesn't work, at least not reliably. I'd guess there are more issues like this in the game.
I thought I fixed the Baker quest... =/
I didn't know about the UK's quest problem. Should I make a python script to make it easier to read variables?!
First of all, why is the Sire's ghoul shocked by the Nossie player's face? You can't tell me she has never seen the sire without "mask of a thousand faces".
Then a feral cat was frightened by my Nossie, it even triggered the Nos radar.
I also had the problem when entering the hotel, but only once.
For the receptionist, there is an intersting place animation where she turns her back to the desk. When I was in the hotel with my Nossie she used this one exclusively; looked quite weird.
You should change the name of the "radio UK" quest to "Dash and Dot" instead of dot and stripe. A sergeant has stripes on his uniform, but a written text, including morse code, has dashes.
In the interaction with the morse machine, please change what used to be "unread" from "decrypted" to "encrypted". Makes more sense this way.
In the spy's journal, all but the first date have the year 03 instead of 43. Btw, is the spy supposed to be british or american? In case she is not american you should change the date format from mm/dd/yy to dd/mm/yy.

Then there is an inconsistency in the log for the main quest: The sire's note in the hotel sais that the spy's house is near the pub, but the quest log mentions the garage.
On a similar note, I don't recall the vampire from the "blood in the port" quest mentioning her name, so why is she called Sheila in the quest log?
And in some of her animations she is lying just above the cobbles. This is probably a leftover from the earlier versions whers she was lying on a bench.
I'll change it, thanks for the report.
In the medical tent, the nurse started the dialog twice. So either the dialog trigger is trigger_multiple instead of trigger_once or there are several triggers and not all of them are disabled when one is interacted with.
some of the patients are still standing through teir beds; maybe you should consider turning them from npc_V to prop_ragdoll or prop_dynamic. IMO a wrong or missing aura for auspex users is less disrupting than patients standing up not only in, but through their beds.
And I had trouble finding and interacting with the exit trigger.
When I talked to a prostitute with my Nossie she was frightened but didn't run away. Maybe in addition to the normal info nodes the map also needs cover nodes for npcs to run away?
The electric guitars at the pub sign look completely out of place. First they absolutely don't fit the style of the main sign, secondly I'm not sure guitars and neon lights like these already existed in 1943, and thirdly, this is a city that expects an air raid, so unnecessary lights like these should be turned off anyway.
I guess I'll have to put these maps on my list of maps for rebuilding...
Can you find a different sign for the petol station? Gas is used only in America.
Barabbah, there's need your help =p
I mined astrolite without killing a single person in the beach house. When later on the beach we are met by Mercurio, who says that he paid a visit to the hucksters on the beach, there should not be a single person left in the beach house. But for some reason, Brian is still standing there, although other people successfully disappear.
« Last post by Malkav on Today at 10:01:29 am »
Did nobody notice that you can't finish the "radio UK" quest and don't get the discount from Baker? This is caused by G. variables set in the npc line of the dialogs. Using the "action" column of npc lines doesn't work, at least not reliably. I'd guess there are more issues like this in the game.

Other than that I have started yesterday and played around a bit in Portsmouth. The list is already quite long...

First of all, why is the Sire's ghoul shocked by the Nossie player's face? You can't tell me she has never seen the sire without "mask of a thousand faces".
Then a feral cat was frightened by my Nossie, it even triggered the Nos radar.

You should change the name of the "radio UK" quest to "Dash and Dot" instead of dot and stripe. A sergeant has stripes on his uniform, but a written text, including morse code, has dashes.
In the interaction with the morse machine, please change what used to be "unread" from "decrypted" to "encrypted". Makes more sense this way.

I also had the problem when entering the hotel, but only once.
For the receptionist, there is an intersting place animation where she turns her back to the desk. When I was in the hotel with my Nossie she used this one exclusively; looked quite weird.

When I talked to a prostitute with my Nossie she was frightened but didn't run away. Maybe in addition to the normal info nodes the map also needs cover nodes for npcs to run away?

The electric guitars at the pub sign look completely out of place. First they absolutely don't fit the style of the main sign, secondly I'm not sure guitars and neon lights like these already existed in 1943, and thirdly, this is a city that expects an air raid, so unnecessary lights like these should be turned off anyway.

Then there is an inconsistency in the log for the main quest: The sire's note in the hotel sais that the spy's house is near the pub, but the quest log mentions the garage.
On a similar note, I don't recall the vampire from the "blood in the port" quest mentioning her name, so why is she called Sheila in the quest log?
And in some of her animations she is lying just above the cobbles. This is probably a leftover from the earlier versions whers she was lying on a bench.

In the medical tent, the nurse started the dialog twice. So either the dialog trigger is trigger_multiple instead of trigger_once or there are several triggers and not all of them are disabled when one is interacted with.
some of the patients are still standing through teir beds; maybe you should consider turning them from npc_V to prop_ragdoll or prop_dynamic. IMO a wrong or missing aura for auspex users is less disrupting than patients standing up not only in, but through their beds.
And I had trouble finding and interacting with the exit trigger.

In the spy's journal, all but the first date have the year 03 instead of 43. Btw, is the spy supposed to be british or american? In case she is not american you should change the date format from mm/dd/yy to dd/mm/yy.

Can you find a different sign for the petol station? Gas is used only in America.
When you talk to the clerk at the petrol station, you can ask for the cult without having talked to the priest.

One last thing on the pier: a trawler and the submarine have red and green navigation lights in places where they certainly don't belong.
Bloodlines Modding / Re: HD textures - Overhaul project
« Last post by OmriKoresh on Today at 09:56:53 am »
HI! i'm updating the mod right now.
it includes Much more stuff, 1.5gb worth of textures.

There are a few textures i cannot figure out which i'll probably post here so if anyone could help me with those- i'll appreciate it.

i believe i'll be able to finish next month the WORLD textures and then go to the Models properly after that,

this is a HUGE project but it looks great.

i didn't do a video because all of this work went into so many random places, you'll see that the floor, signs, whatever is great but the walls are terrible. it doesn't look very much different although it is.

So i'm taking a week off and i'll get back to it. but if you are already using it make sure to download the latest version.

https://www.nexusmods.com/vampirebloodlines/mods/234
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2023, SimplePortal