Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Bloodlines Modding / Re: World War 2 Mod
« Last post by argikt on Today at 12:28:24 PM »
Thanks for your review Barabbah.

I'm happy that you like this first beta.
I would try to awnser your questions:
*Are the temporary elements out of time or unfinished?

More of the them has been replaced in our internal alpha versions, alpha7 (last now), has right car models, and typewritters for example.

*place more nazis in the street of the occupied cities (to give the feeling of fear)
Yes, I would add more nazis in Paris, Porthsmouth or Zurich are not occuped cities. The developt of the four hub, Berlin started two days ago, I think I can show you "Brandenburgen Gate" tomorrow. Obviosly will be a lot of nazis in Berlin.

*I don't plan change decrypting skill more, there's engine limits of modding that I can't bypass.

*as pointed out before, the distinction camarilla-good.
In the beta you can play until Zurich, but now, work in this hub is almost finished internally, I won't to spoil you, but a neutral city  like this, has neutral vampires.
Also, if you show who prince Villon acts in Paris with the circus, you can see he's not the "good boy"

*- when a new release will come out it would help for those who want to try straight out the new stuff (or jump in to a particular moment) an optional extended dialog with the sire (maybe in an extra folder to be manually installed) where you can skip quests already done in the previous version and receive the respective xp points, items, money etc. and jump straight where the demo ended before.

Well, introduction was done by Mamita, sadly he's having perssonal problems, and is unfinished. We all hope he can solve it, and will return, and add more flavour to the intro.
About quest and the "resume" option, I'm sorry to say no. Because each version changes existing maps, and won't be compatible with previous versions. For example, if you saw the video of the "gasrobbers" you can see the cars in the beta and in the video has changed.

Thanks for your comments! I'm happy to read it. And give us energy to keep working!
Bloodlines Modding / Re: World War 2 Mod
« Last post by Barabbah on Today at 08:37:50 AM »
I have finally found the time for your mod. Argikt mod for Clan Quest hasn't impressed me much (sorry). But I've also played the War Games mod.
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/UnrealisticFilthyBullfrog-size_restricted.gif
My god! It was amazing! Hubs are huge and immersive, the story is really intriguing. Are the temporary elements out of time or unfinished? It's like seeing actors rehearsing before the proper recital and you can see the huge potential!!

As now I want to give some advice:
- place more nazis in the street of the occupied cities (to give the feeling of fear)
- maybe it won't work at all but I try to suggest it anyway: put a panel in front of the computer screens (place more computers for more messages), add in the book you found in the first radio station to raise the skills in morse decrypt the instructions on how to use them (simplify each computer use as: digit "decrypt", press ctrl+c, if successful digit "read") and THEN a text note appears next the computer (the point is to hide the screen and make use of sounds and/or captions to acknowledge the player if it's working)
- as pointed out before, the distinction camarilla-good / sabbat-evil is a bit forced, maybe can be resolved with an increase of antitribu and independent factions that will lead to interesting side quests (specially a team up with Andrei)
- when a new release will come out it would help for those who want to try straight out the new stuff (or jump in to a particular moment) an optional extended dialog with the sire (maybe in an extra folder to be manually installed) where you can skip quests already done in the previous version and receive the respective xp points, items, money etc. and jump straight where the demo ended before

Again my compliments :), wish you all the luck!
Bloodlines Games General Discussion / Re: Cant find computer in haven
« Last post by Aloysius on Today at 05:27:14 AM »
The computer from santa monica disapear when you get a new haven. In vanilla you can only get the skyline appartment, floor number 4 as a Ventrue so that's where you should check.
Bloodlines Games General Discussion / Cant find computer in haven
« Last post by Peyote on Today at 02:40:47 AM »
I play as venture and mitnick gave me tangled web quest and he ask me to check my email address in my haven, but my first haven doesnt have any computer. Where should i check?
Bloodlines Games General Discussion / Re: What aspect of VTMB did you disliked?
« Last post by Gossamer on September 24, 2018, 11:31:03 PM »
Though you disliking the Ocean House is more of a subjective. Love it or hate it, they were finely done, from the set-piece to the atmosphere. We should talk about things that are actiually badly-designed.

I agree that the Ocean House hotel was excellently done. I just thought I would give my two cents on the subject.

pounding him several times with a gardening hook or chopping him up with a broadsword is extremely pleasing.

That's my favorite part of Hollywood.
Bloodlines Games General Discussion / Re: Tobias Sjogren Leaves White Wolf
« Last post by Wesp5 on September 24, 2018, 10:17:27 PM »
We already had a discussion on this topic, but still it would need to be a standalone game, utterly severed from the Bloodlines.

That's why we call it a successor and not a sequel. Best in a new city with a new story and characters, but the same gameplay!
Bloodlines German Board / Re: Inoffizieller Fanpatch 10.0 erschienen
« Last post by Wesp5 on September 24, 2018, 10:15:59 PM »
Wo wir schon Computereinträge über Tote haben, müssten doch auch die Einträge von Boris und Jezebel im Empire Arms Hotel Computer akualisiert werden, falls sie getötet worden sind oder nicht?

Ich weiss nicht. Boris wohnt schon ewig dort, ich glaube nicht, dass die jeden Tag nach ihm schauen. Genauso bei Locke...

Das ist sehr speziell und im Grunde macht das keiner, aber taucht Sweeper auch im Chateau auf, wenn er getötet wurde?

Natürlich nicht ;)!
« Last post by Wilhelm Streicher 19 on September 24, 2018, 08:32:10 PM »
Wo wir schon Computereinträge über Tote haben, müssten doch auch die Einträge von Boris und Jezebel
im Empire Arms Hotel Computer akualisiert werden, falls sie getötet worden sind oder nicht?
Johansen eher nicht. Auch nicht für den Fall, wenn nur die Mafia Schläger (mit oder ohne Dima) getötet worden sind.
In diesen Fall würde Boris die Leichen wohl still und heimlich entsorgen.

Das ist sehr speziell und im Grunde macht das keiner, aber taucht Sweeper auch im Chateau auf, wenn er getötet wurde?

Als Malk geht es natürlich schön einfach im Museum die Kameras zu hacken, aber ich wünschte es gäbe auch für andere Clans eine
Möglichkeit im Sicherheitsraum mal kurz die Kameras zu hacken. Feeden funktionert ja nicht.
« Last post by No_Mercy on September 24, 2018, 08:07:06 PM »
@Voerman:

Ich habe die englische Originalversion nicht installiert, kann ich aber durchaus nachholen, ich bin nämlich nicht überzeugt, dass die Obertitel dort durchgehend einen schwarzen Hintergrund haben. Im Intro - ja. Aber später im Spiel? Alle Schriftarten und Farben werden - zumindest soweit ich weiß - im resource-Ordner definiert, in diesem Fall der trackerscheme.res. Die fragliche Schriftart ist Copperplate_1280 bei der 1920x1080-Auflösung, wenn man den respatch verwendet hat. Sie steht in der englischen Datei auf Größe 22, ich habe sie auf 18 runtergesetzt, weil der deutsche Text fast immer länger ist. Das ist alles. Auch sonst habe ich nur die Größe der Schriftarten um eine Stufe verkleinert. Folgende Möglichkeiten sehe ich:
1. Das Problem ist die Größe - dann ändere ich sie testweise zurück, so dass sie der englischen entspricht.
2. Es liegt gar nicht an der trackerscheme.res, sondern an einer anderen Datei, von der ich entweder nichts weiß oder die nicht offensichtlich ist.
So oder so würde es nicht helfen, denn die Schriftart wird für fast alles verwendet, und die Texte würden bei der englischen Schriftgröße an mehreren Stellen wieder Chaos verursachen, sonst hätte ich sie nicht eine Stufe kleiner gesetzt. Und da ist der fehlende schwarze Hintergrund aus meiner Sicht das kleinere Problem.

Du machst das schon. Wenn es nicht klappen sollte, dann haben wir eh keine Wahl.

Ok, dann öffne sie doch mal mit einem Texteditor und sieh dir die oberen Zeilen an. Dort müsste irgendwo stehen:
"printname"   "Hand"
"description"   "Your Hand."
Wenn die Anführungszeichen so dort stehen, ist diese Datei nicht das Problem, denn der printname ist dann korrekt vorhanden.

Also entweder habe ich die falsche Datei geöffnet, oder finde den Eintrag nicht. Daher hier reinkopiert.

// Pistol

WeaponData
{
   // Weapon data is loaded by both the Game and Client DLLs.
   "viewmodel"      "models/weapons/w_null.mdl"
//   "playermodel"   "models/weapons/w_null.mdl"
   "wieldmodel_f"   "models/weapons/w_null.mdl"
   "wieldmodel_m"   "models/weapons/w_null.mdl"
//"anim_prefix"   "anaconda"

"impact_snd_group"   ""

//   "viewmodel"      "models/weapons/Fists/view/v_fists.mdl"
   "playermodel"   ""
//   "wieldmodel_f"   ""
//   "wieldmodel_m"   ""
   "anim_prefix"   "fist"

"bucket"      "0"
   "bucket_position"   "0"

"camera_class"      "force_1st"
   "weight"      "0"
   "item_flags"   "0"
   "item_type"      "hidden"
//   "item_type"      "weapon_firearm"
   "item_worth"   "0"
   "equip_mask"   "Normal"

"is_visible_in_hud"   "0"
   "shows_view_model"   "0"

"BitFlag_CantBeLast"   "1"

Magazine
   {
//      "Size"      "26"
//      "Default_Size"   "50"
      "Size"      "0"
      "Default_Size"   "0"
      "Type"      "MediumRound"
//      "Type"      "None"
      "ReloadTime"   "3.5"
   }

Activation
   {
      "Tag"         "Primary"

"Type"      "Attack"
      "Ammo_Type"      "None"
      "Ammo_Cost"      "0"
      "Dmg"         "Strength 0 Bashing Close_Combat_Brawl"
      "Botch_Table"   "Melee_Weapons"
      "Attack_Rate"   "0.5"
      "Range"      "0"

///      "Ammo_Type"      "MediumRound"
///      "Ammo_Cost"      "1"
///      "Dmg"         "6 Lethal Ranged_Combat"
///      "Botch_Table"   "Revolvers"
///      "Attack_Rate"   "0.2"
///      "Range"      "35"

// Sounds...
      SoundData
      {
         "attack"
         {
            "sound1"   "weapons/fists/swing.wav"
         }

"attack_npc"
         {
            "sound1"   "weapons/fists/swing.wav"
         }

"botch"
         {
            "sound1"   "weapons/fists/botch.wav"
         }

"deploy"
         {
//            "sound1"   "weapons/fists/deploy.wav"
         }
      }
   }

// Weapon Sprite data is loaded by the Client DLL.
   SpriteData
   {
      "weapon"
      {
         "640"
         {
            "file"   "hud/Inventory_Images/Weapons_Melee/Fists_sel"
            "x"      "0"
            "y"      "0"
            "width"   "100"
            "height"   "64"
         }
      }
      "weapon_s"
      {
         "640"
         {
            "file"   "hud/Inventory_Images/Weapons_Melee/Fists"
            "x"      "0"
            "y"      "0"
            "width"   "100"
            "height"   "64"

}
      }
   }
}

Die Vampire-Installation des Spiels sollte besser "clean" sein. Wenn ihr dann erst den englischen Patch installiert und dann den deutschen 10.0 drüberbügelt, ist egal. Dasselbe wird für 10.1 gelten, weil ich das Verzeichnis in "Inoffizieller_Patch" geändert habe, damit man immer parallel auch den englischen Patch installieren kann. Ich schreibe das zur Sicherheit für 10.1 nochmal deutlich in die Readme.

"Clean" ist die Installation immer besser, aber wer hat schon immer Lust jedes mal neu zu installieren? Wenn es aber in der Readme steht, dürfte es für jeden eindeutig sein.
Off Topic / Re: There is a Song/Video in Your Head...
« Last post by Raving_Neonate on September 24, 2018, 07:58:30 PM »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10