Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Bloodlines Games General Discussion / Re: Alistair Grout's Wife
« Last post by Nanaloma on Today at 04:40:50 AM »
About Grout's wife, her "illness" was probably old age, unless Grout had ghouled or sired her. If he did, the malk blood could have affected her in a way that looked like an illness to Grout.
After all the malk blood made him obsessed with mental illnesses and finding a cure for "vampyrism".

Can't say much about Antitribu because I have only played it once and only until I got attacked for no reason by something supernatural in the cemetery.
apart from all the unnecessary fights i remember that in Grout's mansion they changed the order of the rooms but not the recordings, so you don't get them in the right order which makes no sense.
And I was very annoyed that Lenusk@ didn't get a native english speaker to write the new Ocean house story (if that had to be changed at all).

I think he sired her accidentally and vampirism was her illness.  She was probably in torpor.   Grout was, afterall, trying to find the cure for his illness with many years later he discovered was vampirism. 
---  and Nossies. 
Bloodlines Games General Discussion / Re: Knox in blood hunt?
« Last post by Nanaloma on Today at 04:24:48 AM »
Just so you understand, Mercurio gets mad and attacks you long before the blood hunt. 
So you gonna have to wait for some modder to create that ending choice for you because it's obviously not possible in the game.

I think it would be quite possible to add an ending similar to what you want e.g. by convincing LaCroix not to open the sarcophagus but storing it in the Camarilla warehouse instead like in the Strauss ending. Only I don't think he has lines that would make that believable and the result would be even more improvised than my Sabbat ending!
Wow! I definitely have to try that one day. Unfortunately my current pro-prince character is somewhat lame in social issues.  :facepalm:

Wait, what I meant was that Trokia/Black Isle studio is well known for their RPG aspect. Their game designs was such that you could plays and win their games with any playstyle because they've anticipated the player's choice and create scenario to go along with it from the beginning. Like in Fallout series (which is one their best works) You could literally talk the final boss into killing himself with sufficient speech skills alone. Or you could maxed out your lockpick skill and breaks down the super locked door to activate nuclear warhead to kill him for example. Until VTMB there's no such thing as non-viable playstyle. So you gonna have to wait for some modder to create that ending choice for you because it's obviously not possible in the game. Sorry If I cause confusion. ^_^'
We actually COULD convince Lacroix to stop being stupid for once. Namely with persuasion and intimidation 10, we bluntly ask that he stop sending an unstopable terminator with inexplicable stat boost to die repeatedly and instead 'acknowledge' our capabilities and ask our permission to form an alliance. With the 'better man' at the helm of the relationship.

Wow! I definitely have to try that one day. Unfortunately my current pro-prince character is somewhat lame in social issues.  :facepalm:
Bloodlines Tech Support / Re: Problems with wine 3.6
« Last post by deicide on April 24, 2018, 08:30:23 PM »
Seems like some libraries that were updated along with them are the culprit.
That's how I always felt.
I think the best turning point would be after learning about his desperate alliance with Ming Xiao. Either patch up his relations with Anarchs or blackmail him. Anarchs would have surely appreciated some extra firepower in retaking the Chinatown (at least PC, Sheriff and LaCroix himself) and two contenders less (Strauss will be undermined as a result). Should he remain unconvinced, he will seemingly agree yet still try werewolves.
More elaborate plot could involve double-crossing Ming by tricking her into thinking that assassination attempt against PC and Nines was successful.

By the way, the latter is what I've used for post-Bloodlines themed tabletop campaign where LaCroix was the baron of Chinatown, except PC's story haven't happened and LaCroix had came up with that by himself. The sarcophagus was used as a distraction for Sabbat guys. Why bother with dumping or hiding it if Andrei will happily do it for you?
Bloodlines Tech Support / Re: Problems with wine 3.6
« Last post by chv on April 24, 2018, 07:36:40 PM »
Hello everybody,

I should probably gvie an update on this.

As it turns out I am no longer able to reproduce the configuration in which the original vampire.exe is working with any wine version. Regardless of wine version (tested 1.6, 1.8, 3.0 and 3.6) and videomemorysize setting in wine it always runs out of opengl memory ("GL_OUT_OF_MEMORY"). I notice that the VSZ size of vampire.exe ist around 3.1 GByte and the RSS ist something like 300 MByte.

Anyway, something has changed on my machine as I can be sure from file creation times that it was working with jessie (wine 1.6) and directly after the upgrade to stretch with wine 1.8. After that there was a kernel and a compiler update. I tested the old kernel but without success and I see no way to downgrade the compiler.

This is of course extremly irritating and I am feeling a bit dumb for jumping the gun and assuming it was a wine version related problem alone :-)

But finally the good news: The modified vampire.exe with the LARGE_ADDRESS_AWARE flag set in the header continues to work for me.
Interestingly it uses only VSZ 2.2 GByte and RSS 688 MByte (after successfull load). I might try to find out what exactly it loaded compared to the failing original vampire.exe.

Any ideas concerning this ?

For now you can probably assume it is an isolated problem.

Best Regards
Bloodlines Games General Discussion / Re: Alistair Grout's Wife
« Last post by DiamondBorne on April 24, 2018, 05:04:59 AM »
Finding both Mr. and Mrs. Grout alive would still makes more sense than having her jump out and attack you.

In game explanation is that Mrs. Grout was long dead and that the measure Dr. Grout implemented to save her from her Illness was nothing more than an embalming fluid. the Illness was death and decay itself because Malkavian insanity makes him view them as such.

In my head-canon however they both survived and faked their deaths. the dust sprinkled bones in the master bedroom is just one of Grout's patient and 'Mrs. Grout' in a jar is a mannequin. Think about it, Grout already fully learned of his conditions and the man REALLY loves his wife, would he not turned her? And Malkavian Madness actually for once, gifted him with accurate prophetic vision, that means he foresaw his own death and his fortress wasn't enough to protect him, why would he still hide there?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10