collapse

* Notice

Important notice (08 January 2021): PlanetVampire was staked for the last three days due to a failing disk. We have risen again on new hardware! Sorry for the inconvenience!

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: What games are you currently playing?  (Read 3666 times)

Offline Talyn82

• Antediluvian
Re: What games are you currently playing?
« Reply #120 on: December 27, 2020, 03:01:33 pm »
@fylimar: Thanks for the tips I got passed the part that was giving me trouble by putting everyone to sleep with Gale, then it was easy pickings from there.  I registered at the official forums so if I run into another hard enemy I'll post it there to not clutter this thread up. 
Vae Victus! -Kain

Offline Talyn82

• Antediluvian
« Reply #121 on: December 27, 2020, 05:42:57 pm »
I have found one of these boxes abandoned in my flat before I left:

Here's a video:

That's a nice find I never played a traditional dnd game.  By that I mean tabletop all the dnd games I've played had been on PC staring with Planescape: Torment.
Vae Victus! -Kain

Offline fylimar

• Antediluvian
« Reply #122 on: December 27, 2020, 05:53:24 pm »
Talyn: I'm registered at the official forum too. Same name.
“They can keep their heaven. When I die, I’d sooner go to Middle Earth.” ― George R.R. Martin

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."
― Doctor Who

Offline Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
« Reply #123 on: January 04, 2021, 07:26:30 pm »

If you like Fallout 1 and 2, then there's simply no way in hell you can miss this.

Aside from being a fantastic CRPG, this game is pure digital crack. I stayed up to 04:00 am last saturday because the gameplay is ridiculously engrossing. It was also brutally cheap. The main game went on a 50% discount on GOG, cost me around 7 bucks. SEVEN FUCKING DOLLARS. After almost 30 hours I bought the expansion, which arguably contains 200 hours more... FOR TWO DOLLARS AND A HALF.

And to think there's people in the AAA industry that are making terrible games and making millions of dollars. The world is an unjust place.

Anyways, stop reading me and get it already !

Offline Talyn82

• Antediluvian
« Reply #124 on: January 04, 2021, 09:25:47 pm »
@Highwayman667:  YES SIRRRRRR!  No seriously I am a huge fan of Fallout 1 and 2 will check this out.  but for 7 bucks I might just get anyway.
Vae Victus! -Kain

Offline Talyn82

• Antediluvian
« Reply #125 on: January 04, 2021, 09:29:01 pm »
All well the sale ended.  It's only 15 bucks, but since GoG usually has a lot of sales I'll wait for the next one.  For now it is on my wishlist.  Thank you for putting the game on my radar.
Vae Victus! -Kain

Offline Happydeathclaw

• Methuselah
« Reply #126 on: January 10, 2021, 12:57:12 pm »

Offline Talyn82

• Antediluvian
« Reply #127 on: January 11, 2021, 05:47:27 am »
No seriously I am a huge fan of Fallout 1 and 2

Then no way in hell you can miss this http://fallout-nevada.ucoz.ru/index/fontec/0-5, you just have to englificate it https://www.nma-fallout.com/threads/updated-english-translation-for-fallout-of-nevada.218882/

Since I avoid that forum like the plague because of it's toxicity.  I never heard of this mod but I will download it now.  Thanks for the news!
Vae Victus! -Kain

Offline Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
« Reply #128 on: January 12, 2021, 04:22:43 pm »
@Highwayman667:  YES SIRRRRRR!  No seriously I am a huge fan of Fallout 1 and 2 will check this out.  but for 7 bucks I might just get anyway.

A few pieces of advice though:

- It has a lot of the problems of older CRPG's, so be careful: it has a steep learning curve and as such, there's a lot of trial and error (a looooot of dying), so it's important to be patient in that regard. I hate it when games are structured in this T&E format but this one improves on so much from Fallout 1, 2, and even from Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura itself, that you can kind of forgive it for its sins.

- There's a lot of backtracking as well. The game is HUGE. It's a massive open world experience but it unfortunately doesn't offer many options for fast travelling. Thus, you will frequently find yourself searching different areas from which you're gonna have to walk all the way back to simply get back to a hub and sell your stuff.

- Try to be as flexible as possible in your approach to combat. My character is a stealthy thief that sneak attacks everything... but sometimes that just doesn't work, so it's important to have other investments and solutions: I use traps, grenades and even psionic powers to gain the advantage. Surprisingly enough, if you're careful in your build, you can perfectly play a jack of all trades...

...on normal. Don't even touch the difficulty meter on your first playthrough !
« Last Edit: January 12, 2021, 04:27:27 pm by Highwayman667 »

Offline Talyn82

• Antediluvian
« Reply #129 on: January 13, 2021, 04:43:42 pm »
@Highwayman667:  Thank you for the helpful tips.  I will try them out.
Vae Victus! -Kain

Offline Rubinia

• B nazjxh kOgg klh !
  • Ancillus
« Reply #130 on: January 20, 2021, 05:21:29 pm »
Dishonored recently. It's much like Bloodlines, but in different setting & more finshed state. Landscapes are beautifull and you can feel at home (or, say, on the street) in so simmilar way.

Roof-running is fun. Exploring is fun too. Quite gore game, but strangely enough mainly in-text (in-game books, diaries, letters) as far. Poor whales, I'd say.

"Having created something so extraordinary one would die happy, if one died."

"One is the path of a man, straight and plain: the never ending Crossroads."

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal