collapse

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: What games are you currently playing?  (Read 1282 times)

Offline Talyn82

• Methuselah
Re: What games are you currently playing?
« Reply #75 on: June 27, 2020, 11:40:34 PM »
I also long time ago ported a mod that let me join the Dawnguard as a Dhampir (Half Vampire/ Half Human), like Blade and Alucard.
Vae Victus! -Kain

Online Happydeathclaw

• Ancillus
« Reply #76 on: June 28, 2020, 07:16:20 AM »
I also long time ago ported a mod that let me join the Dawnguard as a Dhampir (Half Vampire/ Half Human), like Blade and Alucard.

Was that a mod with it's own skills, perks and stuff or just roleplaying imagination?

Offline fylimar

• Antediluvian
« Reply #77 on: June 28, 2020, 08:11:38 AM »
I just bought Hellblade on Steam sales. I'm really excited for that game.
“They can keep their heaven. When I die, I’d sooner go to Middle Earth.” ― George R.R. Martin

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."
― Doctor Who

Online Happydeathclaw

• Ancillus
« Reply #78 on: June 28, 2020, 04:35:08 PM »
I just bought Hellblade on Steam sales. I'm really excited for that game.

In my first playthrough I was more listening to this rather than just playing this, that was.. err.. devouring.

Offline Talyn82

• Methuselah
« Reply #79 on: June 28, 2020, 05:26:54 PM »
@Happydeathclaw:  I used the "Better Vampires" mod to customize the player vamps abilities, like no death at sunlight, no weakness to fire, no weakened abilities when in sunlight, can drink potions for healing, can be effected by alcohol, and can eat, but still needs to drink blood, and some other tweaks I've forgotten.  The rest was roleplay.  It may sound overpowered but I remember in the first Blade film, the villain vampire said Blade had all of their strengths and none of their weaknesses.

But Harkon and that Falmer still whipped my butt in combat lol.

Vae Victus! -Kain

Online Happydeathclaw

• Ancillus
« Reply #80 on: June 28, 2020, 10:14:35 PM »
@Happydeathclaw:  I used the "Better Vampires" mod to customize the player vamps abilities, like no death at sunlight, no weakness to fire, no weakened abilities when in sunlight, can drink potions for healing, can be effected by alcohol, and can eat, but still needs to drink blood, and some other tweaks I've forgotten.  The rest was roleplay.  It may sound overpowered but I remember in the first Blade film, the villain vampire said Blade had all of their strengths and none of their weaknesses.

But Harkon and that Falmer still whipped my butt in combat lol.

Everyone uses BV, it must have first of all if you play as a vampire especially from the very start, but eating... no more, all this carrying that damn food, cooking, yada-yada, I think I'm done being human in that game for the rest of eternity. A bootle of extracted blood potion and you're happy entire day and/or night, pure vampire is alot more fun. And joining Dawnguard makes alot of sence actually, even more that staying in Volkihar castle since they went completely insane with that prophecy and started to act even worse than Sabbat in Bloodlines, like Valerica says: we're masquerading for the centuries and everyone's happy, therephore Dawnguard is the necessary help to uphold the masquerade, and as it turns out Isran is not fanatic like Grünfeld Bach and has nothing against existence of normal vampires like Serana. But still... that bethesdish writing is extermely poor.

Offline Talyn82

• Methuselah
« Reply #81 on: June 29, 2020, 04:01:12 AM »
@Happydeathclaw:  I never cooked food or drank any of the alcohol in Skyrim since I've been playing the game.  I usually play as vampire and hhen I do it's a full blooded vamp.  I usually side with Clan Volkihar.  I like the idea of being the King of Vampires like Dracula in the Castlevania games and series or Kain in the Legacy of Kain series.  I usually use the Live Another Life mod to quickly start either with the Dawnguard or Clan Volkihar, and using console cheats I level myself to at least level 10, and give myself starter items via the AddItem menu mod.
Vae Victus! -Kain

Offline Talyn82

• Methuselah
« Reply #82 on: July 01, 2020, 07:08:25 PM »
@Highwayman667: I was randomly searching Google and came upon this entry.  Apparently back in 2004 work had begun on a sixth Legacy of Kain game, but was canceled by the publisher Eidos three or sixth months into development.  This ranks up there with Lucas Arts canceling KOTOR 3 for blunders in gaming history.

Here is the LOK wiki entry:

https://legacyofkain.gamepedia.com/Legacy_of_Kain:_The_Dark_Prophecy#Malek.27s_Bastion

It looked like we were able to revisit Malek's bastion an area from the original Blood Omen.  I think that was where you find the twin axes Havok and Malice?
Vae Victus! -Kain

Offline Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
« Reply #83 on: July 01, 2020, 11:17:21 PM »
@Highwayman667: I was randomly searching Google and came upon this entry.  Apparently back in 2004 work had begun on a sixth Legacy of Kain game, but was canceled by the publisher Eidos three or sixth months into development.  This ranks up there with Lucas Arts canceling KOTOR 3 for blunders in gaming history.

Here is the LOK wiki entry:

https://legacyofkain.gamepedia.com/Legacy_of_Kain:_The_Dark_Prophecy#Malek.27s_Bastion

It looked like we were able to revisit Malek's bastion an area from the original Blood Omen.  I think that was where you find the twin axes Havok and Malice?

I guess I got some mourning to do now  :58_45_40:  ...

Do we know who has the rights specifically ? Some games are locked in patent hell but I'm not sure about LOK... I do wonder.

Offline Talyn82

• Methuselah
« Reply #84 on: July 02, 2020, 12:06:55 AM »
Well the first game Blood Omen was the brain child and developed by Silicon Knights and was published by Crystal Dynamics and Activision.  After a legal battle Crystal Dynamics won the rights to the future games.  Crystal Dynamics developed the Soul Reaver, and Defiance games and published by Eidos.  As far as I know Eidos still owns the rights to the series.  But it is important to remember the one who keep up with the Soul Reaver games, Amy Hennig left Crystal Dynamics.  So even if they made a sixth game it would be different like Blood Omen 2 is different from the main series.
Vae Victus! -Kain

Offline Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
« Reply #85 on: July 02, 2020, 01:16:31 AM »
Well the first game Blood Omen was the brain child and developed by Silicon Knights and was published by Crystal Dynamics and Activision.  After a legal battle Crystal Dynamics won the rights to the future games.  Crystal Dynamics developed the Soul Reaver, and Defiance games and published by Eidos.  As far as I know Eidos still owns the rights to the series.  But it is important to remember the one who keep up with the Soul Reaver games, Amy Hennig left Crystal Dynamics.  So even if they made a sixth game it would be different like Blood Omen 2 is different from the main series.
Speaking of Amy Hennig, I saw this interview and was practically yelling at the screen "PLEASE GO BACK TO LOK" :rofl: !!!

But what she says is very interesting. Her experience as a storyteller truly shined in LOK and it's good to see that it was always a priority for her.

Offline Barabbah

• Antediluvian
« Reply #86 on: July 02, 2020, 06:58:28 AM »
Years ago I've played a rare adventure game but forgot its name. After long searches I've found it out again:

A dead girl wins at a carnival a living goldfish and must find what it means the concept of being  "alive" (and save the goldfish)
"Some quotations," said Zellaby, "are greatly improved by lack of context."
― John Wyndham, The Midwich Cuckoos
"fuck the hole in the face"
― me

Offline Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
« Reply #87 on: July 02, 2020, 02:30:54 PM »
Years ago I've played a rare adventure game but forgot its name. After long searches I've found it out again:

A dead girl wins at a carnival a living goldfish and must find what it means the concept of being  "alive" (and save the goldfish)

Sounds like a great Tim Burton movie  :razz:

Offline Barabbah

• Antediluvian
« Reply #88 on: July 02, 2020, 05:02:31 PM »
Sounds like a great Tim Burton movie  :razz:

:chinscratch:
"Some quotations," said Zellaby, "are greatly improved by lack of context."
― John Wyndham, The Midwich Cuckoos
"fuck the hole in the face"
― me

Offline MooCHa

• Nelapsi
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #89 on: July 02, 2020, 08:05:07 PM »
Ok, If you like this type of game.

Regards...

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal