collapse

* Notice

Important notice (31 July): We have recently recovered from a nearly two day downtime due to an attack. No data was lost or stolen but the server has been reinstalled as a precaution. Please let us know if you encounter any issues. We apologise for the unacceptable inconvenience. Please read here for more information.

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: What games are you currently playing?  (Read 1600 times)

Offline Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
Re: What games are you currently playing?
« Reply #45 on: June 15, 2020, 02:32:58 pm »

3:17 --> Xardas does the solo !

Man I'm trying Gothic 2 again once I finish with Arx Fatalis. I really loved the first one and would hate to miss on the second and third (yes, even the third one) because of some goddamn render. If not then fuck it, I'll play it old school !

Offline Gurkhal

• Methuselah
« Reply #46 on: June 15, 2020, 03:36:34 pm »
@Highwayman667:  Since Gothic 2 centers around dragons.  Here's an old song I used to listen to when playing the game:

That song is something, although for me its has more Westeros associations and in particular with the rebels in Robert's Rebellion.

Offline Talyn82

• Methuselah
« Reply #47 on: June 15, 2020, 05:15:22 pm »
@Gurkhal:  True it does fit GoT.  But at that time I never heard of GoT.  But I would listen to the song when playing as a Paladin in Gothic 2.

@Highwayman667:  Have you asked on GOG.com why the renderer is not working?  There has to be a way.
Vae Victus! -Kain

Offline Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
« Reply #48 on: June 15, 2020, 05:37:22 pm »
@Highwayman667:  Have you asked on GOG.com why the renderer is not working?  There has to be a way.

I did but nobody has a clear solution because it seems like the issue varies with each PC build. I'll be sure to sit for a while and check it out though. The Nameless Hero is worth it  :cool:

Offline Talyn82

• Methuselah
« Reply #49 on: June 16, 2020, 08:01:53 pm »

I did but nobody has a clear solution because it seems like the issue varies with each PC build. I'll be sure to sit for a while and check it out though. The Nameless Hero is worth it  :cool:

Hope it works out for you.  As for me I've been replaying the original Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain.  It is as good as I remember the music is great and the voice acting is top notch.  Plus with a fully powered Soul Reaver you are a god. 

I've also been playing Daggerfall for the first time ever.  I've been playing with the Daggerfall Unity mod which modernizes the game, improves graphical quality, and fixes the many bugs Daggerfall is known for.
Vae Victus! -Kain

Online Wilhelm-Streicher

• Methuselah
« Reply #50 on: June 20, 2020, 05:25:21 pm »
Last of US Part 2. It´s great fun but jeez the emotions man the emotions.And there is one character wow i think this could be one of the most hated character ever been feature in a game.

Offline Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
« Reply #51 on: June 20, 2020, 07:42:13 pm »
I've also been playing Daggerfall for the first time ever.  I've been playing with the Daggerfall Unity mod which modernizes the game, improves graphical quality, and fixes the many bugs Daggerfall is known for.

That's great info Talyn. I have Daggerfall sitting in my library but I was wondering how I could make it run in modern systems, so thanks for the tip :rock:

If you ever want to play Arx Fatalis (damn sure you'd love it) then use the Arx Libertatis mod. It improves on every issue and also optimizes it for modern systems.

And there is one character wow i think this could be one of the most hated character ever been feature in a game.

It's Joel right ? Something tells me its Joel :razz: 
« Last Edit: June 20, 2020, 07:44:47 pm by Highwayman667 »

Offline Talyn82

• Methuselah
« Reply #52 on: June 20, 2020, 08:11:10 pm »
@Highwayman667:  No problem man.  I also found a few graphical overhaul mods to bring the graphics to 2020 standards. 

Here's the link to Daggerfall Unity:
https://www.dfworkshop.net/

You need this mod to modernize the game and allow mods.

Here's a link to a complete overhaul mod.  Also check out the mods in the recommended section on the same page.  They are all good.

https://forums.dfworkshop.net/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1168

Here's a link to a video that shows the mods I linked but also shows you how to install them.  It's easy peasy:

Vae Victus! -Kain

Offline Talyn82

• Methuselah
« Reply #53 on: June 20, 2020, 08:14:39 pm »
@Highwayman667:  About Arx Fatalis I played that game back in the original XBox days.  I do own it on PC through GOG.com.  I enjoyed that game.  I liked the atmosphere.  I only played as a warrior and never completed the game.  I think around that time I got Morrowind and KOTOR and those two games pretty much took over my life lol.
Vae Victus! -Kain

Offline Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
« Reply #54 on: June 20, 2020, 08:56:43 pm »
@Highwayman667:  About Arx Fatalis I played that game back in the original XBox days.  I do own it on PC through GOG.com.  I enjoyed that game.  I liked the atmosphere.  I only played as a warrior and never completed the game.  I think around that time I got Morrowind and KOTOR and those two games pretty much took over my life lol.

Same old story :rofl: ! It was released against too much competition and went slightly overlooked. It's crazy how much of that game and Gothic is found all over more modern titles like Skyrim and Witcher 3.

Offline Talyn82

• Methuselah
« Reply #55 on: June 20, 2020, 09:22:53 pm »

Same old story :rofl: ! It was released against too much competition and went slightly overlooked. It's crazy how much of that game and Gothic is found all over more modern titles like Skyrim and Witcher 3.

Haha same thing happen with Bloodlines.  I never played it until last December because when it was released I was still heavily into Morrowind, and then KOTOR 2 was released and that game also took over my life.
Vae Victus! -Kain

Online Wilhelm-Streicher

• Methuselah
« Reply #56 on: June 20, 2020, 09:55:00 pm »
It's Joel right ? Something tells me its Joel :razz: 
Have you seen the leak spoilers? Well the answer is complicated but Joel isn´t the character i meant.

Offline Talyn82

• Methuselah
« Reply #57 on: June 21, 2020, 09:23:45 pm »
Here's a vid of a mod from the same creators of Beyond Skyrim: Bruma.  it's called Beyond Skyrim:  Morrowind.  Right now it's being developed for Skyrim LE but like Bruma it will eventually come to SE.

Anyway Elder Scrolls III:  Morrowind is my favorite out of the three (Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim) I've completed, and am eager to see Vvardenfell in the 4th era post Tribunal.  So far it looks good.

Here's the video: 

Vae Victus! -Kain

Offline Happydeathclaw

• Ancillus
« Reply #58 on: June 22, 2020, 07:16:02 pm »
I recently have Bruma and can't wait when they'll finish Bravil and Leyawiin, but seriously, once you cross the border you'll not want to come back to that Skyrim with it's monumentally idiotic vanilla storylines. Personally I don't even start all this dragonborn(-ish) crap, it doesn't even exist to me thanks to the mods like this and others.

Offline Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
« Reply #59 on: June 23, 2020, 01:26:46 am »
I recently have Bruma and can't wait when they'll finish Bravil and Leyawiin, but seriously, once you cross the border you'll not want to come back to that Skyrim with it's monumentally idiotic vanilla storylines. Personally I don't even start all this dragonborn(-ish) crap, it doesn't even exist to me thanks to the mods like this and others.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal