collapse

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: What games are you currently playing?  (Read 2024 times)

Offline Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
Re: What games are you currently playing?
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2020, 01:31:41 am »
Here's a tip when dealing with multiple creatures.  When you see a group of them walk towards them step by step.  Eventually one of them will see you and come after you.  Back away and kill the creature away from his buddies.  Then walk step by step until one of the other ones see you.  Walk backwards and kill it away from his compatriots.  Keep doing this until they're all dead. 

This is a good tactic early on when a creature or npc can kill you in one or two hits.  Later on you become so strong you can engage the groups and survive.

Please everyone, heed this advice. Learned it the hard way after a pack of Orc Dogs chewed me up.

Yes, this game has ORC DOGS.

Offline Talyn82

• Methuselah
« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2020, 03:41:11 am »
Are you still in the prison colony or are you in Orc territory?  If you're low level and in Orc territory you will be destroyed.  When an npc tells you to stay out of an area.  Heed their advice and return later.  They are not playing when they say that.
Vae Victus! -Kain

Offline fylimar

• Antediluvian
« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2020, 09:19:08 am »
I'm playing an interactive novel called 'The Innsmouth Case' atm. It's for a review. So far, I find it a bit lacking, it doesn't get the typical lovecraftian horror right.

Another game, I'm still playing, is Star Wars - The Old Republic. I have finished the Jedi knight story with my Togruta girl and am now at the bounty hunter story. I'm doing a lot of Flashpoint and you sometimes meet really weird people there (not the good kind of weird)
“They can keep their heaven. When I die, I’d sooner go to Middle Earth.” ― George R.R. Martin

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."
― Doctor Who

Offline Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2020, 04:01:50 pm »
Are you still in the prison colony or are you in Orc territory?  If you're low level and in Orc territory you will be destroyed.  When an npc tells you to stay out of an area.  Heed their advice and return later.  They are not playing when they say that.

Son I already finished the game ! I'm going on a second playthrough with my boys in the New Camp  :cool:

I think it has a few flaws but what it does right it does it AMAZINGLY WELL... I can now see where Skyrim took all of its inspiration, it's almost the exact same mechanics at work: hunting in the wilds, collecting animal parts, cooking, taking raw metals and working them at a smithy.

People who say Skyrim isn't an RPG need to take a real hard look at Gothic  :justabite:  !

I'm playing an interactive novel called 'The Innsmouth Case' atm. It's for a review. So far, I find it a bit lacking, it doesn't get the typical lovecraftian horror right.

You have a youtube channel fyli ? And is the novel based on "The Shadow Over Innsmouth" ? I love the shit out of that story :funny:  !
« Last Edit: June 08, 2020, 04:10:39 pm by Highwayman667 »

Offline fylimar

• Antediluvian
« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2020, 06:10:10 pm »

You have a youtube channel fyli ? And is the novel based on "The Shadow Over Innsmouth" ? I love the shit out of that story :funny:  !
No, it's for the German Lovecraft Society. I'll help there with social media and stuff. It's not directly based on the novel, the story is set in Innsmouth, but nowadays. You are a detective, who gets a missing child case and have to investigate in Innsmouth.
“They can keep their heaven. When I die, I’d sooner go to Middle Earth.” ― George R.R. Martin

― Doctor Who

Offline Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2020, 10:29:03 pm »
No, it's for the German Lovecraft Society. I'll help there with social media and stuff. It's not directly based on the novel, the story is set in Innsmouth, but nowadays. You are a detective, who gets a missing child case and have to investigate in Innsmouth.

Is it this one ? (Love this guy BTW, my favorite game reviewer)

Offline fylimar

• Antediluvian
« Reply #36 on: June 09, 2020, 12:23:23 am »
Highwayman:No, that's Call of Cthulhu.
It's called 'The Innsmouth Case'. You can't buy it yet, but you find it on Steam. I have the beta.

― Doctor Who

Offline Talyn82

• Methuselah
« Reply #37 on: June 09, 2020, 04:34:08 am »
@Highwayman667:  With what class did you beat the game?  For me both times I beat the games was as a warrior for the Old Camp and a fire mage.  Also what did you think of Mud?  You know the annoying guy who kept following you around.  Both times I played he accidentally fell 17 times unto my blade far away from camp.

I also checked out that game from the vid you posted for fylimar.  I looked it up on GoG but it said it induces paranoia, and I already live in constant paranoia as it is.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2020, 04:53:53 am by Talyn82 »
Vae Victus! -Kain

Offline Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
« Reply #38 on: June 09, 2020, 05:36:11 am »
With what class did you beat the game?  For me both times I beat the games was as a warrior for the Old Camp and a fire mage.  Also what did you think of Mud?  You know the annoying guy who kept following you around.  Both times I played he accidentally fell 17 times unto my blade far away from camp.

Same here. I like to play the Fighter type here, with emphasis on the bow and a bit of magic for golems and demons to summon  :cool:
Mud was alive during my very first playthrough. On the current one he bravely fell to the rusty sword of a goblin. I swear it was completely accidental :rofl:

Have you seen this Talyn ? What do you think ?

« Last Edit: June 09, 2020, 05:37:58 am by Highwayman667 »

Offline Talyn82

• Methuselah
« Reply #39 on: June 09, 2020, 06:41:10 am »
@Highwayman667:  The trailer looks great.  I am glad they are remaking the game.  I'm glad it's coming out on PC.  All this talk about Gothic is making me want to play.  I did buy Elex from GoG when it was released.  That game was made by the same developers who made the three main Gothic games.

If your still in the Gothic mood I highly recommend the sequel.  It is much bigger and you get to meet old friends.

Anyway glad you enjoyed the game.  After your done with the series.  If you need any recommendations on good classic games let me know.

Vae Victus! -Kain

Offline Gurkhal

• Methuselah
« Reply #40 on: June 09, 2020, 04:45:18 pm »
Been playing a ton of Vermintide. I don't know why but I got really addicted to it.

Offline Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
« Reply #41 on: June 11, 2020, 05:06:03 pm »
I wanted to play Gothic II... but I was unable to  :58_45_40:  ... For some reason I was unable to get it running beyond what was probably 10 frames per second. It's apparently an issue with the modern render mod but I'm not sure. Honestly though, I'd rather not play it yet if it doesn't look as good as Gothic 1 did, so I'll give it a try later.

Meanwhile, I've been playing this quirky classic:

Offline Talyn82

• Methuselah
« Reply #42 on: June 12, 2020, 04:18:19 am »
Which version of the game are you playing GOG or Steam?  Anyway I never heard of that mod but if you're interested in updated graphics, I found this video displaying updated graphics, and links to the mods used.

Here is the video:
Vae Victus! -Kain

Offline Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
« Reply #43 on: June 12, 2020, 02:26:14 pm »
I'm playing the GOG version and using this guide: https://www.gog.com/forum/gothic_series/gothic_series_patches_mods_tweaks/post101

I think the issue might be with the D3D11 render. Without that one the performance was just fine but the graphics were just unbearable  :58_83:  ... I would've grown accostumed but Gothic 1 with updated graphics looked MUCH better and I just couldn't abide by that.

Offline Talyn82

• Methuselah
« Reply #44 on: June 15, 2020, 05:35:05 am »
@Highwayman667:  Since Gothic 2 centers around dragons.  Here's an old song I used to listen to when playing the game:

Vae Victus! -Kain

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal