collapse

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: What games are you currently playing?  (Read 1283 times)

Offline Talyn82

• Methuselah
What games are you currently playing?
« on: May 13, 2020, 07:58:34 PM »
During these trying times many of us are in quarantine, and either we can't go to work or are unemployed because of the pandemic.  So my question to you is what games are you currently playing to pass the time in quarantine?

Me personally I am unemployed and to take my mind off of it I am playing the Witcher 2.  Which I got for free from GoG.com a few years ago.  I played the first one many moons ago, and did not enjoy it due to the combat system.  But I did enjoy the history and lore of the Witcher universe.  I also liked messing with that priest in the village.  Plus I love redheads so Triss was an instant favorite.  I want to give the second one a try, and if I like it I'll buy the Witcher 3 Game of the Year edition from GoG.com.  There are many fans of these games and want to experience what they experienced.
Vae Victus! -Kain

Offline fylimar

• Antediluvian
Re: What games are you currently playing?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2020, 08:12:37 PM »
I feel you - I have lost my job in April.
As for your question: I'm in another round of Bloodlines, which I covered in the 'What did you do in the WoD today' thread.
I have reinstalled Dragon Age 2 and am in a playthrough with Alayne Hawke, a mage. And of course, there is still SWTOR. I'm levelling a gunslinger right now and an assassin on imp side.
“They can keep their heaven. When I die, I’d sooner go to Middle Earth.” ― George R.R. Martin

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."
― Doctor Who

Offline Barabbah

• Antediluvian
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2020, 08:25:42 PM »
This beast:

"Some quotations," said Zellaby, "are greatly improved by lack of context."
― John Wyndham, The Midwich Cuckoos
"fuck the hole in the face"
― me

Offline Talyn82

• Methuselah
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2020, 10:29:55 PM »
@Barabbah:  Is that the game where you ride on a motorcycle and beat people over the head?  If so I used to play that game a lot way back in years gone by.

@fylimar:  Mage Hawke is my favorite.  I found that the fight with the Arishok was easier as a mage than a warrior.  I want to replay a mage again but this time I want my Hawke to be sarcastic.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2020, 12:15:32 AM by Talyn82 »
Vae Victus! -Kain

Offline Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2020, 11:44:42 PM »
Three people on this topic without a job... these are trying times  :58_45_83:

I myself, being the funny dork that I am, decided to play Pathologic in the middle of a pandemic, as I've told Talyn before.

It's a russian game about three healers trying to stop a plague that is ravaging their hometown. As a game it has probably one of the most interesting and original stories I've ever seen in a videogame. It's a bit rough however, the gameplay is akin to a long walking simulator. A LOOOOONG walking simulator.

Offline Talyn82

• Methuselah
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2020, 12:14:49 AM »
@Highwayman667:  About playing Pathologic during a pandemic.  Before I settled on playing Witcher 2, I was thinking about playing Vampyr.  Which takes place during a pandemic.
Vae Victus! -Kain

Offline Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2020, 01:28:42 AM »
@Highwayman667:  About playing Pathologic during a pandemic.  Before I settled on playing Witcher 2, I was thinking about playing Vampyr.  Which takes place during a pandemic.

We are all funny people indeed :rofl: !

After finishing BG2 I want to give another try to a very notable RPG... Gothic !

Offline Talyn82

• Methuselah
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2020, 01:39:26 AM »
@Highwayman667:  Gothic is one of my favorite rpg's.  It's a pretty hard game in the beginning.  You have to be aware of where you are cause the enemies are tough in the beginning.  But by the end game you will cut through them like butter.  After that play Gothic II.  It's better than the first and bigger.  I never played the third one so I don't know anything about it.  But the key thing to remember is to take it slow, and if an npc tells you to stay out of certain areas then do so.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2020, 04:03:13 AM by Talyn82 »
Vae Victus! -Kain

Offline Barabbah

• Antediluvian
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2020, 07:47:11 AM »
Yes  :rock:

Regarding Gothic and Gothic II, good luck with them, they're worth every second. About the 3rd I haven't tried it yet but I know is absolutely HUGE
― me

Offline Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2020, 12:32:32 AM »
Thanks guys  :rock:

I believe nowadays it has to be patched and modded to be played in better resolutions and with a better control scheme ? If there's any recommendations please let me know so I may enjoy it to the fullest  :afro:

Offline Talyn82

• Methuselah
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2020, 02:23:44 AM »
When after I completed the games I searched for mods and found the site 'World of Gothic.'  It is had everything Gothic at the time.  I just went over there right now and it seems they are having technical issues.  If they fix it anytime soon I recommend going there:  https://www.worldofgothic.com/
Vae Victus! -Kain

Offline Barabbah

• Antediluvian
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2020, 10:28:05 AM »
Gothic and Gothic II (with the expansion) can be updated with a series of small fan patches to be installed in a particular order but I don't think they are necessary (unless maybe if you use win 10, I can't remember)

Gothic 3 on the other side was shipped incomplete like our favourite game and NEEDS the fan patch. Avoid the "official" expansion if you can (it was made by another developer which made the game even more unstable).

At this point the license was stolen "taken" by the new publisher who decided to take yet another developer to make a 4th game and its expansion. But these guys, experts in RTS games instead of RPG, made a disaster (despite the next gen graphics) so it was later rebranded as a different series called Arcania.

End of the story: the original developers (Pirañha Bytes) made another succesful trilogy (Risen), started another game (Elex), the old publisher bankrupted and lose the Gothic license which went back to its original developers.
― me

Offline Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2020, 03:19:24 PM »
I might be installing the "Player Kit" that Mandalore Gaming recommended. It apparently helps with resolution issues as well as frame rate.

And what do you guys think about the remake ? I've heard mixed opinions on the demo that came out a while ago.

Offline Barabbah

• Antediluvian
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2020, 03:33:50 PM »
I can't remember if it's a fan remake or fan remaster....
― me

Offline Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2020, 04:00:02 PM »
This one I mean:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal