collapse

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Vampyr  (Read 1631 times)

Offline Katapagan

• Methuselah
Vampyr
« on: June 13, 2017, 08:49:33 PM »
Vampyr is an Action-RPG game announced at E3. I have yet to read the details as I'm posting this right after I found out about it.

http://www.vampyr-game.com/

Offline Florence

• Ancillus
  • Dignitas
Re: Vampyr
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2017, 08:36:24 AM »
It looks like a really cool game
And I am kinda excited about it
But I guess you have only one character choice
And not in RPG style
Which is a bit disappointing
~ To rule in blood is to rule in truth. ~

Offline Raving_Neonate

• Rave.Period.
  • Antediluvian
  • Raving somewhere....
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2017, 12:58:25 PM »
I don't mind playing a single character. Let's just hope that the options/choices in the game will influence the plot in many different ways.
Me: "I love lollipops!"
WoD ST: "We don't allow lollipops, because we are too dark!"

Offline Jackie

• Fledgling
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2017, 08:32:43 AM »
Not related to your topic. I just come here because I really love vampire and some kind of cray fan with all kind of entertainment related to vampire. Now I'm playing some vampire game and reading vampire novel. Could you suggest me some? hmm PC game and novel (that is available on ebook, I like to read on online.) Thank you

Offline Raving_Neonate

• Rave.Period.
  • Antediluvian
  • Raving somewhere....
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2017, 07:57:44 AM »
Not related to your topic. I just come here because I really love vampire and some kind of cray fan with all kind of entertainment related to vampire. Now I'm playing some vampire game and reading vampire novel. Could you suggest me some? hmm PC game and novel (that is available on ebook, I like to read on online.) Thank you

My advice, pass all the three Anne Rice novels and Legacy of Cain. :)

Offline InTech

• Ancillus
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2017, 12:05:19 PM »
And not in RPG style

This but I'm curious if it actually has a morally subjective multi-path story, there's only a few games that have actually pulled that off (VTM:B being one of them).

Kind'a disappointing they went with the whole 'Vampire Powers' root I think it would have been interesting to have a Doctor with simply a 'terrible thirst' and had a character study while trying to recreate a feeling of the silent movie era.

Offline The Shadow Man

• Antediluvian
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2017, 12:25:50 PM »
And not in RPG style

This but I'm curious if it actually has a morally subjective multi-path story, there's only a few games that have actually pulled that off (VTM:B being one of them).

Kind'a disappointing they went with the whole 'Vampire Powers' root I think it would have been interesting to have a Doctor with simply a 'terrible thirst' and had a character study while trying to recreate a feeling of the silent movie era.

Whats wrong with Vampire powers? Bloodlines has Disciplines which is just Vampire powers with fancy names. Silents movies well maybe Nosferatu but honestly I've seen it and the opening is just weird, like not even in a good way, Orlok's presence is the only creepy thing really about it, to be fair that has lot to do with the time more than anything even so Matt Shreck's portrayal shines through its only thing that does to me. I've seen the remake too which was alright, would have been better if had an English dub or something, I don't speak German.

Offline InTech

• Ancillus
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2017, 10:24:10 PM »

Whats wrong with Vampire powers? Bloodlines has Disciplines which is just Vampire powers with fancy names. Silents movies well maybe Nosferatu but honestly I've seen it and the opening is just weird, like not even in a good way, Orlok's presence is the only creepy thing really about it, to be fair that has lot to do with the time more than anything even so Matt Shreck's portrayal shines through its only thing that does to me. I've seen the remake too which was alright, would have been better if had an English dub or something, I don't speak German.

There's nothing wrong with Vampire powers, magic in Bloodlines is context appropriate.

It's just that I've been following the game since it was in alpha and it kind of looked like they were going for that sort of subtle character study and now they've just added more and more 'stuff' to it.

I'm probably seeing the past through rose tinted glasses though so if your seeing it with fresh eyes and love it, that's great, don't let me take that away from you.

Also have you seen the John Malkovich's Shadow of the Vampire? It's a really good commentary on the film.

Offline The Shadow Man

• Antediluvian
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2017, 11:10:07 PM »
It's just that I've been following the game since it was in alpha and it kind of looked like they were going for that sort of subtle character study and now they've just added more and more 'stuff' to it.

I'm probably seeing the past through rose tinted glasses though so if your seeing it with fresh eyes and love it, that's great, don't let me take that away from you.
I think I see what your getting at, I've already per-ordered the game so it better be good. I feel that vampire powers are good for flavouring, they should add to a solid base, its the same reason why a vampire can be better than just a normal parasite or murderer, there's just more to it story wise.

Also have you seen the John Malkovich's Shadow of the Vampire? It's a really good commentary on the film.
I've heard of it and its on my watch list but I got a long watch list (which incidentally no where near as long as my read list), I'm just really bad at watching specific things (and reading in general really) trying to do better, not really working.

Offline InTech

• Ancillus
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2017, 10:20:37 PM »
I think I see what your getting at, I've already per-ordered the game so it better be good. I feel that vampire powers are good for flavouring, they should add to a solid base, its the same reason why a vampire can be better than just a normal parasite or murderer, there's just more to it story wise.
Well I look forward to your verdict I might wait awhile or at least until the first Let's Plays comes out.

I've heard of it and its on my watch list but I got a long watch list (which incidentally no where near as long as my read list), I'm just really bad at watching specific things (and reading in general really) trying to do better, not really working.
I get that, personally I get the feeling it's the blame of media saturation.
It's hard to even watch stuff I've specifically recorded now.

Offline Raving_Neonate

• Rave.Period.
  • Antediluvian
  • Raving somewhere....
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2017, 03:27:09 PM »
All that I want from Vampyr is a good story, solid characters and a good hook to keep you going. To me, everything else is less important.

Offline The Shadow Man

• Antediluvian
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2017, 03:31:18 PM »
Well I look forward to your verdict I might wait awhile or at least until the first Let's Plays comes out.
Well I was already excited for it, so far the game seems to be ticking many of my boxes, and they were offering a few pre-order incentives so I was look like fuck it, I'd most likely have forgot about it if I left it.

I get that, personally I get the feeling it's the blame of media saturation.
It's hard to even watch stuff I've specifically recorded now.
I've already ways been bad it to be honest, there's a number of films people often expect everyone to have watched and often I haven't even seen them. Though occasionally have moments, I watched the whole of Kindred: the Embraced, ok it didn't get passed one season but even so.

Offline brunopeople

• Fledgling
  • Nosferatu We are the eyes and ears of the Camarila
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2017, 01:40:09 AM »
i so sad that he was delayed!! there nothing good to play this year.

I think the developer is trying gain aprove to make a Legitime Vampire The Masquerade with this game. There is so much inspiration from Vampire on this game.

Offline The Shadow Man

• Antediluvian
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2017, 11:15:17 AM »

I think the developer is trying gain aprove to make a Legitime Vampire The Masquerade with this game. There is so much inspiration from Vampire on this game.

You think so? People seem to forgot there's plenty of Vampire stuff outside of Masquerade. There is plenty of stuff I like about Masquerade but I don't see any massive similarities between it and Vampyr, beyond the Vampiric basics that appear in almost all takes on vampires.

Offline Radical21

• Antediluvian
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2017, 12:07:32 PM »

Doubtful, Now more than ever they could have probably already negotiate with Paradox on that matter and also you seem to forget that Vampire the Masquerade is so complex that for indie developers its far easier to make a Vampire Diaries style game.

* Game Files