collapse

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: This gives me hope for a remake.  (Read 77 times)

Offline Talyn82

• Methuselah
This gives me hope for a remake.
« on: November 21, 2020, 08:10:53 am »
I am a huge Legacy of Kain fan since the first Blood Omen game in '96.  For years since the end of Defiance I've been wanting a continuation of the series.  At least one more game.  Sadly Tony Jay who voiced the Elder God passed away as well as the voice actor for Janos Audron.  Simon Templeman who voiced Kain is 65 and Michael Bell who voiced Raziel is in his 80's.  The rest of the cast is also pretty up there in age.  So I don't know if they'll have the same passion as they once did.

Anyway onto my point I wish Square-Enix would remake the games with the original voice track and story.  From the first game to the last.  I found a clip by a talented 3d Modeler who created Kain from scratch using modern graphics.  This gives me hope that one day there will indeed be a remake.

&index=25

Here's a remastered version of the original Soul Reaver intro:
&index=22
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 08:14:25 am by Talyn82 »
Vae Victus! -Kain

Offline Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
Re: This gives me hope for a remake.
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2020, 12:16:01 am »
Goddamnit those videos look sweet :rock:

Offline Talyn82

• Methuselah
Re: This gives me hope for a remake.
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2020, 03:23:49 am »
@Highwayman667:  Yeah man when I saw that sweet looking Kain model I imagined what Soul Reaver 1 would look like with updated graphics.  I am not a graphics whore but damn this Kain model looks sweet.  I imagine what Raziel as a vamp and then a wraith would look like. But like I said I can't imagine anyone else voicing these characters.  99% of the voice actors had been around since the original Blood Omen.  They have to use the same voice tracks for the remakes if and when they decide to make one.  Talking about Blood Omen 1 if they did remake it I would hope they revise Kain's fledgling look.  In the original game he always looked annoyed and lackluster.  I know Kain was a snobby and arrogant noble as a human but that look on his face was hilarious.  Hopefully Square-Enix will see the video and rekindle the possibility of a remake/s.
Vae Victus! -Kain

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal