collapse

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: The Vampire Watch  (Read 1426 times)

Offline andybica

• Fledgling
The Vampire Watch
« on: November 04, 2014, 04:46:37 PM »
Hello everybody, my name is Andy Bica and I am from Transylvania. I was for a long time fascinated by my vampire ancestors, and after lots of Traineeships in the watchmaking industry in Switzerland I decided to return in Transylvania and make the first and only watch brand from this land dedicated to its former great warlord, Vlad the Impeller also known as DRACULA.
The name of the brand is Peren and it means Imortal, everlasting, and the logo is a vertical semicircle oriented north with sharp peaks in the southern part, symbolizing the teeth of the legendary character Dracula.

The watches are now available at our Kickstarter only pricing of $190 CAD http://kck.st/1zIjw8x
www.perenwatches.com

I hope you will enjoy what I've created so far.

Offline Oscar

• Remember
  • Antediluvian
Re: The Vampire Watch
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2014, 05:08:58 PM »
Good looking watches, even though not really my kind of thing. I have been dreaming of automatic diver, a la seadweller or submariner.. maybe one day.

But I have to say; your watches don't really remind me anyhow of Vlad in other means than the name. Yes, it's nice brand name and great meaning, but how does this touch us if you know what I mean? :)

Maybe it would have bit more message if there was severed head in the logo or something. Now it's just clean nice looking watch but nothing exciting for me.
My father is Dirty Harry, my mother is Bloody Mary

Offline Nigama

• Dead
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2014, 09:19:41 PM »
I like the winding skeleton watches personally.  Although, that said, I'd never spend $40,000 on a watch.

If I were going to spend that kind of money, tho, this is what I'd spend it on:

http://www.arnoldandson.com/home/instrument-collection/time-pyramid/time-pyramid-ref-1tpass01ac124s.aspx

or

http://www.arminstrom.com/en/collections/one-week-skeleton/

I always have bad luck with watches, however.  My phone has been a far more reliable time keeper.

Nigama
If anyone wants to buy one for me as a present, just let me know and I'll send you the address to ship it to!   :rock:
« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 09:22:50 PM by Nigama »
"You may not remember us, but we may be responsible for your lack of memory."

Offline _username

• Got Stront?
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2014, 12:37:50 AM »
Wow.  What a bullshit sales pitch.
LUNA NOBIS PROVIDET

Offline Oscar

• Remember
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2014, 09:51:38 AM »
I always have bad luck with watches, however.  My phone has been a far more reliable time keeper.

If you can take the looks, buy digital only g-shock. You can't destroy it, unless you drop it to industrial meat grinder or something
My father is Dirty Harry, my mother is Bloody Mary

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal