collapse

Author Topic: The LOL Thread  (Read 132074 times)

Offline Oscar

• Remember
  • Antediluvian
Re: The LOL Thread
« Reply #2700 on: September 28, 2011, 07:38:30 AM »

This is so true :rofl:
My father is Dirty Harry, my mother is Bloody Mary

Offline Porphyria

• Antediluvian
« Reply #2701 on: September 28, 2011, 10:26:11 PM »
WIN! Right down to the broken english on the cardboard box. LOL

http://icanhascheezburger.com/2011/09/28/funny-pictures-no-more-freebies/

Offline Porphyria

• Antediluvian
« Reply #2702 on: September 28, 2011, 10:42:43 PM »

This is so true :rofl:

I soooo remember these days. I think I started begging for a Nintendo when I was 9. My friend Laura had one so we lived in her basement, pretty much all summer while she mastered getting the tanooki suit. For some reason we were allowed to listen to Guns n Roses "Get in the Ring" like non-stop, but her mom would not let us listen to Vanilla Ice, which was my pick, because it was a slang term for cocaine. I was like "wtf is cocaine?" Whatevs.

And then there is always that friend that is basically a loser but you only hung around with them because they had a Nintendo and you didn't. I never got the Nintendo. We always had computers, so I played Wing Commander the whole next summer and never invited her over. I ended up getting a SNES when I was 15 and already over it. I still played it though.

/nerdrant

Offline _username

• Got Stront?
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #2703 on: September 29, 2011, 05:43:43 AM »
LUNA NOBIS PROVIDET

Offline Rick Gentle

• Gangrel Playboy
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #2704 on: September 29, 2011, 06:07:35 AM »
Were we supposed to be amused by the pick-up lines or that freaky-eyed dog?

... and why did he keep addressing "Hey, guuuurrl..." to said freaky-eyed dog...?
Remember: It's not the size of your fangs that matters; it's what you stick them in.

Offline Oscar

• Remember
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #2705 on: September 29, 2011, 06:52:27 AM »
/nerdrant

I think I was around school age when we got NES, and I had no idea of it's existence before. I guess we lived in dark ages back then, or had "better" things to do than watch adverts from TV (back then, everyone didn't even have advert TV coverage).
God forbid if my parents didn't buy it though, I could be somewhere fixing my car or some generic shit like that. In way, I can thank NES, Turtles and all that for becoming the younger me that I still feel I am. Im never gonna grow up.. in that aspect.

Offline _username

• Got Stront?
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #2706 on: September 29, 2011, 07:15:55 AM »
Were we supposed to be amused by the pick-up lines or that freaky-eyed dog?

... and why did he keep addressing "Hey, guuuurrl..." to said freaky-eyed dog...?

I think it's a Husky / Border Collie mix.  My neighbor has one who looks a lot like that, though theirs didn't get the Husky eyes like the dog in the video.
LUNA NOBIS PROVIDET

Offline Nigama

• Dead
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #2707 on: September 29, 2011, 01:42:40 PM »
/nerdrant

I think I was around school age when we got NES, and I had no idea of it's existence before. I guess we lived in dark ages back then, or had "better" things to do than watch adverts from TV (back then, everyone didn't even have advert TV coverage).
God forbid if my parents didn't buy it though, I could be somewhere fixing my car or some generic shit like that. In way, I can thank NES, Turtles and all that for becoming the younger me that I still feel I am. Im never gonna grow up.. in that aspect.

Since we're sharing our NES stories..  :rock:  My mother met this guy who lived about an hour away, when the school year ended we moved in with him.  His daughter had a NES already and that was the first time I ever saw, touched, and played a NES.  Weren't a ton of games out then, it was not long after it was available here.  So we played Duck Hunt and Mario Bros. and the original (gold) Zelda.  Turns out that guy was a huge dick once we moved in, and so we were out by the end of the summer, at which point my sister broke her leg while we were at a Drive In movie theater (there was a lil playground under the screen).  My mom didn't believe my sister broke her leg at first and she felt guilty, so I told my sister to ask for a NES..hahaha... which she did and then we spent EVERY hour of EVERY day playing it until we had to go back to school.  Ah good times.  All we had before the NES awesomeness was some crappy games on Atari (pong n'such) and I had a Commodore 64 I messed with, but the NES blew them all out of the water.  Glad to see the company is still around, they certainly brought me years of enjoyment.

Nigama
"You may not remember us, but we may be responsible for your lack of memory."

Offline Porphyria

• Antediluvian
« Reply #2708 on: September 29, 2011, 03:45:05 PM »

Since we're sharing our NES stories..  :rock:  My mother met this guy who lived about an hour away, when the school year ended we moved in with him.  His daughter had a NES already and that was the first time I ever saw, touched, and played a NES.  Weren't a ton of games out then, it was not long after it was available here.  So we played Duck Hunt and Mario Bros. and the original (gold) Zelda.  Turns out that guy was a huge dick once we moved in, and so we were out by the end of the summer, at which point my sister broke her leg while we were at a Drive In movie theater (there was a lil playground under the screen).  My mom didn't believe my sister broke her leg at first and she felt guilty, so I told my sister to ask for a NES..hahaha... which she did and then we spent EVERY hour of EVERY day playing it until we had to go back to school.  Ah good times.  All we had before the NES awesomeness was some crappy games on Atari (pong n'such) and I had a Commodore 64 I messed with, but the NES blew them all out of the water.  Glad to see the company is still around, they certainly brought me years of enjoyment.

Nigama

LOL Awesome! The covetous things NES did to children's minds back then. It was a powerful force. I don't even know why it was such a big deal to me back then. We had a commodore 64 with like literally 150 games. (or what seemed like it) and at one point we had both that and we were rocking the 386 computer too. I have a sister and we didn't tend to be spoiled too badly because my parents were big into buying something for both of us, so it didn't happen as often. We had it pretty good though. I think that was the summer we also both got Pogo Balls to appease us (Remeber those!? LOL)

Offline Oscar

• Remember
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #2709 on: September 29, 2011, 08:50:33 PM »

Offline Nigama

• Dead
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #2710 on: September 30, 2011, 12:30:21 AM »
Right back at you.  Only the Japanese:

http://naurunappula.com/482645/boobsit.jpg
"You may not remember us, but we may be responsible for your lack of memory."

Offline _username

• Got Stront?
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #2711 on: September 30, 2011, 11:02:01 AM »
1. Take a racial stereotype
2. Own it
3. Turn it up to 11

Comedy gold!

BLACK MAN ANGRY AT KFC
LUNA NOBIS PROVIDET

Offline Oscar

• Remember
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #2712 on: September 30, 2011, 03:47:21 PM »

Offline Saintly pants

• Golcondanite
  • Ancillus
« Reply #2713 on: September 30, 2011, 09:21:22 PM »
You know, the day i got my NES might have been the day my life went into the wrong direction seeing how terminally nerdy i am today.  I can't imagine an existence without games. I literally get stressed out and  constipated if the internet is down.

And since i got my DS and got all teary eyed from Phoenix Wright things got worse because now i'm an otaku as well!

I seem to remember i was actually interested in reality before the NES.
Try to limit your damage.

Offline Nosferatu Numbers Station

• Concealer of a dead language
  • Methuselah
« Reply #2714 on: October 02, 2011, 02:29:43 AM »
For when you want to die with a guise of innocence.

Or your an accomplished malk, whatever floats your boat.
If you put your head to a pipe, you can always hear ringing.  But whether it's the pipe or your head that's ringing is the question.