collapse

Author Topic: The complaint thread  (Read 170065 times)

Offline [archive] Year_of_the_Scarab

• Ancillus
Re: The complaint thread
« on: March 25, 2005, 03:26:00 PM »
                Seeing as the world is a happy and wonderful place, many of us born complainers are irritated beyond belief. But since bitterness and irritation are not welcomed in most places, we are often forced to get past our miscontent and actually become a better person.

This must not be.

Ladies and gentlemen, I proudly give you - the complaint thread (expect this to be unconstructive, pointless and closed soon). Instead of disrupting existing disscussions you can post your mispleasure here, for whatever reason.

First off, I'm sick of this winter. I mean crap, it's nearing the end of March, and there's fricken snow outside here. What? Am I supposed to grow a pelt or something? Become eskimo? Enough is enough. We get it already - winter is cold. Understood. Winter, should you be reading this: YOU. CAN. LEAVE. I'm tired of people on the streets sneezing and coughing all around the place, it's just plain disgusting.

Secondly - Troika closing down (I didn't say this thread can't be repeative, did I). How does this work? You produce a good game, which many a WoD fan has been waiting for longer than Michael Jackson could stay away from a lawsuit, and then what? They loose funding. But BioWare is doing juuust fine. I've seen some screens from Jade Empire - which by the way is an affront to the majority of their PC players - and am not impressed. Scantly clad ninja women (in ancient Japan no less, get the fuck outta here) and - this is no joke - additional content for those who purchase it earlier. Yeah, yeah I know, market rules. Still - basically if you don't get a "limited edition" copy you're getting less for your buck, "cos the man said so". I heard a song at the mall today, it was about a girl mind you, but the chorus went something like "If there's any justice in the world..." - to this I say - "...then it has a sick sense of humour".  

Something different. People reportedly voting for nazis in Germany. I'm not even going into why on earth that's an option, but how short sighted must one be to give those "people" one's voice? It's not even like the repercussions of WW II are long gone and forgotten for sanity's sake. What will it take for national extremists to get finally prohibited by law for good? Hell, there's ample evidence of the destructivism of such movements even today, all around and on your TV screen. But does the intelligent part of the world do anything? No, instead the French vote for LePenn. Great. Nice world we're building for our children, keep on truckin'.

And what's the deal with this Matrix-online ad on the right side of this page anyway? Must it give me that crappy dialog from the overly crappy moveie every single time I open a new window? Is that supposed to change my opinion and make me run to the nearest store to buy that pretentious title, just so I can hear more?

Finally - I'studying law, but what exams do I need to take? Crimonology, pathology and bio. I' supposed to become a law advisor (don't know how that's called in english, sue me. I'll defend myself and get you to pay me reperations) or an attorney or whatever, not AGATHA CHRISTIE. What in the world do I need pathology for as an attorney? I'm in - and going to remain in - real estate. I don't want to become an advisor to the cast of CSI or something.

(door slamming)

peace (like hell.)                        

Offline [archive] menkeystat

• Fledgling
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2005, 12:03:00 AM »
                I hate people.  There's not much more I can say than that.  Sure, there's a handful of persons that are worth my time, and sure I've got friends who are quite respectable, but for the most part, people are an utterly worthless rabble, constantly bickering about pointless things and greatly overestimating their existence.                        

Offline [archive] TheVampireDante

• Methuselah
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2005, 12:56:00 PM »
                In Reply To #2
 I`m complaing about the lack of people complaining on this thread!
 Oh, and the price of motorcycles. WAY too high for anything decent.                        

-----signature-----
           All around are lights, you will find me far from them.    

Offline [archive] Janskuli

• Fledgling
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2005, 04:17:00 PM »
                In Reply To #2

I second that.                        

Offline [archive] Skyra_to_Hollow

• Antediluvian
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2005, 08:45:00 PM »
                What Stat said.

Plus, I hate clowns.  Creepy fuckers.                        

-----signature-----
           Regards,
 Skyra to Hollow
 Site Director, www.PlanetVampire.com

• Methuselah
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2005, 09:24:00 PM »
                In Reply To #5
 Got that right! Ever seen IT?                        

-----signature-----

• Methuselah
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2005, 01:10:00 PM »
                In Reply To #10
 Plus, when passed down, the stories and info could have been misinterpreted or altered to fit with the writers opinions, plus some langauges don`t have direct translations, so others are subsituted in place and the whole meaning is lost.

I steer clear of religion if I can, but I had to pitch in.

And about your added complaint, I second that.                        

-----signature-----

Offline [archive] Signothorn

• Antediluvian
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2005, 08:01:00 AM »
                In Reply To #5

Skyra to Hollow posted:

What Stat said.

Plus, I hate clowns.  Creepy fuckers.

Ditto on the clowns.                        

Offline [archive] Grendel8101

• Methuselah
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2005, 10:40:00 AM »
                I hate working for a living.  And trying to balance that with classes.  And exercise.  I just want to play videogames all day without any expense and get washboard abs without all the fuss.  Basically I hate having to do anything.                        

Offline [archive] dalver

• Ancillus
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2005, 10:57:00 AM »
                I think I might be opening a can of worms here but I will say this nonetheless!

Ok, there are intelectuals, who have extensively been researching religious texts who say, that the reason for there being so many religions in the world is because of the fallibility of man. And that the "other" religions were man-created and false. And then say that the only true religion is X and that the word of God is in text X or book X. I find this a very strange point of view as there is nothing pointing to the validity or lack thereof of any ONE religion or text being more true than any other.

We fallible men make an active choice in what we choose to believe or not. Especially true for researchers. And to agree with this statement and then go on the record and say that this is the only true one... aw that is such a grand show of narrowmindedness and stupidity that it makes me sick! SICK I TELL YOU!

So I want to complain about narrowmindedness and stupidity, because it is spreading like wildfire and it needs to be STOPPED!

GROWL!                        

-----signature-----
           in vitae veritas    

Offline [archive] Grendel8101

• Methuselah
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2005, 11:06:00 AM »
                Basing religion on texts is stupid anyway.  Three of the largest religions in the world, Judaism, Islam, and Christianity share many of the same stories in their respective holy books.  
   Plus all these texts were carried down through word of mouth for centuries, were sometimes written in one language only to have that language die and the story translated into another language.  A lot of meaning in these stories can be lost that way.

[added Mar 28 2005  7:03AM]

And while I've got myself complaining, does anyone else really hate getting up in the morning?  What's the point?  Why can't I sleep till noon every day, work for 2 hours, play some games and go back to bed?  Society sucks.                        

• Fledgling
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2005, 01:21:00 PM »
                In Reply To #9

montnoir posted:
So I want to complain about narrowmindedness and stupidity, because it is spreading like wildfire and it needs to be STOPPED!

I would like to complain about the disconnectedness from history in our post-modern era.                        

Offline [archive] Year_of_the_Scarab

• Ancillus
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2005, 01:53:00 PM »
                Ah, religion.

I'd hate to step on anybody's toes with this, but then again that's why this thread is called what it is.

The way some see it, religions were created as a way of  controling the populace before there was Microsoft. Whether one believes in a allmighty deity, reincarnation or anything else is their personal bussiness.

Either way religion as we know it today was passed over to next generations through centuries, undergoing alterations and adjustments, often coming to contradictions within themselves. Take Christianism for instance. The whole religion is based upon such statements as "god is infallible", "all are equal in god's eyes" and "man cannot comprehend the will of god". And that's ok, if it works for them it's all great, no problem. But then, much as montnoir said, when so called "experts" on interpreting the will of god begin adding meanings and ideologies to given texts it's just creating a paradox. And to top it all - flat out proclaiming other religions false is just being pretentious.

We, as a race, seem to be damned with hypocrisy, selective logic and a severe case of tunnelvision.

peace                        

• Fledgling
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2005, 06:16:00 PM »
                In Reply To #13

Lancea Sanctum posted:

We, as a race, seem to be damned with hypocrisy, selective logic and a severe case of tunnelvision.

Hey, pot.  Kettle called earlier, something about you being black.                        

Offline [archive] Signothorn

• Antediluvian
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2005, 09:47:00 PM »
                In Reply To #14

I don't like the fact my cat gets an erection when I hold him, cats shouldn't be like that. I don't care that he's gay but why must he flaunt it?