collapse

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Warhammer 40K: Eternal Crusade MMO  (Read 2346 times)

Offline Rick Gentle

• Gangrel Playboy
  • Antediluvian
Warhammer 40K: Eternal Crusade MMO
« on: December 10, 2014, 03:52:53 AM »
https://www.eternalcrusade.com/

Games Workshop has conspicuously NOT widely announced (at least not in the channels I frequent) that they're supporting another massively-multiplayer online role-playing game set in the universe of Warhammer 40K, entitled Eternal Crusade. (What this title has to do with the Orks, Eldar, and Tyranids they're putting in the game remains unclear.)
Okay, so you fans of Warhammer 40K are probably as not-excited as I was to hear that Games Workshop is trying their hand at another WH40K MMO, after seeing that nothing happened with Dark Millennium. On the other hand, it looks like they're more committed to this MMO, and are keeping lots of the same traits we saw in clips of Dark Millennium (including the slightly-cartoonish art style for units and buildings). The premise of the game, like Dawn of War: Dark Crusade (*cough*stuckonthenamingstructurejustabitaren'twe*cough*cough*) is that every single tabletop race in the galaxy** descends upon one little world to duke it out because of Big Mysterious Prizes. From what little I've seen of gameplay and player-characters so far, they're basically making an MMO out of Space Marine multiplayer, and throwing in more races. And wasn't Space Marine multiplayer just so much FUN?
This might turn out to be nothing as well, but already it's looking better than Dark Millennium ever did. They're already offering pre-order packs full of shiny cash-shop-y goodness (Salivate, Valamyr, salivate. Or if it wasn't Valamyr, whoever out there actually LIKED cash shops), and they're publishing a god-awful lot of podcasts covering the development of Eternal Crusade, so I'm guessing they're more invested in this than they were in Dark Millennium.
So the link to the main page with the cinematic teaser video is at the top. Thoughts?

*they've already announced that they're going to be adding in more tabletop races. Before they've even completed the five they're already swearing will be in at launch. My guess is that Tyranids will be the next playable race, followed directly by Imperial Guardsmen. Then it'll be a giant clusterf*ck of fighting over all the same missions like Dawn of War II: Retribution was! Won't that be fun??
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 03:59:20 AM by Rick Gentle »
Remember: It's not the size of your fangs that matters; it's what you stick them in.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal