collapse

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: The Bioware Spot  (Read 10429 times)

Online Wilhelm-Streicher

• Methuselah
Re: The Bioware Spot
« Reply #465 on: May 23, 2020, 05:45:48 PM »
Quote from: Highwayman667 link=topic=8137.msg153702#msg1
[size=1em
Oh you know you loved picking those submachinegun assholes with biotic powers and throw them off balconies.[/size] And removing their shields and fighting hand to hand with Kai-Leng and his ninjas. You have to admit they were fun to fight against  :cool:  !
Of course Cerberus are needed for human (like) enemies because humans prefer to kill humans than everything elsebut the Reaper should be the clearly the main baddies and not Cerberus.
Also think about alle the possible Husk variants from all the races. What will a Drell, Quarian or Vorcha Husk looklike?

I do understand a bit however. It did seem a bit left field that they were introduced as this massive enemy force in ME3, very unlike the Cerberus we've known in the past games. Then again, they do provide answers as to how they have such an army and resources now.
To be fair they explain this. Most Cerberus units are civilians to turn into husk soldiers in places like Sanctuary.

I think Miranda handwaves the entire thing away with the "rogue cells" argument
:rofl:
And she didn´t know that her father and TIM are good friends. Miranda isn´t that perfect but still it woulda missed opportunity that she wasn´t a ME 3 squadmate.

Online Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
« Reply #466 on: May 23, 2020, 08:09:26 PM »
Of course Cerberus are needed for human (like) enemies because humans prefer to kill humans than everything elsebut the Reaper should be the clearly the main baddies and not Cerberus. Also think about alle the possible Husk variants from all the races. What will a Drell, Quarian or Vorcha Husk looklike?

They would've been fantastic ! Though people at the BSN are discussing wether a remaster or a remake is perhaps a possibility. I think either of those (more likely the remaster) would be a great opportunity to create new content like that.

And she didn´t know that her father and TIM are good friends. Miranda isn´t that perfect but still it woulda missed opportunity that she wasn´t a ME 3 squadmate.

It was the price we had to pay for the Suicide Mission unfortunately. I did wanted Miranda to be a squadmate in ME3, specially since she was my romantic interest, but I think they made the right choice in the end. The way it was done allowed Mass Effect 2 to have real consequences.

Online Wilhelm-Streicher

• Methuselah
« Reply #467 on: May 23, 2020, 09:55:54 PM »
They would've been fantastic ! Though people at the BSN are discussing wether a remaster or a remake is perhaps a possibility. I think either of those (more likely the remaster) would be a great opportunity to create new content like that.
I don´t think that Mass Effect 2 and 3 will be more than remaster. So no new stuff but the graphics looks better.
Mass Effect 1 i could see as full remake.

It was the price we had to pay for the Suicide Mission unfortunately. I did wanted Miranda to be a squadmate in ME3, specially since she was my romantic interest, but I think they made the right choice in the end. The way it was done allowed Mass Effect 2 to have real consequences.
I disagree of course you can´t bring all 12 ME 2 Squadmates but atleast the romances should have return.Sorry i mean just Miranda and Jack. Jacob nobody cares and most people who have hated if he is returning squadmate rather welleveryone else who isn´t. And Thane would be cool but i totally unterstand he can´t be a big help anymore.

Last but not least if Miranda had returned Bioware doesn´t have to make Ashley into the next Miranda.

Online Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
« Reply #468 on: May 24, 2020, 02:02:48 AM »
Last but not least if Miranda had returned Bioware doesn´t have to make Ashley into the next Miranda.

Oh come on, not you too Wilhelm :rofl:

It's not like Miranda and Ashley looked like strippers. They just got a little makeover.

Online Wilhelm-Streicher

• Methuselah
« Reply #469 on: May 24, 2020, 04:19:44 PM »
Oh come on, not you too Wilhelm :rofl:

It's not like Miranda and Ashley looked like strippers. They just got a little makeover.
Yeah me too. I hate Ashley ME 3 Design. Ash is a female Soldier first and not second oversexualized version of Miranda.

Online Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
« Reply #470 on: May 24, 2020, 04:27:03 PM »
Yeah me too. I hate Ashley ME 3 Design. Ash is a female Soldier first and not second oversexualized version of Miranda.

OH COME ON :rofl: !

Talyn and Fyli, bring your roleplaying asses here and tell me if this oversexualized:

Online Wilhelm-Streicher

• Methuselah
« Reply #471 on: May 24, 2020, 04:35:34 PM »

Online Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
« Reply #472 on: May 24, 2020, 04:48:15 PM »

Classic scene, I can't ever dare to miss it :rofl:

Online Talyn82

• Methuselah
« Reply #473 on: May 24, 2020, 07:33:39 PM »
I don't think she's oversexualized, but the change from the first game to the last game is drastic.  I only played up to the Citadel in the original game, but does her personality change throughout the games that it warrants the change? I agree she is first and foremost a soldier, and I've known known and seen women from the military and they don't look like her in ME3, at least not while on duty.

Online Wilhelm-Streicher

• Methuselah
« Reply #474 on: May 24, 2020, 08:04:34 PM »
I only played up to the Citadel in the original game, but does her personality change throughout the games that it warrants the change?.
No. Even her englisch voice actress Kimberly Brooks dislike the unneeded change.
Its quite obvious what happen in ME 3 someone in Bioware / EA wanted a similar visual appearance as Miranda butthe strange thing is if they needed a Miranda-like character why not use Miranda?

Online Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
« Reply #475 on: May 24, 2020, 10:34:47 PM »
Because Miranda could've been dead by ME3 and there was no other essential character to replace her. Whereas Ashley could've been replaced with Kaidan, lines and part and everything.

Offline fylimar

• Antediluvian
« Reply #476 on: May 24, 2020, 10:43:40 PM »
I'm sorry, but I have no interest in discussing Mass Effect and I didn't follow the posts really, but if it is about Ashley:She is a stupid racist, being oversexualized is the last of her problems.
I do find some of the female characters in games annoying. No one would go fighting with their boobs hanging out or without a pant - I'm looking at you,  Morrigan, Isabela. I mostly ignore Morrigan, but Isabela always gets real clothing from me (because I like her despite her being clearly oversexualized).
There is a picture of a guy in some kind of chainmail thingy that looks like those, women tend to get in games, animes and stuff and it looked hilarious. I don't find the pick anymore, but it was mature stuff anyway.
Iwant more practical dresses and armors in games. And if it is a bit more open, then a t least make it realistic, like for example Miras outfit in KOTOR 2 (that was actually nice).
« Last Edit: May 24, 2020, 10:52:08 PM by fylimar »
“They can keep their heaven. When I die, I’d sooner go to Middle Earth.” ― George R.R. Martin

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."
― Doctor Who

Online Wilhelm-Streicher

• Methuselah
« Reply #477 on: May 24, 2020, 10:48:53 PM »
Because Miranda could've been dead by ME3 and there was no other essential character to replace her. Whereas Ashley could've been replaced with Kaidan, lines and part and everything.
First you can also lost Garrus & Tali. And they have a lower survival rate than Miranda which has the highest.If you lost Garrus nobody replace him and Tali is only replaced in the quarian mission with Admiral Raan who of course isn´t a squadmate.

Online Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
« Reply #478 on: May 24, 2020, 11:13:59 PM »
First you can also lost Garrus & Tali. And they have a lower survival rate than Miranda which has the highest.If you lost Garrus nobody replace him and Tali is only replaced in the quarian mission with Admiral Raan who of course isn´t a squadmate.

You're talking about Garrus & Tali though. Absolute fan favorites. FAR MORE beloved than any other new character in ME2.

I'm on your side, I would've had a couple of squaddies from ME2 as well but nobody had as a great a following as Garrus, Tali and the Virmire Survivor.

Another factor that has to be taken into account was that ME3 was developed under a tighter schedule. So it was probably in the realm of possibility to get ME2 squaddies in ME3 if Bioware had been given more time, maybe not.

I'm sorry, but I have no interest in discussing Mass Effect and I didn't follow the posts really, but if it is about Ashley:She is a stupid racist, being oversexualized is the last of her problems.

Man people are just angry as hell today
:rofl:
« Last Edit: Today at 04:30:50 AM by Highwayman667 »

Online Talyn82

• Methuselah
« Reply #479 on: Today at 04:05:01 AM »
@Highwayman667:  I know I don't have much experience with the games characters, but I liked Wrex, Tali, and Garrus.  Wrex and his people remind me of Canderous Ordo and the Mandalorians from the KOTOR games.  Both were the scourges of the galaxy, and now they are scattered, broken, and leaderless, and having to resort themselves to mercenary work.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal