collapse

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: The Bioware Spot  (Read 10413 times)

Online Talyn82

• Methuselah
Re: The Bioware Spot
« Reply #450 on: May 09, 2020, 11:28:03 PM »
@Highwayman667:  Speaking of Baldur's Gate.  Did you complete the second one?  If so what did you think?

Haven't yet ! Pathologic is goddamn eternal  :58_83:

No problem.  Have fun with your game.

But I refuse to leave it hanging, it's a brilliant game and I will certainly finish it once I'm done with this weird russian game.

Online Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
« Reply #451 on: May 10, 2020, 07:04:39 PM »
No problem.  Have fun with your game.

And you know Blood Omen is coming after BG2  :cool:  ! Thanks again Talyn.

AND BY THE WAY...

Mr Wilhelm-Streicher specially.

Why the hell... are we talking about a Mass Effect remake / HD remake whatevah...

When we should actually... and very possibly get...

A FULL KOTOR REMAKE ?

I think we deserve it !

Offline fylimar

• Antediluvian
« Reply #452 on: May 10, 2020, 08:35:36 PM »
A KOTOR remake would be great.
“They can keep their heaven. When I die, I’d sooner go to Middle Earth.” ― George R.R. Martin

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."
― Doctor Who

Online Wilhelm-Streicher

• Methuselah
« Reply #453 on: May 10, 2020, 10:01:22 PM »

A FULL KOTOR REMAKE ?
"Very possibly" ?!? That is very optimistic i must say. I doubt that.
I prefer Kotor 2 over Kotor 1 but if they really do this why not?

Online Talyn82

• Methuselah
« Reply #454 on: May 10, 2020, 11:36:24 PM »

A FULL KOTOR REMAKE ?
"Very possibly" ?!? That is very optimistic i must say. I doubt that.
I prefer Kotor 2 over Kotor 1 but if they really do this why not?

While I am happy to here of a KOTOR remake.  Though I wish someone other than Disney and EA develop it.  Like you I enjoyed the second one more, and would love to see it remade with all of the cut content restored, and developed by Obsidian with Chris Avellone.  I still play K2 with the restored content mod, but I want a proper ending.  Even with the restored content the ending leaves much to be desired.  Oh and if she's still alive they have to bring back Sarah Kestelman, she was perfect as Kreia.  In fact if they could, bring back all the voice actors they were all great.

Online Wilhelm-Streicher

• Methuselah
« Reply #455 on: May 10, 2020, 11:56:36 PM »
Though I wish someone other than Disney and EA develop it.
Well Disney owns Star Wars but i don´t think that they will extend the Star Wars Deal  so the EA era will end 2023.
We will get of course a Fallen Order 2, one-two SWTOR Addons and maybe a Battlefront 3.

Even with the restored content the ending leaves much to be desired.
Everything after the very powerful Jedi Enclave and Atris could really used more time to polish. Bao Dur´s disappearance and possible death was strange. Speaking of the Jedi Enclave the theme is perfect.

Online Talyn82

• Methuselah
« Reply #456 on: May 11, 2020, 03:15:29 AM »
@Wilhem:  Yeah that's one of my favorite music pieces from the game.  There is also another but since I am trying to avoid posting spoilers because Highwayman667 has not played it yet.  But my other favorite music piece from the game is when a certain cinematic plays explaining a certain companions backstory.

As for the game needing polishing after the Enclave and Atris I agree.  Like I always said the restored content mod does restore some cut content but not everything that was planned.  Still even before the restored content mod was released KOTOR 2 was my favorite out of the two games.  I love my cocky smartass Jedi Exile. 

As for SWTOR I forgot about that game.  When I get to play it I do enjoy it I just ignore the Revan and Exile story arcs.  In my head canon Revan was darkside and the Exile lightside.  Last I played I was playing the Sith Warrior story, but haven't finished.  I sometimes feel bad at being evil. lol

Since this whole thing with the virus started I have not had the chance to play SWTOR, since I moved in with my parents to take care of them during the quarantine. 

Online Wilhelm-Streicher

• Methuselah
« Reply #457 on: May 21, 2020, 09:33:30 PM »
I recently played Mass Effect 3 and whole trilogy again because well i have to kill time.I still love Mass Effect 3 and with all the dlcs its a great game but even i must say that its weird
that no one from Mass Effect 2 squadmate returns for Mass Effect 3.
I get it that you can´t have all back because of limited ressources (time and money) but come onatleast Miranda and Jack should be back in ME 3.
And last but not least i still think that Mass Effect 2 is overrated. Maybe it´s the best Mass Effect game on its own but
for pure story point of view it´s the worst within the trilogy.

Online Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
« Reply #458 on: May 21, 2020, 10:21:24 PM »
I recently played Mass Effect 3 and whole trilogy again because well i have to kill time.I still love Mass Effect 3 and with all the dlcs its a great game but even i must say that its weird that no one from Mass Effect 2 squadmate returns for Mass Effect 3. I get it that you can´t have all back because of limited ressources (time and money) but come onatleast Miranda and Jack should be back in ME 3. And last but not least i still think that Mass Effect 2 is overrated. Maybe it´s the best Mass Effect game on its own but
for pure story point of view it´s the worst within the trilogy.

Mass Effect 2 is a very weird sci-fi story. It's probably a very unique example of what Chris Avellone once said about stories in videogames, about how no matter what type of story you may write into a game, the thing that will matter the most is the player's experience with it (huuuge paraphrasing). I can't honestly think of a better example of this mindset than Mass Effect 2.

I mean... the game's main plot is thin as fuck.

Shepard gets brought back by Cerberus --> Shepard forms a team to fight The Collectors --> Shepard defeats the Collectors. That's it !

And yet I find the storytelling to be beautiful and understandably why most of the fans like it: it's a group of character pieces all about violent people that have been alienated from galactic society. Garrus is a vigilante, Jack is a killer, Tali gets accused of treason, Zaeed is a killer, Grunt is an abandoned experiment, Thane is a killer, Kasumi wants justice for her husband, Miranda's a killer, Jacob wants to accomplish what the alliance can't, Mordin's a killer.

You get the picture :rofl:

Online Wilhelm-Streicher

• Methuselah
« Reply #459 on: May 21, 2020, 10:45:56 PM »
I mean... the game's main plot is thin as fuck. ...
And yet I find the storytelling to be beautiful and understandably why most of the fans like it: it's a group of character pieces all about violent people that have been alienated from galactic society. Garrus is a vigilante, Jack is a killer, Tali gets accused of treason, Zaeed is a killer, Grunt is an abandoned experiment, Thane is a killer, Kasumi wants justice for her husband, Miranda's a killer, Jacob wants to accomplish what the alliance can't, Mordin's a killer.
And that´s the problem. As standalone Mass Effect its great but as second part of a trilogy?
For me it was very disappointing that the main story wasn´t that important for whole trilogy.Theoretically you skip Mass Effect 2 and won´t miss that much if you don´t care for the characters.
The whole resurrection of Shepard was form a story view pointless and Cerberus at the end becoming the bad guys again.I would argue only the stuff about Mordin, Legion, Tali, Wrex / Wreav and maybe Shadow Broker were important for the overall plot.Everything else is neat but not that relevant for Mass Effect 1 and 3.

Online Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
« Reply #460 on: May 21, 2020, 10:56:45 PM »
And that´s the problem. As standalone Mass Effect its great but as second part of a trilogy? For me it was very disappointing that the main story wasn´t that important for whole trilogy.Theoretically you skip Mass Effect 2 and won´t miss that much if you don´t care for the characters. The whole resurrection of Shepard was form a story view pointless and Cerberus at the end becoming the bad guys again.I would argue only the stuff about Mordin, Legion, Tali, Wrex / Wreav and maybe Shadow Broker were important for the overall plot.Everything else is neat but not that relevant for Mass Effect 1 and 3.

I have to disagree there. The second one introduces Cerberus and The Illusive Man, both of which play a huge role in Mass Effect 3 and ultimately serve as a foundation to the "Control" choice. The institution and the character are the best examples of the "Renegade Stance" and how it may serve humanity.

The resurrection bit I can understand why you'd contest it, but ask yourself: what other reasonable ways would you have had to have Shepard (and the player) ingratiate themselves and bond with Cerberus without something as groundbreaking as being brought back to life ? Some huuuuge hoops would've needed to be jumped to place Shepard at Cerberus in Mass Effect 2; without the resurrection bit at least.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2020, 11:00:00 PM by Highwayman667 »

Online Wilhelm-Streicher

• Methuselah
« Reply #461 on: May 21, 2020, 11:17:40 PM »
I have to disagree there. The second one introduces Cerberus and The Illusive Man, both of which play a huge role in Mass Effect 3 and ultimately serve as a foundation to the "Control" choice. The institution and the character are the best examples of the "Renegade Stance" and how it may serve humanity.
Okay you know more about Cerberus in ME 2 but if you think about it does it really matter?
At the end of Mass Effect 2 if you pick Paragon (which majority of players would likely have chosen) and the beginning of Mass Effect 3they are still the bad guys featured in Mass Effect 1 only more flesh out of course.

The resurrection bit I can understand why you'd contest it, but ask yourself: what other reasonable ways would you have had to have Shepard (and the player) ingratiate themselves and bond with Cerberus without something as groundbreaking as being brought back to life ? Some huuuuge hoops would've needed to be jumped to place Shepard at Cerberus in Mass Effect 2; without the resurrection bit at least.
First my Akuze Shepards would never work with Cerberus but i haven´t any control in this.Second i see the whole resurrection part just a simple solution to restart Shepards skill and start at Level 1 becauseof the Mass Effect 1 feedback Bioware clearly have to change the combat gameplay.

A third theoretically Bioware could still used Cerberus and focus on them in Mass Effect 2 but in a different Mass Effect 2.One where the main goal wasn´t about stopping the collectors but finding the plans for something which stops the Reapers.
Maybe the plans for the Crucible which was a bit rushed in Mass Effect 3.

Online Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
« Reply #462 on: May 21, 2020, 11:53:45 PM »
Okay you know more about Cerberus in ME 2 but if you think about it does it really matter? At the end of Mass Effect 2 if you pick Paragon (which majority of players would likely have chosen) and the beginning of Mass Effect 3they are still the bad guys featured in Mass Effect 1 only more flesh out of course.

Remember the Mars scene near the end ? Where TIM first appears in Mass Effect 3 ?

If you haven't played Mass Effect 2 then you've no idea who he is or what he wants, what he has accomplished with Shepard or why he might be indoctrinated. You also can't understand what the collector artifacts are when you assault Cerberus' base and you've no idea how this organization went from a small group of cells in ME1 to a massive army with huge resources in ME3 and neither can you speculate on what their goals might be.

I understand though, ME2 is a bit of an isolated story but the Cerberus bit is important in my opinion.

First my Akuze Shepards would never work with Cerberus but i haven´t any control in this.Second i see the whole resurrection part just a simple solution to restart Shepards skill and start at Level 1 becauseof the Mass Effect 1 feedback Bioware clearly have to change the combat gameplay.

A third theoretically Bioware could still used Cerberus and focus on them in Mass Effect 2 but in a different Mass Effect 2.One where the main goal wasn´t about stopping the collectors but finding the plans for something which stops the Reapers. Maybe the plans for the Crucible which was a bit rushed in Mass Effect 3.

That's the whole point though, because Akuze (cool name) and my own Samuel Shepard would've never joined up with Cerberus either. As a writer however, would you have let a story like that just pass you by ? Hell nah son !

I do agree about how the resurrection also fitted with the whole level 1 restart... at least WHY they did it though, because I never saw the point.

People don't have actual levels in real life, it's just a game mechanic. None of us are mad when we pause, load / save and do other stuff that the game allows us to do and yet requires no damn explanation to the plot itself.
Whatevah, it's over :rofl:
« Last Edit: May 21, 2020, 11:56:38 PM by Highwayman667 »

Online Wilhelm-Streicher

• Methuselah
« Reply #463 on: May 22, 2020, 08:55:49 PM »
If you haven't played Mass Effect 2 then you've no idea who he is or what he wants, what he has accomplished with Shepard or why he might be indoctrinated.
Ok does it really matter? TIM and his organization are still the bad guys. Of course you have explain more his motivation butit could be done in Mass Effect 3.

You also can't understand what the collector artifacts are when you assault Cerberus' base and you've no idea how this organization went from a small group of cells in ME1 to a massive army with huge resources in ME3 and neither can you speculate on what their goals might be.
Too be honest i really hate that Bioware made Cerberus a bigger threat and featured in more mission than the Reapers.
That's the whole point though, because Akuze (cool name) and my own Samuel Shepard would've never joined up with Cerberus either. As a writer however, would you have let a story like that just pass you by ? Hell nah son !
I don´t hate the idea in generell but an Akuze Shepard should atleast a longer converation with TIM about Akuze, Admiral Kahoku andmaybe their experiments with the Rachni and Thorian Creepers.
Also its really disappointing that the ME 1 Cerberus data choice isn´t mentioned.

Online Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
« Reply #464 on: May 22, 2020, 11:23:27 PM »
Ok does it really matter? TIM and his organization are still the bad guys. Of course you have explain more his motivation butit could be done in Mass Effect 3.

It did to me at least, when I saw the control ending.

I'm not denying that the story could've been more rich in terms of the reaper threat but I think you can get a lot from it if you see what the whole picture is about.
Too be honest i really hate that Bioware made Cerberus a bigger threat and featured in more mission than the Reapers.

Oh you know you loved picking those submachinegun assholes with biotic powers and throw them off balconies. And removing their shields and fighting hand to hand with Kai-Leng and his ninjas. You have to admit they were fun to fight against  :cool:  !

I do understand a bit however. It did seem a bit left field that they were introduced as this massive enemy force in ME3, very unlike the Cerberus we've known in the past games. Then again, they do provide answers as to how they have such an army and resources now.

I don´t hate the idea in generell but an Akuze Shepard should atleast a longer converation with TIM about Akuze, Admiral Kahoku andmaybe their experiments with the Rachni and Thorian Creepers. Also its really disappointing that the ME 1 Cerberus data choice isn´t mentioned.

I think Miranda handwaves the entire thing away with the "rogue cells" argument
:rofl:

But yeah I always think those events in ME1 became missed opportunities in ME2. Would've been great to see what the Data Choice ended up leading to.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 11:27:41 PM by Highwayman667 »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal