collapse

* Notice

Important notice (31 July): We have recently recovered from a nearly two day downtime due to an attack. No data was lost or stolen but the server has been reinstalled as a precaution. Please let us know if you encounter any issues. We apologise for the unacceptable inconvenience. Please read here for more information.

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: The Bioware Spot  (Read 13458 times)

Offline Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
The Bioware Spot
« on: January 09, 2020, 06:00:46 pm »
HAIL ! TO THE GREATEST VIDEOGAME DEVELOPER... EVER !

Yes, I actually mean that. They have the resume.

Regardless, this is a small place to discuss everything related Bioware and it's games. Have fun.

Offline Barabbah

• Antediluvian
Re: The Bioware Spot
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2020, 06:03:50 pm »
I hate the MMORPG of star wars the old republic. It's an abomination.
"Some quotations," said Zellaby, "are greatly improved by lack of context."
― John Wyndham, The Midwich Cuckoos
"fuck the hole in the face"
― me

Offline Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2020, 06:19:09 pm »

No one likes Anthem also. Before anyone says it.

I'm kind of confused tho... the SWTOR servers have been up for a loooooooooooong time. Is it that bad ?

Offline Barabbah

• Antediluvian
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2020, 06:34:15 pm »
Anthem was ruined on purpose by the producer, we all know the horror stories behind this disaster

Regarding the MMORPG, I don't give a damn if it's successful. It's a shame by design how they decided what was canon and what wasn't in the previous games
― me

Offline Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2020, 06:53:58 pm »
Regarding the MMORPG, I don't give a damn if it's successful. It's a shame by design how they decided what was canon and what wasn't in the previous games

Things may change though. Disney has already acknowledged Revan as canon. Maybe something can be redeemed with a remake of Kotor.

Offline fylimar

• Antediluvian
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2020, 07:15:29 pm »

I'm kind of confused tho... the SWTOR servers have been up for a loooooooooooong time. Is it that bad ?

No, SWTOR is a nice game. I played it for a long time (female Twi'lek smuggler healer :)). I had a nice guild there, but sadly, we disaband, because people moved to otehr games or just stopped playing. I have really fond memories of that game. I tried it again last year and moved some toons to UK-and US-servers. I found again a little guild, who needed a healer and I played for a while again. IT is still fun. I like the stories, especially from the smuggler and the Imperial agent and the characters. It has a lot of nice and typical Bioware stuff like companions (and romances), good voice actors and some interesting questlines.
THe only thing I hate there is Revan: my canon Revan is an asian woman (the one with the ponytail) or (with mods) a female Twi'lek and not some beared weirdo with a cult.

A bit of my personal Bioware stuff:

My first Bioware game was Baldurs Gate, I still play BG and BG2 regulary.

My favorite Bioware fandom is by far Dragon Age. Apart from Bloodlines, I never played games as often as the three DA games. I have currently  playthroughsin all three games: Miya Amell, mage, romances Zevran, Liya Hawke, mage and really snarky, she will romance Isabella and my sweet little LIa Cadash, who romances Sera. I like the funny rogues as you can see. My favorite npc by far is Varric, he even tops Gary in Bloodlines (and if you read my posts, you know how much I love Gary). My favorite love interest is Zevran. I don't like Oghren, Morrigan, Sebastian and Solas.

KOTOR is another favorite. Played both games really often.

I never really got into ME, desipte having finished the first game and was nearly through with the second (stopped before suicide mission). I like some of the characters, especially Garrus, but the combat system is not my cup of tea. It's too shootery for me (I don't play shooter at all) and too much military. I might try again some day, but that's not a priority. Still, I love the Shep, I made (I have her attached).

I played Jade Empire, but didn't finish it. I was halfway through, when I got a new computer and somehow lost the old saves. But it was a beautiful game.

Anthem never interested me. I don't want to play in a bulky armor, no matter the genre - I'm shallow like that. But I heard, it wasn't received well.
“They can keep their heaven. When I die, I’d sooner go to Middle Earth.” ― George R.R. Martin

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."
― Doctor Who

Offline Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2020, 07:25:51 pm »
That's a goddamn beautiful Shepard *claps*... BUT HOW DID YOU STOP BEFORE THE SUICIDE MISSION ?

Seriously play it. That's Hall of Legends stuff right there.

I am also of the opinion that Jade Empire is actually an improved KOTOR. I recommend you give it another go and try to finish it. The ending is some of the most underrated epic shit in videogames. It's uncanny.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2020, 07:28:17 pm by Highwayman667 »

Offline fylimar

• Antediluvian
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2020, 07:37:58 pm »
That's a goddamn beautiful Shepard *claps*... BUT HOW DID YOU STOP BEFORE THE SUICIDE MISSION ?

Seriously play it. That's Hall of Legends stuff right there.

I am also of the opinion that Jade Empire is actually an improved KOTOR. I recommend you give it another go and try to finish it. The ending is some of the most underrated epic shit in videogames. It's uncanny.

Thanks, yes, I do love my Shep and her voice is cool. I jus twish, they had a different combat system, I really struggle with it. And I was looking forward to the Garrus romance, he is by far the best character in ME for me. I'm not such a fan of the companions, apart from Garrus, I like Tali, Wrex and Mordin, the rest is a bit ... meh. And I actively dislike Miranda (if I ever finish ME2, I will try to get rid of her in the suicide mission, I don't want to see her in ME3) and that racist - Ashley?- I killed her off in Virmine.

I will play Jade Empire one day, but at the moment, I have two big (non-Bioware) rpgs to finish, Pillars of Eternity (a gem) and Kingdoms of Amalur (just beautiful)
“They can keep their heaven. When I die, I’d sooner go to Middle Earth.” ― George R.R. Martin

― Doctor Who

Online Wilhelm-Streicher

• Methuselah
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2020, 09:17:40 pm »
I really like Inquisition, I don't see any problems with it other, than that it is a really long game. Luckily, you can decide, which side quests you want to do and which not. I like the companion cast of DAI the most Tbh.
Sorry but DAI isn´t a good game. Maybe average if you cut half of its content It had its moments but mostly it just steals your time.
Also the main story and therefore the villian Corypheus (an already beaten DA 2 DLC boss who gets lamer in DAI) was pretty dull.

The only good thing about this game are the 9 companions, 3 Advisors, 2 female dwarves and a few other NPCs like Calpernia.

Like i said in the other thread DAI is one of boring and therefore disappointing games i have ever played.

Offline fylimar

• Antediluvian
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2020, 09:46:09 pm »
I really like Inquisition, I don't see any problems with it other, than that it is a really long game. Luckily, you can decide, which side quests you want to do and which not. I like the companion cast of DAI the most Tbh.
Sorry but DAI isn´t a good game. Maybe average if you cut half of its content It had its moments but mostly it just steals your time.
Also the main story and therefore the villian Corypheus (an already beaten DA 2 DLC boss who gets lamer in DAI) was pretty dull.

The only good thing about this game are the 9 companions, 3 Advisors, 2 female dwarves and a few other NPCs like Calpernia.

Like i said in the other thread DAI is one of boring and therefore disappointing games i have ever played.

That is your opinion, mine is, that it is a good game.

― Doctor Who

Offline Barabbah

• Antediluvian
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2020, 10:09:33 pm »

THe only thing I hate there is Revan: my canon Revan is an asian woman (the one with the ponytail) or (with mods) a female Twi'lek and not some beared weirdo with a cult.

There lies my problem with TOR: not only Revan but the whole game and the sequel was set to a prechosen path. All your gameplays? "No, take our and shut up!"

maybe disney will do something about it
How about no? They did enough damages to Star Wars (without talking of what they did to the credibility of minorities with its forced inclusion of politically correct content)
― me

Online Wilhelm-Streicher

• Methuselah
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2020, 10:15:44 pm »
Really?!? Have you played everything which DAI has offered? I do and it was a pain.
Sorry but a good game doesn´t bore you that many times like DAI. Also a good game is a game you want to replay.
But replaying DAI? Sorry but i rather watch some videos with the other stuff than playing this again.
Many players hate the Hinterlands but for me Hissing Wastes was the most dull level.

The main characters (minus the Inquisitor and Blackwall who where a bit too bland) and the Trespasser DLC are great but for the big majority you do
stuff with little to none payoff. Maybe the Game is better or good if you will when skip half or more of its content but in my opinion a game should
be assess if your opinion / critism is about the full game and not just the parts you like.

Offline fylimar

• Antediluvian
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2020, 10:33:12 pm »
Really?!? Have you played everything which DAI has offered? I do and it was a pain.
Sorry but a good game doesn´t bore you that many times like DAI. Also a good game is a game you want to replay.
But replaying DAI? Sorry but i rather watch some videos with the other stuff than playing this again.
Many players hate the Hinterlands but for me Hissing Wastes was the most dull level.

The main characters (minus the Inquisitor and Blackwall who where a bit too bland) and the Trespasser DLC are great but for the big majority you do
stuff with little to none payoff. Maybe the Game is better or good if you will when skip half or more of its content but in my opinion a game should
be assess if your opinion / critism is about the full game and not just the parts you like.

Yes I have played it, several times, with different races and classes and different romances. I have done the side quests and was in all maps. Is that enough for you? And no, I wasn't bored at all, I felt well entertained. I play the DA games a lot, I try out different things and look behind every corner. I love all three games.
Just because you don't like the game doesn't mean, it is bad. I hate Miranda in ME, but that does not make her a bad character, because what I don't like about her, others might love. It's called opinion.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2020, 10:46:12 pm by fylimar »

― Doctor Who

Online Wilhelm-Streicher

• Methuselah
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2020, 10:52:11 pm »
So please stop telling me, what I have to feel about something.
It is your time and taste. But i must say that i doubt that you feel all through the game "well entertained"
Every game is subjectiv but you can´t tell me that you aren´t bored at some time. If you do well you i don´t believe you.

After Anthem of course DAI is for me atleast the worst game Bioware have ever made. Even DA 2 isn´t that bad.
But yeah feel whatever you will about this. I only know one thing playing some areas from this game something dies in me at boredom.

Offline fylimar

• Antediluvian
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2020, 11:09:31 pm »
So please stop telling me, what I have to feel about something.
It is your time and taste. But i must say that i doubt that you feel all through the game "well entertained"
Every game is subjectiv but you can´t tell me that you aren´t bored at some time. If you do well you i don´t believe you.

After Anthem of course DAI is for me atleast the worst game Bioware have ever made. Even DA 2 isn´t that bad.
But yeah feel whatever you will about this. I only know one thing playing some areas from this game something dies in me at boredom.

I have sections in every game, I don't like that much, even in Bloodlines. For example Halliwbrook Hotel,  the Golden Temple (not the fights with Andrei and Ming Xiao, they are great). In DAO the Deep Roads and yes, in DAI the shard quest. But those are minor things for me. If I like the overall feel of a game, I like the game. And all Dragon Age games have a lot for me to like and DAI has some of my all-time favorite quests, like In Hushed Whispers, In Your Heart Shall Burn, Wicked Eyes..., the Still Ruins, Dragonology, to name a few. I don't say, that the DA games are flawless, but they are great games imo, all three.
BTW, I did edit the sentence, you quoted out, because I thought, it was too harsh.

― Doctor Who

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal