collapse

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: The Bioware Spot  (Read 12248 times)

Online Wilhelm-Streicher

• Methuselah
Re: The Bioware Spot
« Reply #525 on: June 07, 2020, 12:45:46 PM »
Harding (I so hope, she will be a companion and a love interest - for ladies too)
I don´t see any reason why she shouldn´t be bisexuall for all races because you can flirt with every combination in DAI.  :smile:
Maybe she change her mind about Qunari men because well the sex could be too painful. Or she likes who knows.  :rofl:

Offline fylimar

• Antediluvian
« Reply #526 on: June 07, 2020, 03:53:53 PM »
Wilhelm: yeah, I don't see any reason, why she shouldn't be bisexual either.
“They can keep their heaven. When I die, I’d sooner go to Middle Earth.” ― George R.R. Martin

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."
― Doctor Who

Offline Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
« Reply #527 on: June 07, 2020, 05:16:31 PM »
Varric (aka the best), Isabela, Zevran, Wynne, Iron Bull, Dorian, Sera (if you don't play an elfy elf) and Aveline.

No Fenris there, dissapointing  :irritated:  !

Still, I think Varric would come on top for favorite companion on every DA2 list and with good reason. Isabela also bounces off really well with him and for me specially, considering my main Hawke is an archer, the rogue overload is just too much :rofl:

Online Wilhelm-Streicher

• Methuselah
« Reply #528 on: June 07, 2020, 05:45:56 PM »

Still, I think Varric would come on top for favorite companion on every DA2 list and with good reason. 
Well it´s almost impossible not like Varric.  :vampwink:
But i am not consider him Hawkes best friend. This title has go to Aveline especially for Femhawke.
So i like Aveline a little bit more than Varric. All DA 2 companions are great besides Sebastian of course.

Offline Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
« Reply #529 on: June 07, 2020, 05:54:41 PM »
But i am not consider him Hawkes best friend. This title has go to Aveline especially for Femhawke.

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN... LET BATTLE COMMENCE !

VS

WHO. IS. HAWKE'S. BESTIE ?

Online Wilhelm-Streicher

• Methuselah
« Reply #530 on: June 07, 2020, 06:14:19 PM »
WHO. IS. HAWKE'S. BESTIE ?
Easy. Aveline was here when Hawke really need a friend and someone to talk to after Leandras death.If don´t have any romance Aveline show up and even also have to option to talk with her about how she dealt with the loss of her father.
Varric doesn´t talk much about Leandra.
Also in my opinion Varric is too cool to be Hawke´s best friend.  Aveline is awkward but lets not forget that she only trusted Hawketo help with her with her crush Donnic.

Offline Talyn82

• Methuselah
« Reply #531 on: June 07, 2020, 08:00:18 PM »
Dagna is one of my favorites she's so cute.  I like Harding too.  As for companions and advisors Dorian, Cassandra, Iron Bull, Cullen, Josephine, Isabel, Aveline, Varric, Merril, Fenris, Leliana, Alistair, Anders, Sten, Wynne, Morrigan, Dog, and Nathaniel Howe.  Don't know if I got everyone but if I remember more I'll post.

As for regular npc's too many to name but a few are the aforementioned Harding and Dagna.  I also like Bohdann and Sandal.  The Cousland family.  Senior Enchanter Irving.  Knight Commander Greagoir.  I like a few from the other games as well.  I just have to look up their names.  Also Duncan, Daveth, and Ser Jory.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2020, 08:11:13 PM by Talyn82 »
Vae Victus! -Kain

Offline Talyn82

• Methuselah
« Reply #532 on: June 07, 2020, 08:09:57 PM »
I agree with Wilhelm.  I like Aveline as a bestie a lot.  Like he said she was there to comfort Hawke when their mother dies.   Plus she's adorable. I find it cute when she asks Hawke for help with her crush Donnic.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2020, 08:28:16 PM by Talyn82 »
Vae Victus! -Kain

Offline Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
« Reply #533 on: June 07, 2020, 09:08:17 PM »
Easy. Aveline was here when Hawke really need a friend and someone to talk to after Leandras death.If don´t have any romance Aveline show up and even also have to option to talk with her about how she dealt with the loss of her father. Varric doesn´t talk much about Leandra.  Also in my opinion Varric is too cool to be Hawke´s best friend.  Aveline is awkward but lets not forget that she only trusted Hawke to help with her with her crush Donnic.

Strong first blows Wilhelm, but I'll counter them with... templars and mages !

The reason why I find Varric to be Hawke's best friend is because the latter has the unconditional support of the former. If certain conditions aren't met, Aveline opposes Hawke and comes to blows with him over the issue about Anders' attack on the chantry and the subsequent revolt of the mages.

And it makes sense to me, Aveline's greatest virtue is her commitment to duty. She protects the family of the man/woman who, despite their failure, tried to aid her husband during The Blight. BUT... she is only Hawke's friend for as long as her commitment to her duty remains unbroken.

Varric gives zero fucks. For better or worse, against demons or darkspawn. Hawke knows one thing: Bianca will be next to him  :cool:  !
« Last Edit: June 07, 2020, 09:10:06 PM by Highwayman667 »

Offline fylimar

• Antediluvian
« Reply #534 on: June 07, 2020, 09:47:38 PM »
My Hawkes besti is Varric - to quote Snape :'Always'

Aveline is Hawkes big sister, who keeps an eye on her (Hawke), so that she doesn't do too many stupid things.

But my Hawkes have usually more in common with Varric
« Last Edit: June 07, 2020, 09:50:22 PM by fylimar »
“They can keep their heaven. When I die, I’d sooner go to Middle Earth.” ― George R.R. Martin

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."
― Doctor Who

Online Wilhelm-Streicher

• Methuselah
« Reply #535 on: June 07, 2020, 10:10:22 PM »
And it makes sense to me, Aveline's greatest virtue is her commitment to duty. She protects the family of the man/woman who, despite their failure, tried to aid her husband during The Blight. BUT... she is only Hawke's friend for as long as her commitment to her duty remains unbroken.

Varric gives zero fucks. For better or worse, against demons or darkspawn. Hawke knows one thing: Bianca will be next to him  :cool:  !
Do you ever played DA 2 with Varric on full Rivalry? He isn´t Hawkes best friend either with his setting.
Yes he stays in the party but just for his own amusement and tell the story because he can´t leave Hawke becausethe DA 2 won´t work then.
To Aveline yes she fights with Templars but unlike Anders, Fenris or Merrill she won´t attack Hawke because they were once friends and just leave.And lets not forget that Aveline even on Full Rivalry wanted to help Hawke after Leandras death.

Also Aveline on Full Friendship really trusts Hawke so much that she view fighting alongside the mages as the only right thing to do.So yeah she even does stuff against her beliefs.

Offline Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
« Reply #536 on: June 08, 2020, 01:44:54 AM »
Do you ever played DA 2 with Varric on full Rivalry? He isn´t Hawkes best friend either with his setting. Yes he stays in the party but just for his own amusement and tell the story because he can´t leave Hawke becausethe DA 2 won´t work then. To Aveline yes she fights with Templars but unlike Anders, Fenris or Merrill she won´t attack Hawke because they were once friends and just leave. And lets not forget that Aveline even on Full Rivalry wanted to help Hawke after Leandras death.

Also Aveline on Full Friendship really trusts Hawke so much that she view fighting alongside the mages as the only right thing to do.So yeah she even does stuff against her beliefs.

If there was one thing I didn't like about DA2 it was the Friendship / Rivalry system. So damn confusing. So Isabela is apparently my rival but I can still romance her ? What ? Anyways, Varric and Aveline !
Yeah it's a very difficult and rather meaningless distinction. In the end one can have more than just one best friend :rofl:

But I do appreciate about Varric that, beneath the greed and sometimes "moral disregard" there is a great amount of loyalty that he demonstrates repeatedly, as does Aveline really, the difference is that you knew the latter was like that from the start, whereas with Varric there's a couple of moments where you can doubt his judgement.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal