collapse

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: The Bioware Spot  (Read 15240 times)

Offline Talyn82

• Methuselah
Re: The Bioware Spot
« Reply #195 on: February 13, 2020, 01:49:48 am »
@Fylimar:  She looks great!
Vae Victus! -Kain

Offline fylimar

• Antediluvian
« Reply #196 on: February 13, 2020, 11:44:05 am »
That's just Asohka xD ...

Nah, only the markings, but my character is a grown up Togruta and the face is different as are the Lekku markings.
“They can keep their heaven. When I die, I’d sooner go to Middle Earth.” ― George R.R. Martin

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."
― Doctor Who

Offline fylimar

• Antediluvian
« Reply #197 on: February 13, 2020, 11:45:29 am »
@Fylimar:  She looks great!

Thank you.

I'm still unsure, if I will continue playing. MMOs are much more time intensive than solo rpgs and I have a lot of real life stuff to deal with.
“They can keep their heaven. When I die, I’d sooner go to Middle Earth.” ― George R.R. Martin

― Doctor Who

Offline Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
« Reply #198 on: February 13, 2020, 12:47:22 pm »
Nah, only the markings, but my character is a grown up Togruta and the face is different as are the Lekku markings.

The magic is in the details.

What about this piece of news ? I actually find this rather encouraging:

https://www.polygon.com/2020/2/10/21131611/bioware-anthem-redesign-remake-updates

Offline fylimar

• Antediluvian
« Reply #199 on: February 13, 2020, 05:26:19 pm »
I never had the slightest interest in Anthem. So I doubt, that I will try the redesigned version.
Did any of you play Anthem?

― Doctor Who

Offline Talyn82

• Methuselah
« Reply #200 on: February 13, 2020, 05:31:23 pm »
I never had the slightest interest in Anthem. So I doubt, that I will try the redesigned version.
Did any of you play Anthem?

No, I never played it.  Like you it never interested me.
Vae Victus! -Kain

Offline Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
« Reply #201 on: February 13, 2020, 06:53:17 pm »
No, I never played it.  Like you it never interested me.

We are all in agreement. I could not give a single fuck about Anthem in its' current state.

... HOWEVERRRRRR... I support Bioware's efforts to make the game work.

I've never agreed with the premise that "Bioware should stick to what it does right". This is "fan" mentality, and not the right one.

What some of these people are basically saying to Bioware developers is that they should never experiment, never take risks and never expand the boundaries of their creativity. And dare I ask: How exactly are we going to have innovative and entertaining videogames if we rigidly tell people they should never try other paths to express themselves ?
« Last Edit: February 13, 2020, 06:55:52 pm by Highwayman667 »

Offline fylimar

• Antediluvian
« Reply #202 on: February 13, 2020, 08:55:17 pm »
I agree. And I'm ok with Anthem, it is just not my type of game. Hopefully they can make it work, because right now it wouldn't help anyone, if that game would be doomed.

― Doctor Who

Offline Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
« Reply #203 on: February 14, 2020, 12:07:00 am »
I agree. And I'm ok with Anthem, it is just not my type of game. Hopefully they can make it work, because right now it wouldn't help anyone, if that game would be doomed.

If anything it will probably be the game that finances other great projects...

...like a sequel to Jade Empire ?

Please Casey Hudson ?

Offline fylimar

• Antediluvian
« Reply #204 on: February 14, 2020, 05:50:17 am »
Would be great.
For now, I'm playing SWTOR again. It's nice, I really.missed it.

― Doctor Who

Offline Talyn82

• Methuselah
« Reply #205 on: February 15, 2020, 08:07:17 pm »
Would be great.
For now, I'm playing SWTOR again. It's nice, I really.missed it.

Talking to you and Highwayman667 about KOTOR and SWTOR, has made me reinstall the latter.  Although I still dislike what they did to both Revan and the Exile, and I also dislike how they retconned KOTOR 2.  I did enjoy playing as a Jedi Knight.  I just have two questions for you fylimar.  Is it true now we could get by only doing story missions?  By that I mean I don't have to do anymore of those boring clearing out bases quests? 

Oh I forgot to mention one of my favorite planets is Korriban it has that ancient Egyptian vibe, which the old Sith are based on.
Vae Victus! -Kain

Offline fylimar

• Antediluvian
« Reply #206 on: February 15, 2020, 08:44:05 pm »
I don't know, if only story missions is enough. I do some pvp between the story missions - it gives a lot of xp and money. But I would try, if I were you. Maybe if it isn't enough, do the Heroics with your companion, they are a bit more challenging and you get new and better gear.

I played my main character Janei Lovecraft today - that really felt good. She was my first ever character, a healer smuggler, and she is still my favorite. She has a lot of great stuff and relatively good gear from the time when I did operations with her. Janei is Mirilian.

Another character I really like, is my sorceress Myca Vykos (yeah, I'm a Vykos fangirl, so I had to make a Sith named after them - the most fitting class for Vykos in Star Wars). SHe is only level 24 so far and I mostly play story with her , with some pvp and hHeroics in between. She is overleveled, so maybe class story is enough. Vykos is SIth race  - I thought, they look most similar to a Tzimisce - although Vykos as Sascha has sometimes some kind of tentacles, so maybe a Twilek would have been a fit too.

Where are you playing? I'm mainly on Star Forge at the moment. There are some people from the BSN Board, whom I like, playing there - space cowboy and Obsidian Gryphon. I try to meet up with them there, but we managed to miss each otehr so far. I have some characters on teh German server, Tulak Hord, too, since I'm from Germany and originally started on a German server. But since I play the game in English anyway and Star Forge is more populated, I switched.

― Doctor Who

Offline Talyn82

• Methuselah
« Reply #207 on: February 15, 2020, 09:28:37 pm »
I don't know, if only story missions is enough. I do some pvp between the story missions - it gives a lot of xp and money. But I would try, if I were you. Maybe if it isn't enough, do the Heroics with your companion, they are a bit more challenging and you get new and better gear.

I played my main character Janei Lovecraft today - that really felt good. She was my first ever character, a healer smuggler, and she is still my favorite. She has a lot of great stuff and relatively good gear from the time when I did operations with her. Janei is Mirilian.

Another character I really like, is my sorceress Myca Vykos (yeah, I'm a Vykos fangirl, so I had to make a Sith named after them - the most fitting class for Vykos in Star Wars). SHe is only level 24 so far and I mostly play story with her , with some pvp and hHeroics in between. She is overleveled, so maybe class story is enough. Vykos is SIth race  - I thought, they look most similar to a Tzimisce - although Vykos as Sascha has sometimes some kind of tentacles, so maybe a Twilek would have been a fit too.

Where are you playing? I'm mainly on Star Forge at the moment. There are some people from the BSN Board, whom I like, playing there - space cowboy and Obsidian Gryphon. I try to meet up with them there, but we managed to miss each otehr so far. I have some characters on teh German server, Tulak Hord, too, since I'm from Germany and originally started on a German server. But since I play the game in English anyway and Star Forge is more populated, I switched.

Yeah it's those heroic missions I was trying to avoid, but you do make a good point about getting good gear by doing them.  The last time I played was two years ago and the server name I think was called 'Ebon Hawk.'  But I will see about transferring both my characters to the Star Forge.  Both my Jedi and Sith are over level 60.  The last time I played the level cap was lvl 65.  I remember I had a stronghold on the Sith homeworld, and I never got to fully decorate it.

The game is still updating so I don't know when I'll be able to play.  But just to get an idea.  What time is it in Germany?  It's 4:27 pm over here in NY.
Vae Victus! -Kain

Offline fylimar

• Antediluvian
« Reply #208 on: February 15, 2020, 09:59:00 pm »
It's nearly eleven p. m. here in Germany. I have switched off the pc and will settle with a good book for the rest of the evening. You might automatically have been transferred to one of the remaining two American servers, Star Forge or Satele Shan.
Janei is now level 65, I have a Jedi healer on level 60, the rest is below.
I started a mercenary healer (healing rules) named Fylimar yesterday. Playing a healer is a good and quick way to get through the Heroics. I don't think, the companions do a good job as healer. With my shadow I died a few times, because Quyzen wasn't able to keep me healthy, when I play a healer and switch my companions to tank, all is well.

― Doctor Who

Offline Talyn82

• Methuselah
« Reply #209 on: February 15, 2020, 10:46:51 pm »
It's nearly eleven p. m. here in Germany. I have switched off the pc and will settle with a good book for the rest of the evening. You might automatically have been transferred to one of the remaining two American servers, Star Forge or Satele Shan.
Janei is now level 65, I have a Jedi healer on level 60, the rest is below.
I started a mercenary healer (healing rules) named Fylimar yesterday. Playing a healer is a good and quick way to get through the Heroics. I don't think, the companions do a good job as healer. With my shadow I died a few times, because Quyzen wasn't able to keep me healthy, when I play a healer and switch my companions to tank, all is well.

The game finally finished downloading and I quickly looked at the start menu and it says 'Star Forge.'  I will most likely play tomorrow.  Have a goodnight.
Vae Victus! -Kain

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal