collapse

Author Topic: Tarot cards  (Read 483 times)

Offline deicide

• Drug Fiend
  • Methuselah
Re: Tarot cards
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2019, 07:43:49 AM »
More accurately, it could be read both ways and some more. Another example, a statement of fact, "currently, the setting is in early development, its future success is shaky".
Have no idea if you're completely new to this or not, but, just in case, I will advice against looking up cards' meanings. In essence, spreads/layouts and basic rules is everything one needs. They aren't some mystycal hops to jump through, but an instrument for accessing what nowadays is called "subconscious", so, individual cards concerned, ignorance is your friend.

Upd. As for that girl, she's a typical art school reject, pardon, byproduct. Not a single idea that wasn't, ehm, borrowed from someone else. However, all these ideas she had jammed into the deck, by happy accident, gained the whole new meaning, not unlike that "Gg" pic I posted in WTF thread. Because of this kind of artists who damp the market by superior technique, real ones have very little chance to gain any popularity and profit. Even more disheartening that she created a real piece of art unconsciously, which means she did not even tap her real potential, and, the most probably, never will.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2019, 09:54:11 AM by deicide »
The patient was a young lady whom I was loath to disfigure (c)

Offline Barabbah

• Antediluvian
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2019, 07:58:43 AM »
Once I saw a cartoon where in an episode a guy could read the tea leaves. In the toilet bowl. And he was reading the feces.
"Some quotations," said Zellaby, "are greatly improved by lack of context."
― John Wyndham, The Midwich Cuckoos
"fuck the hole in the face"
― me (on changing my mind on deleting cheeks for a mod)

Offline deicide

• Drug Fiend
  • Methuselah
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2019, 09:51:24 AM »
Thanks, but I'm better off with Tarot cards, they're far more detailed and provide more material to catch at.

Offline Barabbah

• Antediluvian
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2019, 10:52:38 AM »
This guy was also selling ultra purgative tacos so there could be more reading material

Offline deicide

• Drug Fiend
  • Methuselah
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2019, 11:00:05 AM »
I'm talking quality and diversity, not quantity.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2019, 11:02:33 AM by deicide »

Offline Barabbah

• Antediluvian
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2019, 12:30:53 PM »
« Last Edit: February 24, 2019, 12:33:28 PM by Barabbah »

Offline deicide

• Drug Fiend
  • Methuselah
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2019, 11:48:22 AM »
Again on topic, ever tried cut-up technique aka Junkie Divination, popularized by William S. Burroughs?
For example, in order to determine the true meaning behind some text, print it and cut it up. I can assure, it works indeed and actually helpful, if done in old-fashioned analog way, because if done by a human it's not random, one unconsciously projects thoughts on the paper during the process.

The beauty of this method, it has much lower entry level than Tarot (that require quite a some time to master) and provides meaningful results right from the start for just about everyone.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2019, 12:11:13 PM by deicide »

Offline Barabbah

• Antediluvian
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2019, 12:39:44 PM »
Honestly I believe tarots, astrology and any other kind of divination techniques work only as entertainment. Sorry if I hurted your feelings, but even if I love the world of imagination and spirituality that's only for their artistic values.

Offline deicide

• Drug Fiend
  • Methuselah
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2019, 12:59:57 PM »
Isn't all of this a form of entertaintment after all? It's of no matter if I read some text and conclude that the author manipulates information (as a rough example, indirectly self-contradicting statements) by carefully examining the logic, or any other means, if the end result is correct.

Once did it for fun with a rather long article, quickly read through it first, applied the method then, the result was almost instant, it really brought this fish-stuff (c) out. Checked the original article after, it was indeed true. Otherwise, it would require much more to catch the author red-handed.

In short, it works like this:
Familiarize yourself with a text.
By linear into non-linear exposition conversion, author's flow of thoughs is disrupted, so it won't guide you from conclusion to conclusion distracting thereby from your own thinking. Still these random parts provide enough grip on the original text.
It works if you've actually got it but was too distracted to formulate your own opinion, but won't if not at all. Actually, a digital mess-up works as well, but with old-fashioned one the result tend to be more meaningful, so the process itself contributes as well.

Nothing mystic about it.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2019, 09:07:04 PM by deicide »

Offline Barabbah

• Antediluvian
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2019, 08:58:25 PM »
Ah ok 👌

Offline TF Alex Burton

• Formally known as the Shadow Man
  • Antediluvian
    • Terror Firma by Alex Burton
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2019, 02:13:24 PM »
I myself only got them as prop. I don't believe them to have any true mystical properties.

Offline Nothingness

• Fledgling
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2019, 06:32:09 PM »
I love using, and collecting, tarot decks and oracle decks.  My favorite tarot deck with vampires is the Tarot of Vampyres by Ian Daniels, so beautiful!  My avatar is from his deck, 02 The High Priestess.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2019, 06:55:36 PM by Nothingness »

Offline TF Alex Burton

• Formally known as the Shadow Man
  • Antediluvian
    • Terror Firma by Alex Burton
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2019, 08:26:07 PM »
I love using, and collecting, tarot decks and oracle decks.  My favorite tarot deck with vampires is the Tarot of Vampyres by Ian Daniels, so beautiful!  My avatar is from his deck, 02 The High Priestess.

Pretty neat

Offline Barabbah

• Antediluvian
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2019, 09:02:57 PM »
I read a few days ago a weird comicbook. There was also a (nice) scene where the protagonist, a werewolf, goes to a fortune reader. She picks the first card and it was a werewolf. She was baffled because there wasn't any werewolf there. She pick another, empty. Like the third, like the forth and so on....

Offline Aurelian

• Ancillus
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2019, 09:35:32 PM »

Those are quite beautiful.