collapse

Author Topic: Politics and philosophy  (Read 2031 times)

Offline Aurelian

• Ancillus
Re: Politics and philosophy
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2019, 08:21:10 PM »

When I see what kind of disturbing trends are festering in the West

Could you elaborate, which trends do you find disturbing?

Offline Raving_Neonate

• Rave.Period.
  • Antediluvian
  • Raving somewhere....
« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2019, 08:34:13 PM »

When I see what kind of disturbing trends are festering in the West

Could you elaborate, which trends do you find disturbing?

Political correctness.
Me: "I love lollipops!"
WoD ST: "We don't allow lollipops, because we are too dark!"

Offline Aurelian

• Ancillus
« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2019, 08:37:05 PM »
Political correctness.

That means various things to various people. To some it is merely: be polite in conversation. To others, it is something else.

Offline deicide

• Drug Fiend
  • Methuselah
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2019, 07:01:00 AM »
I don't mean to interrupt, but to me, political correctness has nothing to do with politeness. Political correctness is an enforced usage of euphemisms that mask an underlying problem, like calling someone braindead alternatively gifted. To put it differently, it's prohibition of calling a spade a spade. It doesn't make a conversation any more polite.
In a real polite conversation, participants won't use slur words anyway.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2019, 07:06:08 AM by deicide »
The patient was a young lady whom I was loath to disfigure (c)

Offline Aurelian

• Ancillus
« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2019, 07:41:34 PM »
Deicide, my friend, do interrupt. This is how we can get the debate rolling. I was hoping more users would jump in this thread. It is a politics and philosophy general, so any subject can be interesting. 

Offline deicide

• Drug Fiend
  • Methuselah
« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2019, 08:11:16 PM »
What I meant, in a polite conversation, not only slurs aren't used, but potentially offensive words are used in the literal sense. Like, "black", if skin color has any relevance. If not, why the hell mention it at all? Conversely, "african american" could be a cynical insult (and yeah, politically correct) in context, drop-in replacement for "nigger" or the rhetorical device to make an insult more biting. There's nothing polite in political correctness.
More so, these "terms" are so awkward, convoluted and artificial, they sound like veiled insults even it wasn't meant. Seems like a device to turn people against each other.

For these reasons, so-called political correctness trend is disturbing indeed. Spoken thought is a lie (c) Is it that surprising that a language itself was always, intentionally or not, manipulated in favor of one social group or another, from classes to whole nations, as means of twisting one's mindset in a certain way?
« Last Edit: February 05, 2019, 09:33:04 PM by deicide »

Offline Raving_Neonate

• Rave.Period.
  • Antediluvian
  • Raving somewhere....
« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2019, 07:45:45 AM »
In my opinion, both modern liberalism and political correctness are trying to impose is the "state of exception" in more ways than one. The chosen few (the actual scale does not matter, if it is a golf club or an entire society) will enjoy the benefits of it all while all others are forced to subject their views or stances to theirs - the few will utilize the production of either "chaos" or the forging evidence against the majority to present them as the supreme force or as the one that will dictate what is right and what is wrong. Using the "state of exception" like this leads this group of people into some kind of "ultra martyr saints" that shall employ their "victim" status to impose their own values.

This is very dangerous in my opinion, I would even say anti-human, because the consequences of their idiocy let loose will impact the future generations in ways that can be summarized with a single word: fatal.

Just a quick edit to respond to Deicide: yes, the subjugation of language (especially through legislation or imposed trends) is not just oppression, but outright denial of free will (for those who believe in it) and the freedom of speech (also, for those who believe in it) while warping the mindset of the individual with a certain melange of artificial value that has been hand-picked by a certain group/individual, pertaining that the individual in question rejects everything that he has acquired for himself, his own impressions, values and experiences.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2019, 07:51:16 AM by Raving_Neonate »

Offline deicide

• Drug Fiend
  • Methuselah
« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2019, 01:28:32 PM »
From this point of view, feminism is far worse than mentioned, since target audience is bigger, and this is a kind of "struggle" that could go on forever, so unlike suffragette movement, that had clear objectives and self-dissolved upon accomplishing them.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2019, 02:16:11 PM by deicide »

Offline Raving_Neonate

• Rave.Period.
  • Antediluvian
  • Raving somewhere....
« Reply #38 on: February 08, 2019, 06:08:54 PM »
From this point of view, feminism is far worse than mentioned, since target audience is bigger, and this is a kind of "struggle" that could go on forever, so unlike suffragette movement, that had clear objectives and self-dissolved upon accomplishing them.

Contemporary feminism is a trade-union organization - tilting the table in their favor as much as possible, avoiding the biological truth that between the genders there will be always differences and shunning responsibilities - imagine military draft for women, the feminism idea would die overnight.

Offline deicide

• Drug Fiend
  • Methuselah
« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2019, 02:16:04 AM »
Well, if we're talking Israeli, it's already there to some extent, but I could only imagine how (un)fun it would be in American or, better, Russian army. Bullying rookies isn't a transgression, it's a duty (c).
I don't think there's enough biological difference to warrant legislative and social, one could be turned into another quite easily, one way at least. But feminism isn't about eliminating differences, it's about exploiting them, gaining privileges and squeezing the most out of the current status. So, feminists aren't suffragettes' successors, they're polar opposites de facto.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 09:30:32 AM by deicide »

Offline Aurelian

• Ancillus
« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2019, 10:46:52 PM »
Well, if we're talking Israeli,

Israel is a specific case, as their demography was created by vast influx of Jews from the entire planet. Therefore, they needed to find a way to create a cohesive society. Israeli political elites are usually among the most intelligent on the planet, they truly do care about their people. Military draft is a powerful social tool to create strong bonds between people. Not to mention that they are surrounded by a sea of Arabs.

Offline deicide

• Drug Fiend
  • Methuselah
« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2019, 03:27:05 AM »
Which is a fine example of a necessity, the mother of invention, and a conflict that drives mankind forward.

The biological truth, biological (as opposed to genetic) gender, up to neurochemistry, is malleable, it's nothing but the matter of a few hormones. It needed, it could be altered for real, sans some details. So, one could even experimentally determine if woman's brains yield any different result for 2+2 if feeling Tzimisce enough. Guess, this will be a little excessive, though.
Personally, I won't care if my girlfriend is taller than me or if she punches faces better than me. In the latter case, I will bring her along if up to some violence. To put it differently, if someone is for equality, I'm into it, it means the social load will be distributed more evenly, and an access to previously female dominated areas as well. But, both parties does not seem to be interested.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 05:50:20 PM by deicide »

Offline deicide

• Drug Fiend
  • Methuselah
« Reply #42 on: March 09, 2019, 11:22:08 AM »
Speaking about the unifying role of religion, I cannot but mention the damn Princess Olga (aka Helga) of Kiev who had brought Christianity to Kievan Rus and her (in)famous grandson, Prince Vladimir the Great who converted the entire polytheistic (or, in a slur Christian word, pagan) federation into it. By the way, it was very tolerant toward different religions even by modern standards, otherwise Olga would've lost not only her lifetime kvlt staus, but a mere respect of her nation.
Apparently, the latter considered monotheistic religion a good idea for cementing his centralized power. Interestingly enough, it did not cause much of backslash then, he was too greatly respected by people. And indeed, it worked as intended... for a time. All it took is two generations for a disaster. Hypocritical Christian morality which caused moral decline. Glorifiyng of misery, masochism as way to live in a few words. Religious conflicts. Alienation towards each other. It played not the last role in the downfall of Kievan Rus.
We, Slavs, badly needed that Jewish-Roman shit mixed with broken glass and nine inch nails, that's for certain.

For these reasons, I have nothing but scorn for these two greatly venerated rulers.

As for Olga, her reasons for conversion were, actually, very tragic. Without any doubt, she sought to restore her faith in humanity after her husband, Prince Igor, was killed by Drevlians, since she converted in a year of two after his gruesome death, ~945 AD. Striving to be a good ruler while harboring such a hatred towards her own people was unbearable. The concept of all-forgiveness is exactly what attracted her to Christianity.
While I can understand that, she really should've kept it strictly personal instead of spreading this plague thus fvcking everyone over.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2019, 09:09:18 AM by deicide »

Offline Raving_Neonate

• Rave.Period.
  • Antediluvian
  • Raving somewhere....
« Reply #43 on: March 10, 2019, 08:36:47 AM »
Perhaps I will be judged for this, but us Slavs always had and will have a higher propensity for inner quarrels, divisions and schism on every possible scale and by every conceivable category - as if we never moved on from the ancient tribal mindset. Fighting over trivial things that are not worthy of blood shedding and profound inherent spite, weltering in the past that stretches 500 years back and being quick to judge is one thing that really bothers me. While everyone moves forward, we are intent on staying as much as we can back. That is why the Balkans are the way they are: chaotic and divided, both by domestic forces and foreign alike, both determined to persist in this chaos that ruins hundreds of lives on the daily basis.

I can't help but to express extreme scorn for all those responsible: I really do hope they suffer in the most exclusive of Dante's Inferno's circles because they bear responsibly for much bloodshed.

Offline deicide

• Drug Fiend
  • Methuselah
« Reply #44 on: March 10, 2019, 09:23:28 AM »
This is exactly why Christianity was such a horrible idea - introducing a nation as prone to infighting as Slavs to the religion as viral, cancerous, fundamentally broken and self-contradictory is like giving a nitroglycerine bomb loaded with shrapnel disguised as a toy to a pack of unruly children.
This religion seems more like a deliberately designed instrument of corruption, something that Setites might came up with, save Setites' trademark chance to get a gain with a proper use, than an actual religion.

Also, a fine example of an ancient self-fulfilling prophecy irony: she did something much worse than what she was trying to avert. Guess we would've forgotten of a yet another unstable Princess in a generation, not so about Christianity and a s(aint) one.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2019, 01:26:05 PM by deicide »