collapse

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: New unreleased composition from Rik Schaffer  (Read 404 times)

Offline 4ngelgirl

• Fledgling
New unreleased composition from Rik Schaffer
« on: January 14, 2018, 09:30:05 PM »
Hello everyone, long time no see!

This summer I sent mr Schaffer a message to thank for all the wonderful music he had done for Vtm:B. I mentioned that I love the whole soundtrack, the unreleased songs included - especially the unused Downtown theme and "Festival". He turned out to be extremely cool and to my surprise he sent me back an unreleased composition of his called "Innocence Once Lost"- as he wrote, this composition was written in the same year as "Festival" and is in the same vein. He gave me the permission to share it wherever I feel like and this forum was the first place that came to my mind! I posted it on my tumblr too http://4ngelgirl.tumblr.com/post/169701030409/this-unreleased-composition-was-sent-to-me-by-rik

Personally I love it a lot, it reminds me of the rising sun. Hope you're all doing well!

Offline Sabbat_stalker

• Fledgling
Re: New unreleased composition from Rik Schaffer
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2018, 11:47:11 PM »
This actually might be one of his better song IMO! it is a crime that it did not appear in the game (maybe in chinatown ? )
I might upload it to youtube if nobody else has done it already.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2018, 09:22:07 AM »
I'm not sure if I should include this new song somewhere into the game. If I understand correctly it's not actually a lost song from the game, but rather was only composed during the same time...

Update: I have now restored it to the Malkavian Exterior where it fits quite nicely! Plus Patch only of course...
« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 11:54:59 AM by Wesp5 »

Offline 4ngelgirl

• Fledgling
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2018, 12:44:51 AM »
This actually might be one of his better song IMO! it is a crime that it did not appear in the game (maybe in chinatown ? )
I might upload it to youtube if nobody else has done it already.

I'm glad you liked it! :smile: I enjoy it very much too, such a pleasant and quite positive melody! I also uploaded it on yt just today: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjVWGhKX4V0

I'm not sure if I should include this new song somewhere into the game. If I understand correctly it's not actually a lost song from the game, but rather was only composed during the same time...

Update: I have now restored it to the Malkavian Exterior where it fits quite nicely! Plus Patch only of course...

Wow, it's amazing that now we'll be able to listen to this song in game too - thanks a lot Wesp! :smile: Can't wait to check it out! And you are right: I don't think it was created as vtm:b soundtrack, but the same situation was with "Festival" - as Rik wrote, "Festival" was actually meant for an album he was making prior to Bloodlines.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 01:04:25 AM by AngelsForever »

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2018, 05:19:22 PM »
I don't think it was created as vtm:b soundtrack, but the same situation was with "Festival" - as Rik wrote, "Festival" was actually meant for an album he was making prior to Bloodlines.

I didn't know that but both fit well in the game and are also used in areas where not much is going on...

Offline 4ngelgirl

• Fledgling
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2018, 08:56:40 PM »
I don't think it was created as vtm:b soundtrack, but the same situation was with "Festival" - as Rik wrote, "Festival" was actually meant for an album he was making prior to Bloodlines.

I didn't know that but both fit well in the game and are also used in areas where not much is going on...

Agreed :D I absolutely loved to listen to "Festival" while exploring the pier area.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 09:10:51 PM by 4ngelgirl »

Offline Mamita

• Fledgling
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2018, 02:49:21 AM »
Agreed :D I absolutely loved to listen to "Festival" while exploring the pier area.
This. So much this.
This sounds amazing as well. I can't wait to hear it in my next play through (Hopefully with CQM 4.0!)

* Game Files