collapse

Author Topic: Movie Reviews  (Read 38275 times)

Offline El_Gostro

• Unposting posting poster unposting postitions
  • Antediluvian
  • Shifting
Re: Movie Reviews
« Reply #120 on: May 05, 2011, 05:33:50 AM »
Thor was a very well dones flick both fer it's original material n intended wide non comic hogging  nor wiki consulting audience,much be owed ta master o the over the topness n gorgon voiced Master Brannagh of celluloidean Vibrating Lance lore!
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 05:38:57 AM by El_Gostro »

Offline Porphyria

• Antediluvian
« Reply #121 on: May 13, 2011, 04:39:20 AM »
I watched Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen. It was a whim, but there were a lot of Decepticons in it, which was coolio. I don't really have to review it, as it's basically a special effects fest. I found it kinda difficult to watch at times because there are so many special effects and CGI that it becomes hard to even see what's going on.

I did notice Megan Fox stood around with her mouth hanging open a lot. More robotic than the robots....

I need a burning question answered though. I watched it in the 80s. Wasn't it Megatron who was supposed to turn into a giant gun? Didn't one of them do that?

Offline Ventrueloquist

• Methuselah
« Reply #122 on: May 13, 2011, 11:04:05 AM »
I watched Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen. It was a whim, but there were a lot of Decepticons in it, which was coolio. I don't really have to review it, as it's basically a special effects fest. I found it kinda difficult to watch at times because there are so many special effects and CGI that it becomes hard to even see what's going on.

I did notice Megan Fox stood around with her mouth hanging open a lot. More robotic than the robots....

I need a burning question answered though. I watched it in the 80s. Wasn't it Megatron who was supposed to turn into a giant gun? Didn't one of them do that?

I think there is a special clause in Megan Fox's contract that demands a certain minimum of scenes where she has her mouth open (to lure adolescent boys to buy movie tickets or something). Or perhaps the director says "Megan, could you open your mouth in this scene, for no particular reason". I don't think she's that hot personally and I never go to see a movie because there are hot girls in it. I agree that the Transformers in the movies are sometimes hard to separate, especially in fighting scenes, but if you want mindlessly entertaining action movies you could do worse. 

I also watched the animated television shows and you're right, Megatron does transform into a weapon, a Walther P38 according to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megatron_%28Transformers%29.

Thor was a really well done movie, with both impressive scenery and funny moments.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 11:05:57 AM by Ventrueloquist »

Offline Porphyria

• Antediluvian
« Reply #123 on: May 13, 2011, 03:11:30 PM »

I think there is a special clause in Megan Fox's contract that demands a certain minimum of scenes where she has her mouth open (to lure adolescent boys to buy movie tickets or something). Or perhaps the director says "Megan, could you open your mouth in this scene, for no particular reason". I don't think she's that hot personally and I never go to see a movie because there are hot girls in it. I agree that the Transformers in the movies are sometimes hard to separate, especially in fighting scenes, but if you want mindlessly entertaining action movies you could do worse. 

I also watched the animated television shows and you're right, Megatron does transform into a weapon, a Walther P38 according to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megatron_%28Transformers%29.

Thor was a really well done movie, with both impressive scenery and funny moments.

I knew it! I knew he turned into a gun. Frankly, that would have been more impressive to see.  I guess there is another transformers movie coming this summer, sans Megan Fox but with some other girl with her mouth hanging open. The premise of this one actually looks a bit cooler because it is invasion style stuff. I might go see that. Also Spielberg is in charge. I don't remember that before.

Offline El_Gostro

• Antediluvian
  • Shifting
« Reply #124 on: May 16, 2011, 06:29:14 AM »
Backs when I's was I,there used ta be a show on public television channel ran by a famed all timer classic cartoonist names o' Caloi (who invented a character named clemente-a weird chicken likeish being- that be basically to the argentinian stereotypical porteño what Andy cap b to the classic pub rat stereotype) in which shorts o various arsty/independent duders were shown from toons to stop motion (remembers that sandman short where thje kid gets his eyes plucked out?Or a  short involving a battle o mannequins in a warehouse?Or that stop motion version o figaro?) to acid trips all rounds,n Bill Plympton stufff always found it's wy rounds.

Kinda funnyes nows ta reunite with the olden times child I's once was n see new material by this duders,this one called "Idiots and Angels"

http://idiotsandangels.com/

After so  manyes comings n goins of the two faced portal master,still loves this stuff! :cometome:
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 06:32:01 AM by El_Gostro »

Offline El_Gostro

• Antediluvian
  • Shifting
« Reply #125 on: May 20, 2011, 11:26:45 PM »
Frist shot o Bane revealed

Offline Aydoo

• Antediluvian
    • Aydoodle
« Reply #126 on: May 22, 2011, 06:29:17 AM »
Movie called Antichrist, with Willem Dafoe in it.

It'll fuck your world up. You need a Stamina 5 to watch it :X

Offline Saintly pants

• Golcondanite
  • Ancillus
« Reply #127 on: May 27, 2011, 09:38:46 AM »
Perfume: The story of a murderer

We used to discuss a part of the book back in school and it looked rather original, so i wanted to see this movie.

A weird guy with an extreme sense of smell becomes obsessed with the heavenly perfume that virginal redheads radiate and wants to distill it into a bottle. Serial killing ensues. Sweat gets collected. Empty shells are left behind. Even the main girl doesn't make it. Moral event horizons are crossed. A loving father has one hell of a reason to be pissed.

Swééééééét... How horrible!

The resulting perfume allows our dude to take over the world with pure presence alone. A mass orgy breaks out, the bishop humps a hooker in public and even daddy dearest forgives the bastard.

However, in the end, there is still no one who wants to have sex with the hero.

I recommend this movie and the book because it's original and fetishy to the extreme. I can't guarantee you guys will like it tough. Also: If you think redheads are hot you will come buckets. This flick features some of the finest specimens of that subspecies of girls ever.   :drink:
Try to limit your damage.

Offline Gaz

• Ancillus
« Reply #128 on: May 27, 2011, 03:29:52 PM »
The Hangover 2:

One of the funniest movies I have ever seen. 

I also learned things from it:

When they say Asians are not well endowed, they really meant it.
A tiny monkey who's trained to give blow jobs is funny in any language (once you forget about the hep viris and all)
Bangkok is a hell of a town. (I suspected this last bit.)

A must see movie, Mothafookas!
Because the status is not quo.

Offline Porphyria

• Antediluvian
« Reply #129 on: May 27, 2011, 06:35:24 PM »

*giggles*  Sorry...

Offline Ventrueloquist

• Methuselah
« Reply #130 on: May 28, 2011, 04:31:29 PM »

Maybe he should have tried using AXE or any other perfume that will instantly get ladies to want to have sex with you (according to their commercials). I haven't seen the film or read the book, but it seems like a really good and different story. Perhaps I'll read the book, which is originally in German. When it comes to books or movies always go for the original when possible. Translation and, even worse, dubbing really ruins the experience I think. You can't get better than the original, so why bother with anything less than the original.

Offline Oscar

• Remember
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #131 on: May 28, 2011, 05:30:13 PM »
The Hangover 2:

One of the funniest movies I have ever seen. 

I also learned things from it:

When they say Asians are not well endowed, they really meant it.
A tiny monkey who's trained to give blow jobs is funny in any language (once you forget about the hep viris and all)
Bangkok is a hell of a town. (I suspected this last bit.)

A must see movie, Mothafookas!

Many said that the original hangover was hilarious, but I didn't laugh much. Is the second better than the first in your opinion?
My father is Dirty Harry, my mother is Bloody Mary

Offline _username

• Got Stront?
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #132 on: May 28, 2011, 06:56:07 PM »
If you didn't like the first one, you won't like the second one.  They're both the same flavor of comedy.
LUNA NOBIS PROVIDET

Offline Rick Gentle

• Gangrel Playboy
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #133 on: May 28, 2011, 08:49:21 PM »
Perfume: The story of a murderer
I recommend this movie and the book because it's original and fetishy to the extreme. I can't guarantee you guys will like it tough. Also: If you think redheads are hot you will come buckets. This flick features some of the finest specimens of that subspecies of girls ever.   :drink:
I saw most of this movie a while ago, and I liked it because it stretched the bounds of what people can consider "beautiful", especially the crazy ones. It's very Slaaneshi, if you keep up with the Warhammer or Warhammer 40K universes.
Remember: It's not the size of your fangs that matters; it's what you stick them in.

Offline Porphyria

• Antediluvian
« Reply #134 on: May 28, 2011, 10:18:20 PM »
If you didn't like the first one, you won't like the second one.  They're both the same flavor of comedy.

You won't like them if you don't enjoy laughing at stupid and absurd situations. Random shit. I actually find them really funny. But I like a lot of comedy.