collapse

Author Topic: Movie Reviews  (Read 40988 times)

Offline El_Gostro

• Unposting posting poster unposting postitions
  • Antediluvian
  • Shifting
Re: Movie Reviews
« Reply #75 on: November 11, 2010, 06:00:00 AM »
Made a review o the super man shazam dc showcase animated flickie:

http://chronicles-of-the-spider-weave.blogspot.com/2010/11/re-sight-time-superman-shazaaaaaam.html

(sorry fer spammin me blog linkies)

Offline _username

• Got Stront?
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #76 on: November 11, 2010, 08:16:49 PM »
Holy shit.  The first thing that came to mind was...would living in the age of coke drops be worth the absence of indoor plumbing?
LUNA NOBIS PROVIDET

Offline Aydoo

• Antediluvian
    • Aydoodle
« Reply #77 on: November 11, 2010, 08:23:19 PM »
Saw RED in theatres last night. Loved it well worth the money. All the characters were charming and it fit well with the graphic novel's tone.

Offline El_Gostro

• Antediluvian
  • Shifting
« Reply #78 on: February 09, 2011, 04:16:26 AM »
Saws Black Swan n like dit a lots.

Many peoples ad criticized Portman's exhasperating painful expressions as overactins but twas actually well definins o the psychological n physical pressure the jobbie n situations like the one described actually inflict.
Less miss this timey than the fountain (loved ze Jodorowsky comic style visuals but the plot was crappier than an emo poem written on a turds)

N Casell be a winner :comegetsome:

Offline Oscar

• Remember
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #79 on: February 24, 2011, 05:33:40 PM »
Machete
What a fuking bullshit. What I wanted: knife gore (kind of what intro promised), but what I got: basic action at best and mediocre humor. Add to that, the akwardly bright and twisted political message. First it was black stereotypes, so now it's replaced with white stereotypes? Im so fucking disapointed.
I won't even fucking bother to explain.
My father is Dirty Harry, my mother is Bloody Mary

Offline _username

• Got Stront?
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #80 on: February 25, 2011, 02:09:39 AM »
Mexican stereotypes.  Made even funnier when you watch it in a packed theater in a shitty little town on the Mexican border.
LUNA NOBIS PROVIDET

Offline El_Gostro

• Antediluvian
  • Shifting
« Reply #81 on: February 25, 2011, 02:17:58 AM »
Did they likes its????

Offline _username

• Got Stront?
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #82 on: February 25, 2011, 02:50:24 AM »
They laughed at the Mexican stereotypes at least as much as I laughed at the "Texas white guy" stereotypes.
LUNA NOBIS PROVIDET

Offline WhiteRussian

• Society of Leopold
  • Methuselah
« Reply #83 on: February 26, 2011, 02:28:29 AM »
Machete
What a fuking bullshit. What I wanted: knife gore (kind of what intro promised), but what I got: basic action at best and mediocre humor. Add to that, the akwardly bright and twisted political message. First it was black stereotypes, so now it's replaced with white stereotypes? Im so fucking disapointed.
I won't even fucking bother to explain.

Agreed 100%. The movie straight up sucked ass.
If you love something let it go. If it doesn't return, hunt it down and kill it.

Offline El_Gostro

• Antediluvian
  • Shifting
« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 02:21:52 PM by El_Gostro »

Offline El_Gostro

• Antediluvian
  • Shifting
« Reply #85 on: March 15, 2011, 01:28:14 PM »
Afters so manny passings of Janos,saws the 1994 Frankenstein movie that apparently no one in this nation can remembers.

Actually liked the big theatre-likes overacting opposed to Deniro's monster calmness!

Dunno whyes so many people think this movie was inferiors to Coppola's Dracula when the opposite seems trues,n mosto teh critics read seem to frogets it was quite lotyal to the origina book,specially into as what concerns ta the appereance n disposition o the monster

Offline _username

• Got Stront?
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #86 on: March 16, 2011, 12:04:09 AM »
In Dracula, the only good performances were from Hopkins and Oldman.  Everybody else (especially Neo) were pretty meh.
LUNA NOBIS PROVIDET

Offline PGM1961

• Apprentice Imagineer
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #87 on: March 16, 2011, 12:15:30 AM »
In Dracula, the only good performances were from Hopkins and Oldman.  Everybody else (especially Neo) were pretty meh.

I didn't think Keanu did too badly -- Jonathan Harker is supposed to be a boring little wuss... he's a lawyer, fer Chrissakes.  Why else would his woman go for a little fang action?  He's not giving it to her at home.
An honorable man will still do the right thing, even when he knows there is no chance that he will be caught and punished for doing wrong... and even if it costs him dearly.

Offline VentrueIan

• Ventrue Witch / City Gangrel Patron
  • Methuselah
  • All I want is immortality, is that so much to ask?
« Reply #88 on: March 16, 2011, 12:17:02 AM »
Afters so manny passings of Janos,saws the 1994 Frankenstein movie that apparently no one in this nation can remembers.

Actually liked the big theatre-likes overacting opposed to Deniro's monster calmness!

Dunno whyes so many people think this movie was inferiors to Coppola's Dracula when the opposite seems trues,n mosto teh critics read seem to frogets it was quite lotyal to the origina book,specially into as what concerns ta the appereance n disposition o the monster
Yea, I do remember that one, wasn't one of Deniro's better roles. I could tell they were trying to add realism to it, but it just came across as dark, depressing, and boring.
Be it though science, occult, or becoming a living ghost, if one can grasp immortality, I'll find out before the next life. Fuck reincarnation.

Offline Rick Gentle

• Gangrel Playboy
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #89 on: March 16, 2011, 05:07:01 AM »
Pretty true to the book, then.
Remember: It's not the size of your fangs that matters; it's what you stick them in.