collapse

Author Topic: Movie Reviews  (Read 40795 times)

This topic contains a post which is marked as Best Answer. Press here if you would like to see it.

Offline [archive] EPOBot

• Antediluvian
Movie Reviews
« Reply #60 on: January 25, 2006, 12:47:00 PM »
                In Reply To #60
 Let's see how this will turn out for Uncle Sam...

Udenyable facts:
 -No one ever "produces" oil, they just pump it up.
 -The need for oil is rising all the time.
 -Take the oil away, and the economy comes to a standtill.
 -Even stagnating oil supplies have a serious impact on economic growth, let alone a declining one.
 -Alternative energy sources require lots of oil to develop.

I know it all seems like propaganda, but it all makes sense to me. The fuel IS running out. Especially the cheap.                        

Offline El_Gostro

• Unposting posting poster unposting postitions
  • Antediluvian
  • Shifting
Re: Movie Reviews
« Reply #61 on: June 28, 2010, 08:56:58 PM »
ye mite wanna check the "Who killed the electric car documentary" mon?

Offline Oscar

• Remember
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #62 on: July 06, 2010, 04:23:28 PM »
So I watched Thirst (Bakjwi) , by Chan-wook Park. Movie about priest who turns into vampire against his will.
Pretty good movie, and you'll like it if you like Park's style in general.
My father is Dirty Harry, my mother is Bloody Mary

Offline Oscar

• Remember
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #63 on: July 21, 2010, 09:32:50 AM »
Eraserhead.
Great visuals, audio and atmosphere. Couldn't quite unlock it, although I let myself "go with the flow" for the first time.
My father is Dirty Harry, my mother is Bloody Mary

Offline El_Gostro

• Antediluvian
  • Shifting
« Reply #64 on: July 27, 2010, 05:27:38 PM »
Robocop :

Mon that be one movie that be resistin the passage o time!!!  :rock: :drink: :lolabove: :clap:

Offline El_Gostro

• Antediluvian
  • Shifting
« Reply #65 on: August 13, 2010, 10:41:58 PM »
The interview:
With the possible exception of trainspotting myselves have come to the conclusion that only two types of people enjoy theatre play style movies (where there is only one scenario kinda thingie):
1)The people who made them and think of them as their artistic statement
2)the gay baby boomers who write and/or read the NY times

Also Buscemi gets to fondle SIena Miller,yay

Predators:
The vagina face alien rastafaris were too distracted by Adrian brody's massive body workout program before being decapitated by his real weapon,his razor sharp nose

(fun pop corn flick I be guessins)

Offline Aydoo

• Antediluvian
    • Aydoodle
« Reply #66 on: October 09, 2010, 09:54:28 AM »
30 Days of Night: Dark Days

Even more of a departure from the Graphic Novel than the first movie. They managed to keep the look of the vampires consistant even though the budget was much lower. They raped alot of the characters and killed 90% of the Graphic Novel's plot line (Dane... :<) with the opening and the ending pretty much being the only consistant parts.

Let Me In

Now this movie was absolutely stunning. The vampire and supernatural part of the movie took a backseat to the innocent love story of two kids. The direction easily evokes emotion while tiptoeing around the horror thats next door. Honestly the best vampire story since Bram Stokers.

Offline El_Gostro

• Antediluvian
  • Shifting
« Reply #67 on: October 09, 2010, 03:00:08 PM »
The american version for dyslexics with the blondified vamp or the original swedish one(inexplicably less blondish despite 90% o the cast being blonde)?

Offline MooCHa

• Nelapsi
  • Methuselah
« Reply #68 on: October 10, 2010, 01:42:31 AM »
Watched  Kick Ass and was rather suprised at it being a pretty ok movie.

@Gostro

Love Nukulear Pit  :clap:
Regards...

Offline El_Gostro

• Antediluvian
  • Shifting
« Reply #69 on: October 10, 2010, 08:54:13 AM »
Hehehes thankies Moochator, I love the lil feller!

Saw Strange Days the other day!screenplay written by mr Cameron
Kinda fun in da sequences where the iron fleshed negro lassie kicks majors butt n gets the girlguy at ze ending:rock:
I be wonderin from what specific comic or book or other he shamelessly ripped the idea froms though.... :chinscratch:

Offline El_Gostro

• Antediluvian
  • Shifting
« Reply #70 on: October 19, 2010, 02:39:26 AM »
Resident Evil somethins (latest ones):
If I were a telepathic infant n the actors were me action figure toy thingies n I had the hots fer me one female GI Joe Ninja telepathic mary sue character toy this movie wud be the result.
Madame Jovovich be as beautiful as ever but age be begginin ta show (embrace her pleasies someones before it be too late?)

Splice:
Awesomes! Reminded me a bit o the fly with bein a very solid movie of it's own with respectable sci fi n really good effects takin second place ta the development n settin up o the characters,really really goods :P

Offline _username

• Got Stront?
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #71 on: October 19, 2010, 02:50:42 AM »
The new Elm Street was...decent.  I saw a lot of people who consider themselves Elm Street Diehards, and they were all trashing the new film, but...I never considered the first one to be some kind of pinnacle in film making.  The guy they got for Freddie (same guy who played Rorshach in The Watchmen) did a pretty good job.  There weren't any cheap scares, but the "creepy nightmare atmosphere" wasn't quite as good as films like The Cell or Silent Hill.
LUNA NOBIS PROVIDET

Offline El_Gostro

• Antediluvian
  • Shifting
« Reply #72 on: October 19, 2010, 03:19:05 AM »
The new Elm Street was...decent.  I saw a lot of people who consider themselves Elm Street Diehards, and they were all trashing the new film, but...I never considered the first one to be some kind of pinnacle in film making.  The guy they got for Freddie (same guy who played Rorshach in The Watchmen) did a pretty good job.  There weren't any cheap scares, but the "creepy nightmare atmosphere" wasn't quite as good as films like The Cell or Silent Hill.

Wethinks 'is name be Jack or Jackie Early Halley or somethins like that?
Aye,he be lookin like avin the right vibe to play the Krueger fella!
Shame ta hear bout the atmo thingie but I still wants ta see how good it goes ("I don't wanna watch,chad!Is she dead yet?" girlfriendrantsatthecinemawhothengethackedtodeathbyrealpsychoatthebathroomafterthemoviewhenchadwantstohavesex horror movies usually bores me)

Offline El_Gostro

• Antediluvian
  • Shifting
« Reply #73 on: October 24, 2010, 07:05:21 PM »
Saw "The last airbender"
As much as I loves riding the bash Shaymalan Bandwagon,the original source material was pretty shitty already n I can actually relate to the poor fool directing this thingie.
The  only way he could include even 20% of the stuffs fans demanded HAD ta be theres was ta do the unbelevably dull montage transition that be makin up 99% o this movie.
The effects,plot, and original idea I already despised brought a new level of perception to mes

Now I knows how an elderly granma with cataracts feels likes when she be sittin in a sofa knittin n her grandchildren be hooked playin some dull video game or other that seems nothing but a bunch of flashy things ocasionally surrounding humanoid figures and emitting some incomprehensible noise that be disruptin the peace

(Ohs and if there be on thing I despise more than  japanese animation/comic plater eyed thingies,be bad western imitation of japanese animation/comic plater eyed thingies,because these lack even the over the top violence n rapey rape rape sex the original source material generously segregates)

A solid 5 yarns of 5 yarns!

Hug yer granmas

Offline El_Gostro

• Antediluvian
  • Shifting
« Reply #74 on: October 25, 2010, 02:25:47 AM »
The lost Boys (3) The thirst:

This be a nice brinback to eigthies slay vamps by the dozens and could actually be rolleds as an over the top Hunter The reckonin gamey as wells!
Wasnt expecting it ta be so entertainings (specially if ya get that feminine hygiene commercial referencies!!!)