collapse

Author Topic: Movie Reviews  (Read 40967 times)

Offline WhiteRussian

• Society of Leopold
  • Methuselah
Re: Movie Reviews
« Reply #240 on: May 09, 2012, 09:32:15 PM »
I think it would work wonderfully. The Hulk always starts with Banner and, up until now, no one was capable of pulling off a good Bruce Banner until Mark Ruffalo came along. He was PERFECT in the Avengers.

I thought The Incredible Hulk movie was decent, while the first one(the Ang Lee directed piece of shit) was...well...a piece of shit.

I think the slate is as follows:

Avengers(just released)
Iron Man 3(next year)
Thor 2(2014)
Captain America 2(2014)
Avengers 2(2015)

That's as of the latest Marvel Studios earnings report.

If you love something let it go. If it doesn't return, hunt it down and kill it.

Offline El_Gostro

• Unposting posting poster unposting postitions
  • Antediluvian
  • Shifting
« Reply #241 on: May 21, 2012, 12:25:06 PM »
The movie wa slots of fun will admit ,even though had ta see it in spanish,bhleh.
Stills n though mes hats be off ta Mr Whedon one could easily that the asgardians were not under the direction of ShaKenneth Branagh.

N the teaser at the end (Some of ya that have mes on fb will already have read this) be a sad reminder that it be unlikely that DC will ever sum up the bollocks to pull of an Omega sanctioning Darkseid on the silver screen...  :chinscratch:

Offline El_Gostro

• Antediluvian
  • Shifting
« Reply #242 on: May 22, 2012, 06:11:55 AM »
Alsos ,nother reflection upong seeing the banners n advances on ticket line.
Has Tim burton run dry out of ideas and shamelessly started copying himself,has he given up trying or did he finally realize that using a black and white pallete and stop motioned characters taken from the mold design he used for his last 3 movies done with the technique and using the same slightly altered Danny Elfman score equals loads of cash from Hot topic?

Offline Rick Gentle

• Gangrel Playboy
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #243 on: May 22, 2012, 11:58:21 AM »
I was thinking that Burton was starting to give in to Hollywood mainstream, if anything. The whole sex scene in Dark Shadows added nothing to the plot. It was just... raunchy. The movie still had the whole moral message I like about Burton films, but there were a few other things in there that didn't really add anything to the movie... I kind of missed the Johnny Depp/Helena Bonham Carter duet musical number, too. (Still love the one from Sweeney Todd.)
Remember: It's not the size of your fangs that matters; it's what you stick them in.

Offline Oscar

• Remember
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #244 on: May 23, 2012, 03:40:08 AM »
Last one I watched was refreshment for childhood memories: Daffy Duck's quackbusters. The battle scene with dracula still cracked me up. Dracula turns into bat, Bugs turns into baseball bat, then dracula spells glasses and says "you wouldn't hit bat with glasses on would you?" and wham, yes it did.
My father is Dirty Harry, my mother is Bloody Mary

Offline El_Gostro

• Antediluvian
  • Shifting
« Reply #245 on: May 23, 2012, 12:26:41 PM »
Last one I watched was refreshment for childhood memories: Daffy Duck's quackbusters. The battle scene with dracula still cracked me up. Dracula turns into bat, Bugs turns into baseball bat, then dracula spells glasses and says "you wouldn't hit bat with glasses on would you?" and wham, yes it did.

That should be the spell effect for the lvl 5 dementation discipline effect! :rock:

I was thinking that Burton was starting to give in to Hollywood mainstream, if anything. The whole sex scene in Dark Shadows added nothing to the plot. It was just... raunchy. The movie still had the whole moral message I like about Burton films, but there were a few other things in there that didn't really add anything to the movie... I kind of missed the Johnny Depp/Helena Bonham Carter duet musical number, too. (Still love the one from Sweeney Todd.)

The chocolate factory did likes,the whole meta thingie,specially with the Michael Jackson allusions of a man inserting a bunch of kiddies into his wonderful house of wonders n all thats but alsoes cuz it showed burton trying to demonstrate he could change his color pallete every once in a while.

The corpse bride though fun was kind of a deceivement. Victor=Jack Skellington with flesh n human head with unconfident voice provided by Depp and could swear they pretty much reused the same mold and style of children than in TNMBC.
Saw advances for Frankenweenie,the protagonist child be pretty much Victor head childified to style of the other two"dark "movies (Jack and the peach kinda changed style a bit so it doesnt count)  n the dog be also done pretty much in the same style.
Well,could always say it be it's own contained universe with each movie as a spin off tale n pull out an MMO since it be so popular nowadays

Offline MooCHa

• Nelapsi
  • Methuselah
« Reply #246 on: June 07, 2012, 04:43:38 PM »
Just finished watching Goon and it was worth the watch.
Regards...

Offline Oscar

• Remember
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #247 on: June 08, 2012, 01:18:13 AM »
The Walking Dead season 1, watched it in row (six hours about).

Now toward the end of season 2, and like I feared, it became much worse. Pretty much like the bold and the beautiful... and so fucking slow!

Daryl is definitely my favorite character. Survivalist, tracker, hunter, carries a fucking busse too! (knife). Speaking of knives, it's funny to spot knives in this series. I've sofar spotted buck 110, busse (don't know model), spyderco (propably manix), gerber LMF, various gerber machetes etc. also that brat carries some small beltknife Im not aware of, looks like ZT but not exactly.

Offline MooCHa

• Nelapsi
  • Methuselah
« Reply #248 on: June 08, 2012, 03:52:09 AM »

Now toward the end of season 2, and like I feared, it became much worse. Pretty much like the bold and the beautiful... and so fucking slow!

Daryl is definitely my favorite character. Survivalist, tracker, hunter, carries a fucking busse too! (knife). Speaking of knives, it's funny to spot knives in this series. I've sofar spotted buck 110, busse (don't know model), spyderco (propably manix), gerber LMF, various gerber machetes etc. also that brat carries some small beltknife Im not aware of, looks like ZT but not exactly.

Yeah, I like Daryl too. One of the better characters for sure.

I've got to agree as series 2 went on it got worse but I think it was a lot to do with budget restraints as to why It went down that road. Its basically a soap opera with zombies lol. Its the best way I can describe it.

Regards...

Offline Porphyria

• Antediluvian
« Reply #249 on: June 15, 2012, 01:49:51 AM »
Prometheus: I really enjoyed it, in that sort of sick shit you can't look away from because it's cool way. I am a huge sci-fi fan, so I am biased, whatever. I still think it was pretty decent aside from some fucking stupid scientists. Loved Fassbender's performance. Also some cool Ripley-esque moments. Caution: do not overthink it.

Chernobyl Diarrhea...er Diaries: Saw this one with Signo. We laughed. Frequently. To the point where some old bitch in front of us, told us to shut up (one of the other 6 people in the room). This movie was so bad, I think it actually gave ME radiation poisoning. You will wish your face was burning off, rather that sit through to the conclusion. Ridiculous cliches, retarded dialog and even more stupid antagonists. Bonus: a cute CGI bear ran through this movie.

Offline Porphyria

• Antediluvian
« Reply #250 on: June 15, 2012, 01:57:11 AM »

Yeah, I like Daryl too. One of the better characters for sure.

I've got to agree as series 2 went on it got worse but I think it was a lot to do with budget restraints as to why It went down that road. Its basically a soap opera with zombies lol. Its the best way I can describe it.

I've seen both seasons and I am someone who went into it without any comic background. I don't want to start reading them yet, because of the huge deviation. I want to enjoy the show for what it is. Season One, awesome, but Season two has its problems. Too slow and nothing really going on at that farm for so long. They needed to move on earlier. I also really like Daryl, he is a BAMF, and I like Glen too. The Rick/Shane/Laurie shit was wearing on me also. Not enough action in the second season.

Offline Oscar

• Remember
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #251 on: June 15, 2012, 02:39:37 AM »
Yea, it felt to me that only episodes at season 2 that reminded the first season was the first few episodes and the last one. That farm just went almost banal.

Offline Oscar

• Remember
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #252 on: June 15, 2012, 02:40:10 AM »
Watched the new version of The Thing..
Do I even have to say?  :irritated:

Offline _username

• Got Stront?
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #253 on: June 15, 2012, 04:21:15 AM »
Yea, it felt to me that only episodes at season 2 that reminded the first season was the first few episodes and the last one. That farm just went almost banal.

I agree.  That stupid farm, and that stupid lady ("OMG, I'm knocked up and must neglect my retarded son because I'm having an illegitimate child") and her stupid husband's inability to see things for what they were...ruined most of season 2.  Most of it, mind you...there were some pretty cool parts here and there.  The "Nebraska" showdown was pretty badass, and "the big showdown" at the season finale was decent.
LUNA NOBIS PROVIDET

Offline Porphyria

• Antediluvian
« Reply #254 on: June 26, 2012, 11:54:57 PM »
Watched the new version of The Thing..
Do I even have to say?  :irritated:

I KNEW THAT WAS HORDAK!!