collapse

Author Topic: Movie Reviews  (Read 38460 times)

Offline El_Gostro

• Unposting posting poster unposting postitions
  • Antediluvian
  • Shifting
Re: Movie Reviews
« Reply #210 on: November 07, 2011, 04:17:54 AM »

Pretty fun 90's style VR flickie,nows be wanting some threads like the ones sported by Master Trickster

Dandelion n white zombie in the backgrounf for the win
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 04:28:41 AM by El_Gostro »

Offline El_Gostro

• Antediluvian
  • Shifting
« Reply #211 on: November 14, 2011, 05:24:45 AM »
Dylan dog was a more than acceptable WOD type flickie,nothing like the strip but not sures whyes got so bashed. Twa spretty much a reenactment  of a standard combined wod play out...
N even though he be your standard cheesecake serving,superouthops mon aint such a bad actor (could empathize a lot more with im than Sera in Pilgrim)

The vampires being hipsters was pure fun :p

Offline El_Gostro

• Antediluvian
  • Shifting
« Reply #212 on: November 14, 2011, 09:40:37 PM »
Any surreal reccomendations?

Offline Oscar

• Remember
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #213 on: November 24, 2011, 12:19:23 AM »
Any surreal reccomendations?

Takashi Miike:
Gozu
Visitor Q

David Lynch:
Mulholland dr.
Inland Empire
Or pretty much any of his work
My father is Dirty Harry, my mother is Bloody Mary

Offline El_Gostro

• Antediluvian
  • Shifting
« Reply #214 on: November 24, 2011, 04:57:34 AM »
Awesomes, gonna find ems!!!!
Thankers, Uminirors!

Offline El_Gostro

• Antediluvian
  • Shifting
« Reply #215 on: November 30, 2011, 04:10:49 PM »
Nerdspher ecomplaining about Bane's looks in upcoming Baleman movie.
Doesnt seem that bad to selves n Bane was a personal favorite since the character first came out in the awesome though somewhat hated Knightfall story.
In the pseudo gritty realism approach Nolan has been giving the Goddamn Baleman movies,that he wears functional combat clothing n a pseudo functional/mcguffin/boss weakness flare mask as opposed to luchador dos be somewhat logical and respectful of the original¡s character main sthrenght: Practicality and functionality as opposed to the Batman's theathrics.

Offline Porphyria

• Antediluvian
« Reply #216 on: December 01, 2011, 05:46:27 PM »
Watched two remakes. The Thing which scared the BEJESUS out of me, basically, and the Fright Night remake. Fright Night was decent. Had some different takes on the lore and the visuals. Was a movie in which Colin Farell was actually bearable. Maybe he should just stick to talking like an american.

Offline El_Gostro

• Antediluvian
  • Shifting
« Reply #217 on: December 01, 2011, 08:31:40 PM »
Saw him in Bruuges?
The feller be one hell of an actor,blame the Hollywood typecast industry

Offline _Master_

• Ancillus
  • Who's your Dad(dy)!?
« Reply #218 on: December 02, 2011, 04:16:54 AM »
Was a movie in which Colin Farell was actually bearable. Maybe he should just stick to talking like an american.

The worst part is his Irish accent is fake too. He puts on a mild but hardman inner city Dublin accent but his family are from a very upper class area in the suburbs. I dunno why he does either... Id go with the yank/midatlantic accent too

Accent probably doesnt seem a big thing but there is a fairly big difference here hehehe
Big Box Little Box by Damo & Ivor (Official Video)
\m/ember of the \m/odern \m/annerbund

Offline _Master_

• Ancillus
  • Who's your Dad(dy)!?
« Reply #219 on: December 02, 2011, 04:30:47 AM »
or better yet to illustrate the massive difference...

Everybody's Drinkin' by Damo & Ivor (Official Video)

Can you imagine having to grow up in a country full of these oddballs? Id fake an accent and emmigrate to lol
\m/ember of the \m/odern \m/annerbund

Offline Nigama

• Dead
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #220 on: December 02, 2011, 04:46:44 PM »
Watched two remakes. The Thing which scared the BEJESUS out of me, basically, and the Fright Night remake. Fright Night was decent. Had some different takes on the lore and the visuals. Was a movie in which Colin Farell was actually bearable. Maybe he should just stick to talking like an american.

The Thing (2011) is actually *NOT* a remake, it's technically a prequel.  Still, the original The Thing (1982) is amazing.  If the 2011 version scared you, definitely watch the '82 version, it's a masterpiece.  And I don't say that word lightly when it comes to John Carpenter movies (which tend to be amazing or garbage, with little room in between - "Vampire$" for example, was a fun read and a good story (originally a book), but an extremely shitty John Carpenter movie{Why change a good thing, John?  If it ain't broken, don't fix it.}).

With Fright Night, some people are purists and insist on only loving the original.  But I enjoyed the modern take on it.  I'd sit down to watch either version, actually.

You peoples would murder me if you knew the last movie I'd watched..  I'll just say it doesn't involve sparkles, damphir and native american werewolves.. nope.. definitely not.

Nigama
Keep friendly movies close, keep enemy movies closer?
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 04:48:34 PM by Nigama »
"You may not remember us, but we may be responsible for your lack of memory."

Offline El_Gostro

• Antediluvian
  • Shifting
« Reply #221 on: December 02, 2011, 05:14:21 PM »
Hey being a That female hygiene commercial vampire rules!
You don't age,you get super powers,free liposuction to show your abs,automatically make it to the popular list in school/college/work place,bloodlust can be restricted to wooden brooding,your clan has a luxury paradise island tropical resort for wedding and/or honeymoon events,you get dental , social weekends including vampire baseball,and if that wasnt enough you CAN  HAVE SEX and if the ladies/guys don t find you stunning desirable enough,you can step into the sunlight without horribly disintegrating and sparkling like a sungod...

What are the drawbacks again?
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 05:16:06 PM by El_Gostro »

Offline El_Gostro

• Antediluvian
  • Shifting
« Reply #222 on: December 02, 2011, 05:23:27 PM »
or better yet to illustrate the massive difference...

Everybody's Drinkin' by Damo & Ivor (Official Video)

Can you imagine having to grow up in a country full of these oddballs? Id fake an accent and emmigrate to lol

I's bow to the new gods!!! :rock:

Offline Porphyria

• Antediluvian
« Reply #223 on: December 02, 2011, 06:00:56 PM »

The Thing (2011) is actually *NOT* a remake, it's technically a prequel.  Still, the original The Thing (1982) is amazing.  If the 2011 version scared you, definitely watch the '82 version, it's a masterpiece.  And I don't say that word lightly when it comes to John Carpenter movies (which tend to be amazing or garbage, with little room in between - "Vampire$" for example, was a fun read and a good story (originally a bo

So, ok, I am not going to watch the '82 version even though I know it would be good and probably answer this point I am about to describe, because I will be scared and I need my sleep right now. This isn't really spoiling much, but my theory is that the ship found is NOT The Thing's ship. That it was another alien species that the Thing wiped out in the same way. The technology seemed really incongruent with what that thing was.  Am I right?

Offline Nigama

• Dead
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #224 on: December 02, 2011, 07:55:20 PM »

The Thing (2011) is actually *NOT* a remake, it's technically a prequel.  Still, the original The Thing (1982) is amazing.  If the 2011 version scared you, definitely watch the '82 version, it's a masterpiece.  And I don't say that word lightly when it comes to John Carpenter movies (which tend to be amazing or garbage, with little room in between - "Vampire$" for example, was a fun read and a good story (originally a bo

So, ok, I am not going to watch the '82 version even though I know it would be good and probably answer this point I am about to describe, because I will be scared and I need my sleep right now. This isn't really spoiling much, but my theory is that the ship found is NOT The Thing's ship. That it was another alien species that the Thing wiped out in the same way. The technology seemed really incongruent with what that thing was.  Am I right?

That 82 version actually answers a lot fewer questions, tbh it mostly raises them.  In short, there's no definitive answer to your question, just a lot of theories.  But I tend to agree with what you think, that it's not the (start of movie)Thing's ship, and I tend to go with the theory that some species was transporting the Thing for some reason, it broke out of containment and began taking them over/killing them, in that process the ship was damaged, they did a controlled landing in an area where there was minimal life for the thing to copy, they crashed, all dying with only one Thing remaining, who crawled out of the ship looking for life to take over and froze only to be found years later by the Norwegian team starting the 2011 The Thing, which is followed directly by the 1982 the Thing, which leaves several life forms alive which could all be Things.

Full range of theories include: The Thing may have been: (1): the pilot, (2): a passenger, (3): a stowaway, (4): part of the cargo, or (5): a prisoner being transported to some interstellar prison.

Nigama
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 07:59:42 PM by Nigama »
"You may not remember us, but we may be responsible for your lack of memory."