collapse

Author Topic: Movie Reviews  (Read 40790 times)

Offline El_Gostro

• Unposting posting poster unposting postitions
  • Antediluvian
  • Shifting
Re: Movie Reviews
« Reply #135 on: June 13, 2011, 02:53:07 AM »
The x men first class movie is hilarious:
Now I's knows that Villa Gesell is actually in Rio Negro and that place by the beach is a lie.
And the spanish they spoke?
 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Nows I's dont wannna go on an anti american rant here ,but ares on the verge of believing a large part of the reason why americans are universally perceived as blathering incompetent ignorants is largely due to how their own media ends up portraying them.

Offline PGM1961

• Apprentice Imagineer
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #136 on: June 13, 2011, 03:08:06 AM »
I'm forced to agree with Gostro.  I cringe every time I see some inbred mouth-breather featured in some 'man on the street' interview.  Even the redneck relatives on my father's side are smarter than most of those idiots.  Why does the media insist on using the most ignorant dumbasses they can find to represent the American people?  The same goes for our political candidates... they only represent the extreme viewpoints, not the majority of Americans.  Unfortunately, moderates don't get the headlines... only the radicals.

As for X-Men: First Class... well, the best I can say is that it was slightly better than the Wolverine movie.  Even though it was full of inconsistencies with the Marvel universe (and even the X-Men movies.).
An honorable man will still do the right thing, even when he knows there is no chance that he will be caught and punished for doing wrong... and even if it costs him dearly.

Offline Porphyria

• Antediluvian
« Reply #137 on: June 13, 2011, 08:35:11 AM »
What's really up with this glut of superhero movies. It seems like it's almost all there is at the show anymore. Week after week, hero after hero. I admit even I went to Thor (hello eyecandy) but in all seriousness, are we really all feeling that inadequate and powerless as people anymore?? That we have to watch superheroes to be happy? Either that or vampires. We are a bunch of lame-ass bitches.

Maybe I shouldn't even bother psychoanalyzing it. No one can tell a vampire or a super-hero what to do. But to keep it on topic, I saw that Priest movie. Flimsy, no characters.....enh.

Offline Oscar

• Remember
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #138 on: June 13, 2011, 10:16:31 AM »
The Eagle
Roman general wishes to be commanded to Britain in order to restore his fathers shame of losing the roman eagle (and to punish himself perhaps). It was entertaining, but not much more. With the resources, they should have made more battleoriented historical movie rather than few men's personal guerilla styled adventure to barbarian land.

Hanna
Story of man and his daughter, who he trains in northern Finland to become perfect killer and avenge their family's dark past. Biggest problem personally was, that this movie didn't quite know what it wanted to be. Survival, action, drama.. all mashed up into one. I liked the drama / adventure parts best, and they should have been more personal about the overall story. Revenge starts to be washed up.
My father is Dirty Harry, my mother is Bloody Mary

Offline RIFK

• Methuselah
« Reply #139 on: June 13, 2011, 12:22:40 PM »
The x men first class movie is hilarious:
Now I's knows that Villa Gesell is actually in Rio Negro and that place by the beach is a lie.
And the spanish they spoke?
 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Nows I's dont wannna go on an anti american rant here ,but ares on the verge of believing a large part of the reason why americans are universally perceived as blathering incompetent ignorants is largely due to how their own media ends up portraying them.

I'm forced to agree with Gostro.  I cringe every time I see some inbred mouth-breather featured in some 'man on the street' interview.  Even the redneck relatives on my father's side are smarter than most of those idiots.  Why does the media insist on using the most ignorant dumbasses they can find to represent the American people?  The same goes for our political candidates... they only represent the extreme viewpoints, not the majority of Americans.  Unfortunately, moderates don't get the headlines... only the radicals.

As for X-Men: First Class... well, the best I can say is that it was slightly better than the Wolverine movie.  Even though it was full of inconsistencies with the Marvel universe (and even the X-Men movies.).

Uh, I'm pretty sure every other country has just as many stereotypical idiots. People bash the USA way too fucking much without realizing some of the much dumber shit going on around them that other countries are responsible of.

I'll just leave this here: http://i.imgur.com/wfcTZ.jpg

Offline Oscar

• Remember
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #140 on: June 13, 2011, 12:48:35 PM »

Offline WhiteRussian

• Society of Leopold
  • Methuselah
« Reply #141 on: June 13, 2011, 03:28:27 PM »
^^^^^^  :rock:
If you love something let it go. If it doesn't return, hunt it down and kill it.

Offline El_Gostro

• Unposting posting poster unposting postitions
  • Antediluvian
  • Shifting
« Reply #142 on: June 13, 2011, 04:39:09 PM »
That was a real argument breaker hehehs,though in myes case I'd add a "fuck,cant buy that...stupid currency rates for imports :("

Offline PGM1961

• Apprentice Imagineer
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #143 on: June 13, 2011, 06:17:57 PM »
Uh, I'm pretty sure every other country has just as many stereotypical idiots. People bash the USA way too fucking much without realizing some of the much dumber shit going on around them that other countries are responsible of.

Never said the U.S. has more than our share of idiots.  I'm saying that the news media seems to go out of their way to find the most stupid people they can for on-air interviews... at least here in Texas.  It doesn't help our image.

It also doesn't help our image when the only politicians who seem to get the sound bites are the radical ones, who either represent the religious right or the ultra-liberal left.  The politicians in the middle, who are the majority, don't get the publicity because they don't say anything stupid, they don't send naked pictures on Facebook, and they don't sexually harass the interns assigned to their office.  All they do is talk about the 'issues', which nobody cares about.

I like the link you posted, showing that the idiots in that picture were European, instead of American.  There's a Finnish website, which shows plenty of stupid Europeans: http://kuvaton.com  I can only read the ones in English, but the US-bashing seems to be kept to a minimum.  It looks like a fair cross-section of stupidity.   :smile:
An honorable man will still do the right thing, even when he knows there is no chance that he will be caught and punished for doing wrong... and even if it costs him dearly.

Offline Porphyria

• Antediluvian
« Reply #144 on: June 13, 2011, 08:54:08 PM »

Never said the U.S. has more than our share of idiots.  I'm saying that the news media seems to go out of their way to find the most stupid people they can for on-air interviews... at least here in Texas.  It doesn't help our image.

It also doesn't help our image when the only politicians who seem to get the sound bites are the radical ones, who either represent the religious right or the ultra-liberal left.

Well, Alex Jones gets a lot of sounds bites right from "the heart of Texas" and he is "non-partisan", un huh.

Offline Rick Gentle

• Gangrel Playboy
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #145 on: June 13, 2011, 10:47:48 PM »
Holy shizzle! Red vs. Blue! It's EVERYWHERE!!

Though England/the United Kingdom isn't part of the European Union, so it's weird to see them under that flag...
Remember: It's not the size of your fangs that matters; it's what you stick them in.

Offline Oscar

• Remember
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #146 on: June 14, 2011, 05:29:53 AM »
Wat?

Offline RIFK

• Methuselah
« Reply #147 on: June 14, 2011, 11:55:48 AM »

It also doesn't help our image when the only politicians who seem to get the sound bites are the radical ones, who either represent the religious right or the ultra-liberal left.  The politicians in the middle, who are the majority, don't get the publicity because they don't say anything stupid, they don't send naked pictures on Facebook, and they don't sexually harass the interns assigned to their office.  All they do is talk about the 'issues', which nobody cares about.

I like the link you posted, showing that the idiots in that picture were European, instead of American.  There's a Finnish website, which shows plenty of stupid Europeans: http://kuvaton.com  I can only read the ones in English, but the US-bashing seems to be kept to a minimum.  It looks like a fair cross-section of stupidity.   :smile:

Off-topic: Texas is honestly where I plan to move after I get my career started. The people seem friendlier than almost everywhere else in the USA. As a firearms enthusiast the laws regarding firearms are pretty awesome there too. I hate it here in Maryland. Nothing but old people, weeaboos, fat-headed jocks, gothfags, and white people who wished they were black.

On-topic: I wasn't implying you said that. I too acknowledge the idiocy that anything with a record button seems to attract. I just think the USA gets way too much shit for said idiocy when the same thing goes on in every other country too. People like picking on the USA for some reason. I'll never understand it.

Offline Ventrueloquist

• Methuselah
« Reply #148 on: June 14, 2011, 03:36:43 PM »
I thought X-Men : First class was great, the best X-men movie to date. Sure there were inconsistencies, but that's expected when you consider that this movie is a reboot (and a prequel to boot). Every other X-men movie before this, always had some element(s) that brought the whole experience down somewhat (most blatant in the Wolverine movie), so that they became good instead of great.

Being Swedish, I don't find Americans that stupid. It's just a prejudice that some people like to keep alive, because the truth is much more complex and boring. I see USA more as a land that spans both extremes, good and bad/brilliant and stupid/extravagant and sparse.

The people who shout the loudest are the ones who are going to be heard the most - that's an unfortunate truth. People/statements that are "reasonable" aren't considered newsworthy and so the media reports other more inviting stories that will get higher ratings, stories that are easier to sell. At least, if they don't take their jobs serious. In Sweden we also have e.g. newspapers that are no more than gossip mongering don't-check-the-facts-on-a-good-story kind of media, so it's not just an American problem of reporting a skewed picture of reality. 

Offline Saintly pants

• Golcondanite
  • Ancillus
« Reply #149 on: June 18, 2011, 09:47:44 AM »
"Battle Royale"

My expectations were so high a dissapointment was inevitable. Here i was thinking this would be a movie about Gogo Yubari gleefully slaughtering all competition (or tricking them into doing it for her) and ultimately cutting Kitano's dick off (or something equally exessive) and what i got was some kind of poor mans Clockwork orange that starts out pretty dope but then gets progressively more boring. It shurely has its moments but i left me with a "You ran out of ink, didn't yah you bastards?" feeling once again. A frequent flaw in anything from Japan it seems.

Also, what's up with Kitano? At first he is TOTALLY scary, capable of difusing a bomb by just staring at it. Then he seemed to realize that he acted way too much for one movie and proceded to do random goofy shit for no reason at all and...whatever. Was he looking for that one special student with a pure heart to off him? Who knows??

Still, the killing scenes are pretty fun. I never seen a machine gun with such a huge clip and such low accuracy.

It's an ok movie, but absolutely not the all consuming masterpiece that some incredibly cool people believe it to be.

And there was almost no Gogo, damit!
« Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 09:50:08 AM by Saintly pants »
Try to limit your damage.