collapse

Author Topic: Movie Reviews  (Read 38330 times)

Offline Barabbah

• Majestic madness maker
  • Antediluvian
Re: Movie Reviews
« Reply #345 on: April 16, 2019, 05:43:54 AM »
SERIOUS HORROR
Call of cthulhu (2005)
La herencia valdemar (2010 dilogy)

DARK COMEDY HORROR
Bubba hotep (2002)
Tucker and dale vs evil (2010)

DOCUMENTARY
This film is not yet rated (2006)
A band called death (2012)

ACTION
The boondocks saints (and the sequel too)
L'Immortel (2010)

FANTASY
Korgoth the barbarian (2006)
The city of lost children (1995)

COMEDY/DRAMA
24 hour party people (2004)
The guard (2011)

DRAMMATIC
M (1931)
Freaks (1932)

FUCKED UP
Postal (2007)
Crank (2006)

TRASH
Cheerleader autopsy (2003)
Tomb of dracula (1980)
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 05:46:13 AM by Barabbah »
"Some quotations," said Zellaby, "are greatly improved by lack of context."
― John Wyndham, The Midwich Cuckoos
"fuck the hole in the face"
― me

Offline fylimar

• Ancillus
« Reply #346 on: July 01, 2019, 09:21:59 PM »
Barabbah: Call of Cthulhu: do you mean the black & white movie from teh Lovecraft society? One of the best Lovecraft movies, I have seen so far. The other one is Huan Vus 'Die Farbe' (The color out of space).

As for movies in general, here are some favorites of mine:

Three Billboards outside Ebbing, Missouri: one of the best movies, I have ever seen. The story is so wonderfully written and I love, how there is fine sarcastic humour, while the characters are still taken serious. A real gem.

Pans labyrinth: Wonderful story, beautiful and sometimes deliciously disturbing pictures with lovecraftian vibes

Watchmen: my favorite comic movie (and my favorite comic)

Offline Barabbah

• Majestic madness maker
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #347 on: July 02, 2019, 02:08:27 PM »
Barabbah: Call of Cthulhu: do you mean the black & white movie from teh Lovecraft society? One of the best Lovecraft movies, I have seen so far. The other one is Huan Vus 'Die Farbe' (The color out of space).

Three Billboards outside Ebbing, Missouri: one of the best movies, I have ever seen. The story is so wonderfully written and I love, how there is fine sarcastic humour, while the characters are still taken serious. A real gem.

Pans labyrinth: Wonderful story, beautiful and sometimes deliciously disturbing pictures with lovecraftian vibes

1. Yes, the one in black and white done personally by the Lovecraft cultural preservation foundation
2. Never heard
3. Never seen
4. Loved the comic book, somehow hated the movie XD ok, jokes aside: this adaptment is almost perfect. And it's this almost that ruins it all: the elements added (gore and action) where completely out of place. And the missing scene from Rorschach's theraphy, which made really great the character, is the last nail on the coffin, where in a movie otherwise this perfect (where even the imperfect moments where reworked better than what could be possible) only makes it tragical....
― me

Offline fylimar

• Ancillus
« Reply #348 on: July 02, 2019, 03:12:48 PM »

1. Yes, the one in black and white done personally by the Lovecraft cultural preservation foundation
2. Never heard
3. Never seen
4. Loved the comic book, somehow hated the movie XD ok, jokes aside: this adaptment is almost perfect. And it's this almost that ruins it all: the elements added (gore and action) where completely out of place. And the missing scene from Rorschach's theraphy, which made really great the character, is the last nail on the coffin, where in a movie otherwise this perfect (where even the imperfect moments where reworked better than what could be possible) only makes it tragical....

I thought so about Call of Cthulhu, I know of no other adaption atm. That is one of my favorite Lovecraft movies too.

You really should check out Three billboards and Pans labyrinth, they are great.

It took me a while to really appreciate Watchmen, but now, I love the movie

Offline Barabbah

• Majestic madness maker
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #349 on: July 02, 2019, 06:45:30 PM »
For me seeing watchmen was like hearing the most perfect play of a classical music piece except the tenor sweared at random, instead of singing, and then going out for a smoke break in the middle of the concert.

"LA DONNA É MOBILE, fuck, QUAL PIUMA AL VENTO, shit, MUTA D'ACCENTO E DI PENSIERO, buuurp! SEMPRE UN AMABILE, rimjob, LEGGIADRO VISO IN PIANTO O IN RISO republicans È MENZOGNERO. Yo buddies! Smoke break, don't stop the music"
― me

Offline fylimar

• Ancillus
« Reply #350 on: July 02, 2019, 07:19:09 PM »
For me seeing watchmen was like hearing the most perfect play of a classical music piece except the tenor sweared at random, instead of singing, and then going out for a smoke break in the middle of the concert.

"LA DONNA É MOBILE, fuck, QUAL PIUMA AL VENTO, shit, MUTA D'ACCENTO E DI PENSIERO, buuurp! SEMPRE UN AMABILE, rimjob, LEGGIADRO VISO IN PIANTO O IN RISO republicans È MENZOGNERO. Yo buddies! Smoke break, don't stop the music"

Now, I want to hear this xD
Love Love x 1 View List

Offline Barabbah

• Majestic madness maker
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #351 on: July 02, 2019, 11:34:49 PM »
Thankfully there is a noteworthy fandom dedicated to edit movies....
― me