collapse

Author Topic: Movie Reviews  (Read 40962 times)

Offline Oscar

• Remember
  • Antediluvian
Re: Movie Reviews
« Reply #255 on: June 27, 2012, 04:34:48 AM »
Watched the new version of The Thing..
Do I even have to say?  :irritated:

I KNEW THAT WAS HORDAK!!

:chinscratch:
My father is Dirty Harry, my mother is Bloody Mary

Offline El_Gostro

• Unposting posting poster unposting postitions
  • Antediluvian
  • Shifting
« Reply #256 on: June 27, 2012, 07:01:39 AM »
The new John Carter of mars flickie wasnt all that bad,why do nerds seem to hate this Tatum fella so much?
He's nothing memorable but certainly not worse than the rest...

Offline El_Gostro

• Antediluvian
  • Shifting
« Reply #257 on: July 24, 2012, 05:34:37 PM »
Batman movie even in foul spansih trans√łation was all mannerd of awesome even if guesses the script I's figured out ten mins into it. Also shouted "que capo!" when michael cane said he was having a Fernet Branca and was utterlu dissapointed to see thatwhen he actually got it,it didnt look anything like branca but like a sample of champagne in a  SMALL champagne glass.awesome cast n adaptation o nightfall

Seen true blood season finale and enjoyed tje jerk vamp elder again.more and more likemasquerade!

Underworld 3 was fun sp ially in the observation of evolving grasp of making acceptable lycanthropes and serving audience with more eyecandy than script but still kinda fun.

Teen wolf-quite fun though for some reason only the baddies seem likeable or competent

So question remains,after such a mediocre movie like van helsing showed how easy it could be done,why are film makers so afraid of making a good. Crinos on screen move and not give face time to underwear models?

Offline _username

• Got Stront?
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #258 on: July 24, 2012, 06:46:04 PM »
Good question, even being 8 years ago, Van Helsing showed that SFX are easily able to do the seamless transition from human to Crinos and back, and look completely badass.
LUNA NOBIS PROVIDET

Offline El_Gostro

• Antediluvian
  • Shifting
« Reply #259 on: July 24, 2012, 07:13:50 PM »
8 years ago?!fuck i's are becoming an elder!

Offline Oscar

• Remember
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #260 on: July 31, 2012, 12:52:17 PM »
Ghost World. It was pretty allright drama.
I kind of found the movie somehow relatable.

Offline El_Gostro

• Antediluvian
  • Shifting
« Reply #261 on: July 31, 2012, 03:53:28 PM »
That s cuz you gotta leave that damn snow and come metal/rock/hiphop it up with yer mate Gostro on sunny sandy beaches,bra

Offline Oscar

• Remember
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #262 on: October 30, 2012, 11:06:14 AM »
Watched "Heat" again. It has become one of my favorite movies.
It's so serene, floating and dreamlike at times and when the action scenes come in it's like huge icy atlantic salmon being slapped at your face.

Offline _username

• Got Stront?
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #263 on: November 02, 2012, 11:31:36 AM »
Seven Psychopaths was decent.  The interactions between Christopher Walken, Sam Rockwell, Clive Owen and (especially) Woody Harrelson were a trip.
LUNA NOBIS PROVIDET

Offline Ventrueloquist

• Methuselah
« Reply #264 on: November 11, 2012, 02:30:00 PM »
Both Skyfall and Looper were very good. Skyfall is the best Bond movie of late and one of the best action movies of this millennium. It has numerous references to old Bond movies and its plot is more realistic and less spectacular since it's not a save the world type of movie. It has the most depth of any Bond movie I can think of, while not being low on well performed action.

It's made more enjoyable for me personally, since it has a Swedish person as the Bond villain's henchman (Ola Rapace). I don't think his character is mute, but he doesn't have any lines, preferring to let actions speak for him. In Mission Impossible 4 (which is also a very good action movie) the lead villain was played by Swedish actor Michael Nyqvist, who also spoke some Swedish in the movie. I wouldn't know if this is some sort of trend, villainous Swedes, but it would certainly be something to offset general prejudices against Swedes. 

Looper is played out in a near future setting and apart from some things, it's not different from today's society. It's story is quite philosophical, since it concerns time traveling and the choices you make in your life and how they affect other people and the future. Like Skyfall, it's an action movie with depth, but with more emphasis on the depth. I would recommend it for anyone who liked the complexity of Inception. Looper's plot is not as complicated as Inception's, but it gives you much to think about afterwards.

Offline Oscar

• Remember
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #265 on: November 11, 2012, 05:47:22 PM »
Watched hunger games.. I don't understand what the ruckus is about. Decent beginning, average for the rest if even that.

Offline _username

• Got Stront?
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #266 on: November 11, 2012, 07:33:45 PM »
Wreck it Ralph reminded me why I used to have a crush on Sarah Silverman.  Also, Kano did his signature Fatality...as a form of social commentary...at his support group meeting. Win!

Also, now I totally want to down a six pack of Red Bull and play Sugar Rush until I slip into a diabetic coma and die at the wheel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9AUwKLIv6k
« Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 07:39:17 PM by _username »
LUNA NOBIS PROVIDET

Offline Oscar

• Remember
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #267 on: November 24, 2012, 02:06:36 PM »
Act of Valor. It was entertaining
http://youtu.be/J5IlT8dZb2Q?t=20s
:rock:

Offline Oscar

• Remember
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #268 on: December 03, 2012, 08:38:10 PM »
Expendables 2. I didn't care for the first one, neither did I for this.. except for Chuck Norris. I cracked up real bad with that.

Dark knight rises. I was actually quite entertained. I think it was better than the previous. Music is really generic, and doesn't really stop anywhere but it quite keeps the adrenaline pumping.

Offline _username

• Got Stront?
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #269 on: December 04, 2012, 03:38:53 AM »
I was recently forced to watch the director's cut of Legend.  I swear that half the movie was in slow motion.  It felt like a sleepy, stoner version of Labyrinth.
LUNA NOBIS PROVIDET